Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the details of this NXL "fuel reservoir"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave said he was going to look into it for the folks that went through him.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Soon, folks.. VERY VERY soon...

(These are spy shots, shhhh!!! )
Attached Thumbnails What are the details of this NXL "fuel reservoir"?-nx_accum1.jpg   What are the details of this NXL "fuel reservoir"?-nx_accum2.jpg   What are the details of this NXL "fuel reservoir"?-nx_accum3.jpg  
Old 04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool - thanks for the pics Brains.
Now, I purchased my kit from LS1Speed. It was the very first NXL kits they sold and installed. Will NX take care of us on this or will we have to fork over MORE cash. I hope they take care of us, I mean I have everything NX - three bottles, all accessories, REFILL station $$$$, even banners and decals. I show my love to NX, they need to show it back since the new NXL kits will ship with the accumulator
How big of a job will it be to install?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

From what I've been hearing, it won't be free but it should be very reasonable. I'll try to find out some exact details on Monday.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
From what I've been hearing, it won't be free but it should be very reasonable. I'll try to find out some exact details on Monday.
How soon is VERY VERY soon? Do they have an estimated shipping date yet??

At the very LEAST, since we already have the kit, we ARE getting a discount right? If not, this it the LAST NX part I ever buy period.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I honestly don't know how everything will be handled -- I'd assume your dealers will be working with you on it, but I heard something about the original purchasers will be able to get these for less than manufacturing cost.. I'll know more Monday
Old 04-03-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
I honestly don't know how everything will be handled -- I'd assume your dealers will be working with you on it, but I heard something about the original purchasers will be able to get these for less than manufacturing cost.. I'll know more Monday
Manufacturing cost or less I can deal with. I guess I'll need to get in touch with Nitro Dave's since that is who I bought my kit through. Definately post up what you find out on Monday. Thanks Brains!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

So if I bought a brand new kit would I get this thing included or will NX try to make me pay more?

I didnt read through this whole thread but whats the limits on this kit? Can I pray a 300 shot without problems? Is this fuel reservoir like a small inline pump for a fuel cell or something?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay folks, here's what you've been waiting for..

Pics of the unit itself are above, so you can get an idea of what the unit looks like. The unit is a big black anodized billet aluminum spring-loaded pressure accumulator, that connects via a 2 foot chunk of line to the back of your NXL rail.

Without re-hashing what it does or why you need it, I'll just say it works ! I've tested two of these units on my own car, and it went from stumbling badly to being nearly unnoticable. About the only thing I could notice is that I need a purge. The first time you hit it, the car feels a little "soft" until the nitrous hits -- but the car no longer stutters before taking off .. If you hit it again, the power delivery is smooth and immediate..

There's about 2 feet of line included in the kit, which gives you several mounting locations. Here's three that I found quickly, but I settled on "Location 1" as my favorite.

Location 1

Location 2

Location 3

Now here's the important part... If you're already a NXL owner, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the proper representative from NX to get yours cheap. If anyone wants to buy this direct, the price is around $200 but NX is taking care of their existing NXL owners by offering it for substantially less. Get your invoice handy, I'm sure they'll want to make sure who is who for the discount.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok guys here it is.Nx has the accumlators ready to go.If you purchased a kit before the release of the accumlator you can pick it up for 50.00 with a proof of purchase of the kit.The new kits will be comming with detailed instructions saying that the kit may require this upgrade if your car has a bog.It will cost an extra 200.00You can take care of this through any of the NX sales reps at 1-888-463-2781.
Thanks
Dave
Old 04-05-2004, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry brian,I guess I was typing while you were.LOL
Old 04-05-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks like
Old 04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
Ok guys here it is.Nx has the accumlators ready to go.If you purchased a kit before the release of the accumlator you can pick it up for 50.00 with a proof of purchase of the kit.The new kits will be comming with detailed instructions saying that the kit may require this upgrade if your car has a bog.It will cost an extra 200.00You can take care of this through any of the NX sales reps at 1-888-463-2781.
Thanks
Dave
What do I need for proof of purchase? I bought my kit through your company Dave, I was one of the first from the batch. However I'm not sure that I still have the sales receipt at this point being I believe it was back in September or October I got this thing.

Do you still have people's orders in your computer at all?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the rubber fuel line, is that going to pass tech? or is that one more piece you need to replace, to make the nxl kit up to par?

Ryan
Old 04-06-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

The blue line is Aeroquip socketless 200 psi hose if that helps, I have no idea what NHRA regs dictate for fuel line though ...
Old 04-07-2004, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

JF WS6
I was in the same situation. We got both of ours out of the same batch. I just called Dave up and he faxed me over a copy of the invoice then I called NX and they said to fax the invoice to 940-687-0751 then after faxing it to them give them a call to verify the information and getting things straight to ship it out.

Mike
Old 04-07-2004, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know the hose is good stuff, i've used it before on wet kits.

its just you can't add more than like 6" of rubber hose, thats not factory original, to pass tech (at least by 2001 rules, it may be different now, i've always used braided since, so i have not looked it up recently)

ryan
Old 04-07-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice. thanks for the update guys. I just called NX, spoke to the rep - he took care of it right away!!!

Awesome Customer service all the way from the NX team!!!
now, I cant wait to run this thing!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JF WS6
What do I need for proof of purchase? I bought my kit through your company Dave, I was one of the first from the batch. However I'm not sure that I still have the sales receipt at this point being I believe it was back in September or October I got this thing.

Do you still have people's orders in your computer at all?
Yes sir,
Give me a call.If you purchased your kit from us I can make you a copy of your original receipt.
Thanks
Dave
Old 04-07-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just so everyone knows.. I've got one of these on the way, and will be included with the NXL kit I have for sale for the price I listed it for..