Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to N02

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to N02

I have a 1998 SS has 100000 on the clock. Mods are LS6 intake PPTB air and egr delete full exhaust a4 with stock 323s and stock stall. My question is what is a safe shot? The car isnt my DD but just a weekend toy I was thinking of 100 or a 150 shot but idk if the motor will handle it at over 100000 miles on her. Also what kit do you recommend I am new to N02 I would like to buy a whole kit not a piece together system. Nexts mods after spray will be 410s and a 3500 stall.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 98sivlerbullet
I have a 1998 SS has 100000 on the clock. Mods are LS6 intake PPTB air and egr delete full exhaust a4 with stock 323s and stock stall. My question is what is a safe shot? The car isnt my DD but just a weekend toy I was thinking of 100 or a 150 shot but idk if the motor will handle it at over 100000 miles on her. Also what kit do you recommend I am new to N02 I would like to buy a whole kit not a piece together system. Nexts mods after spray will be 410s and a 3500 stall.
To be safe just put a 100 shot on it. From what I can tell, you most likely didn't change the fuel pump yet so the 100 shot is where you want to be until it is changed. Make sure you change the plugs to NGK br6ef for that shot. Just a piece of advice, I wouldn't put 4.10 in the car on the bottle. Go with 3.73's it will be a little happier going thru the quarter.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100-150 will be safe sir. Tuning and plugs is important on any size shot tho.

If your going to be spraying the car a lot your going to want to make sure your whoever you order your stall through is aware of it.

Also 4.10's with spray and a stall is a MONSTER to try and hook. I would reccomend doing the stall and spray first and figure out gearing needs later. Especially if your considering a cam later down the road.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=894

Here is our nozzle kit. If you would like some the extras I will get it all lined out and complete. Give me a call or feel free to pm to go over any details and to make sure you get one perfect for yor and your car.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

A 100hp to 150hp shot would be ok on the car even with that mileage. If you wanted to go a step above to make sure it will be ok spraying it you could do a compression test and see what the results are from that.

For the system.....what are your ultimate goals with the car and nitorus??
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
A 100hp to 150hp shot would be ok on the car even with that mileage. If you wanted to go a step above to make sure it will be ok spraying it you could do a compression test and see what the results are from that.

For the system.....what are your ultimate goals with the car and nitorus??
I am trying to make just a mid low 11 second car right now on no2 stall and bolt ons then later start doing heads cam and other stuff
Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
100-150 will be safe sir. Tuning and plugs is important on any size shot tho.

If your going to be spraying the car a lot your going to want to make sure your whoever you order your stall through is aware of it.

Also 4.10's with spray and a stall is a MONSTER to try and hook. I would reccomend doing the stall and spray first and figure out gearing needs later. Especially if your considering a cam later down the road.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=894

Here is our nozzle kit. If you would like some the extras I will get it all lined out and complete. Give me a call or feel free to pm to go over any details and to make sure you get one perfect for yor and your car.
thanks bud do you recommend a wet kit or dry I was planing on using the t6 plugs like you said and i havnt fond me a tuner yet got a guy that might do a n02 set up for me tho
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
To be safe just put a 100 shot on it. From what I can tell, you most likely didn't change the fuel pump yet so the 100 shot is where you want to be until it is changed. Make sure you change the plugs to NGK br6ef for that shot. Just a piece of advice, I wouldn't put 4.10 in the car on the bottle. Go with 3.73's it will be a little happier going thru the quarter.
yeah thats what i have heard does the 373s finish the 1/4 in the top of 3rd? I just want a gear that will almost be bagging out 3rd at the 1/4
Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

thanks bud do you recommend a wet kit or dry I was planing on using the t6 plugs like you said and i havnt fond me a tuner yet got a guy that might do a n02 set up for me tho
I would do a wet for simplicity. The ideal plug would be a br6. Same heat range but with a non projected tip. People do spray the tr6's their are just better way of doing things.

The tune with a wet kit is simply timing pulled. The fuel enrichment is handled by the jetting on the fuel side of the kit.

If you want you can PM or call and we can go over all your setup sir. My name is Graham btw.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
I would do a wet for simplicity. The ideal plug would be a br6. Same heat range but with a non projected tip. People do spray the tr6's their are just better way of doing things.

The tune with a wet kit is simply timing pulled. The fuel enrichment is handled by the jetting on the fuel side of the kit.

If you want you can PM or call and we can go over all your setup sir. My name is Graham btw.
Well thanks yeah ill be giving you a call pretty soon i have heard good things about NX I was leaning towards wet but idk that much about N02. I am just ready to run in the 11s cause my buddys got a TBSS that is about to run right beside me and i cant have that
Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Of course.. Cant have Mr. jones keeping up.

Let me know what I can do to set you up or help sir.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I am trying to make just a mid low 11 second car right now on no2 stall and bolt ons then later start doing heads cam and other stuff
I assume that when you do the heads/cam you'll be upgrading the intake and if thats the case then I'd suggest a single nozzle kit for right now then if you wanted later on upgrade to a plate conversion you could do that with no problem.

This will be a system that you could grow with
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...10&product=802

I'd also suggest getting a Window Switch, FPSS ( FUuel pressure safety switch ), N20 Gauge, and Bottle heater.