Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n20 noob, help plz

Old 06-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default n20 noob, help plz

i need help picking out a kit! i've never ran nitrous or installed one. i Need to know what to do and what to get! I have installed the racetronix fuel pump kit with wiring harness. Now what!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got an hsw kit
and price was right quality is right instalation insturctions are clear for a noob to understand
personaly i like them but there are alot of different companies out there
pick one you like
Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

There are several ways you can put a kit on your car. You could go with a Single nozzle, dual nozzle, plate or direct port nitorus kit on there. Also are you wanting a full complete system or just the system only with a few accessories. Are you planning on running a bigger shot down the line or are you going to stick with one hp level from here on out.....

If you'd like to go over a setup that would suite your needs to a T give me a shout here at the shop and i'll go over a setup with you.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

I have the Nitro Dave f body custom plate kit and it was my first time installing a nitrous kit and it went together with no prolblem. They got the best kits on the market.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Teching In

im lookin for 50 then advancing to 150. Whats the major differences between the 4? direct port requires mods to the intake right? If so im not interested in that, something simple and sweet. Is there a major advantage with the plate? IM clueless to the accessories. What could i do?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What all is currently done to your car? What are your future plans with it as well?
Dave
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 AM
9 Second Club

Talk to Dave ^ They can get you set up with a nice plate kit and all the accesories you need... good people to deal with! Then you need a good tuner to get you straight as well...
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Teching In

its an a4. 3.73. pacesetter headers and ory borla cb. i want to put this kit on and follow it up with a cam converter and intake install. i been reading most ppl prefer the 4k stall. is putting this kit on going to make a difference on what i get?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Nitrous will effect what stall you will want on your car. A 4000 is not where I would start for a sprayed street car. Since you have future mods planned I would reccomend giving me a call at the shop. My name is graham. Much better to talk with who you are wanting to spend your money with I think.

http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=894

I would take a look at this kit as a starter. This will handle what you have mentioned so far. If your looking for an easy install I would reccomend one of these. Some of the issues with plates is if you change to a Fast or similar intake it wont work anymore. But if you feel you want to go with a more high end system we have our MAF kit that I am a huge fan of.

http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=757

Happy to help and go over you whole setup from the future cam and the stall as well as your nitrous needs.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skorch1ss
its an a4. 3.73. pacesetter headers and ory borla cb. i want to put this kit on and follow it up with a cam converter and intake install. i been reading most ppl prefer the 4k stall. is putting this kit on going to make a difference on what i get?
As for the convertor I would look into a 3600 stall. It will give you the street manners and work very well with the nitrous. You will be suprised at the difference the right stall can make on the 60ft time. I would probably do that before doing the nitrous. The reason why is that with the stock convertor it will take a while before you are up in the power range to wear your car is making peak power and torque. Since it takes a while to build RPM you will not be able to use the nitrous out of the hole because it will take a while to get to the 3000 rpm mark. (not saying nitrous would be bad to do before. Just saying it will have a even better affect with the right stall)

You have the perfect gear for your set up so you are good there.

At the horse power level you are looking at there are alot of options out there for you. Personaly since you are using the factory pcm I would personaly do a wet style system. This is a system that adds the fuel with the nitrous discharge.

There is a big selection as fasr as different products to fit different budgets.

Your best bet would be either a single nozzle style system or a plate system. Personally I love the look and the results from our vehicle specific plate systems.

If you would like one I can build you a quote based off your needs and budget. Just shoot me a pm so I can ask you some more specific questions to help you with what actually works best for you..

Thanks
Dave

Search this Thread