Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

filling the bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default filling the bottle?

I heard a little rumor that I should put the bottle in the freezer overnight before I get it filled...just curious?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

you can do that where i take my bottle they sometimes throw my bottle in the freezer if it had been sitting in my car in the summer. it makes it easier to fill
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

ok are there any negative/positive effects that may happen. I have some experience with CO2 tanks. And if they are cold...they get really cold while filling them...and when they start to wark up..POOF goes the burst disc and all of the CO2 comes out...its a saftey measure when the pressure in the tank gets to high
Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the shop has a good nitrous pump there is no need to freeze the bottle. If they are gravity feeding that is the only way they can fill it.
Dave
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

It is a GREAT idea to put your bottle in the freezer overnight (Wether or not there is no2 still in the tank) It will compress whats in your tank, than any no2 that is added after that will condense and will allow you to fill more in the tank. Is it signifact? It is if the tank is still near 40 degrees or below fahrenheit)

BTW, I'm merely applying what I've learned from paintball. I run a 88 cubic inch carbon fiber tank with a 4500 PSI fill limit. But my scuba tank (that I fill my 88 ci tank with) only is good for 3500 PSI. So I freeze my carbon fiber tank over night than fill it from my scuba tank, and can actually fill my 88 ci tank with 3800 psi from my 3500 psi scuba tank just from the added density of a frozen tank. If I had a camra, I would video it to prove what i'm talking about. But I can't . But I **** you not. I can fill more in a frozen tank than I can with a room temperature tank.

So I'm appying this knowledge to "NOS". You should be able to fill more in a frozen tank, than you can with a tank that is room temperature. Flame all you want, its a fact.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
So I'm appying this knowledge to "NOS". You should be able to fill more in a frozen tank, than you can with a tank that is room temperature. Flame all you want, its a fact.
Nobody's gonna flame you for saying you can "squeeze" more N2O into a tank when it is colder, rather than warmer than the supply tank.

But we do take offense to you calling it "NOS." NOS is a brand. N2O is Nitrous Oxide.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
It is a GREAT idea to put your bottle in the freezer overnight (Wether or not there is no2 still in the tank) It will compress whats in your tank, than any no2 that is added after that will condense and will allow you to fill more in the tank. Is it signifact? It is if the tank is still near 40 degrees or below fahrenheit)

BTW, I'm merely applying what I've learned from paintball. I run a 88 cubic inch carbon fiber tank with a 4500 PSI fill limit. But my scuba tank (that I fill my 88 ci tank with) only is good for 3500 PSI. So I freeze my carbon fiber tank over night than fill it from my scuba tank, and can actually fill my 88 ci tank with 3800 psi from my 3500 psi scuba tank just from the added density of a frozen tank. If I had a camra, I would video it to prove what i'm talking about. But I can't . But I **** you not. I can fill more in a frozen tank than I can with a room temperature tank.

do not freeze your tank for these reasons. a 10# nitrous bottle is meant to hold 10# of nitrous that is it any more is unsafe. the place i go to has a good pump it just puts less strain on the pump if the bottle is cooler. like stated before if the shop you go to "freeze fills" wich means no pump you have to put your bottle in the freezer or it wont alow nitrous into it.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

I am not sure at how they fill the bottles. But I do know people that have used them and the bottles were NOT frozen. They were at best room temperature.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ferg95 T/A
I heard a little rumor that I should put the bottle in the freezer overnight before I get it filled...just curious?
It will help with gravity filling but not necessary when using a pump. Which ever method you prefer to use, just make sure a) don't overfill the bottle and b) make sure they're filtering the mother bottle so you don't get a bunch of junk in your bottle.

Nick
Old 04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by KFZ)^
Nobody's gonna flame you for saying you can "squeeze" more N2O into a tank when it is colder, rather than warmer than the supply tank.

But we do take offense to you calling it "NOS." NOS is a brand. N2O is Nitrous Oxide.
Wow.. Thanks einstein.. I used quotations for a reason...

Quick Reply: filling the bottle?