Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much can i spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much can i spray

i friend of mine has an ls2 c6 corvette bolt/ons trick flow heads and cam, dynoed 525rwhp how much could he spray with the stock pistons rods bolts and crank stock bottom end
Old 07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Depends how long you want it to last haha! I'd say probably 100shot and you'd be surprised with the results
Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by supersick99z
Depends how long you want it to last haha! I'd say probably 100shot and you'd be surprised with the results
i am asking because i feel 150 maybe 200 should be fine have bigger injectors and a boostapump, the reason I'm asking is because my friend got his car back with number seven cracked and some pieces out of the piston and there is some bowl damage on the head, nicks. this was done on the dyno by the tuner, the shop who basically installed it, and tuned it
Old 07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

So the car does have a Boost-A-Pump in it with bigger injectors if i read correct??
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
So the car does have a Boost-A-Pump in it with bigger injectors if i read correct??
yes it does, i dont know off hand what the duty cycle was but they sprayed it with a hsw couldnt get it to go over 60 hp, they said that its junk yours is better so they installed yours and it didnt go over 105 i think
Old 07-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
yes it does, i dont know off hand what the duty cycle was but they sprayed it with a hsw couldnt get it to go over 60 hp, they said that its junk yours is better so they installed yours and it didnt go over 105 i think
With the timing backed out of the car for the nitrous it was making about 480 on motor. It picked up 145 on a 150 shot with the Nitrous Outlet Plate.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
With the timing backed out of the car for the nitrous it was making about 480 on motor. It picked up 145 on a 150 shot with the Nitrous Outlet Plate.
OK that explains it, so please can anyone tell me why the piston cracked, detonation low octane, wrong heat range of plug, a lean condition, bad noid, bad tune, what
Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK that explains it, so please can anyone tell me why the piston cracked, detonation low octane, wrong heat range of plug, a lean condition, bad noid, bad tune, what
Hard to say with out all the details.. There are so many different varables that come into play with out all the details it would be nothing more than speculation.

When things break it can be from something as simple as a weak part to wrong plug choice, running out of fuel, to much timing, and on and on....

I have a local that lost number 7 on his Trans Am and it was nothing more than a heads and cam naturally asperated engine.

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 07-16-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Hard to say with out all the details.. There are so many different varables that come into play with out all the details it would be nothing more than speculation.

When things break it can be from something as simple as a weak part to wrong plug choice, running out of fuel, to much timing, and on and on....

I have a local that lost number 7 on his Trans Am and it was nothing more than a heads and cam naturally asperated engine.

Dave
your probably right just mechanical failure a bad piston
Old 07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

lol, I know it sounds funny but it is possible.. But facts always work better than speculation.

What plug was being used?
How much timing was being pulled?
What grade gas?

I see the airfuel graph and nothing there would have hurt it..

Also lets say tune up was dead on. Has anyone else ever tuned on the car before this? If so, is there a posibility the tune was off. Or was parts added and it needed tuned but it was driven with out a tune? Pre ignition and detonation over a period of time due to an overly aggressive tune or a poor tune up will eventally cause parts failure as well.

Again lots of varables. Need alot more information..
Old 07-16-2010, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

lol, I know it sounds funny but it is possible.. But facts always work better than speculation.

What plug was being used?
How much timing was being pulled?
What grade gas?

I see the airfuel graph and nothing there would have hurt it..

Also lets say tune up was dead on. Has anyone else ever tuned on the car before this? If so, is there a posibility the tune was off. Or was parts added and it needed tuned but it was driven with out a tune? Pre ignition and detonation over a period of time due to an overly aggressive tune or a poor tune up will eventally cause parts failure as well.

Again lots of varables. Need alot more information..
yes its been tuned by COW spinmonster de vettes, Cartek, chumma, and the owner mike, the kit was never sprayed until the dyno, it didnt work rpm fixed it and tuned it
Old 07-16-2010, 07:07 PM
FormerVendor

yes its been tuned by COW spinmonster de vettes, Cartek, chumma, and the owner mike, the kit was never sprayed until the dyno, it didnt work rpm fixed it and tuned it
Why has so many different people touched this car? Has the owner been chasing a number the car was not capable of producing or was there drivabilty issues the owner was fighting?

Dave
Old 07-16-2010, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Why has so many different people touched this car? Has the owner been chasing a number the car was not capable of producing or was there drivabilty issues the owner was fighting?

Dave
he didnt know better some bad tunes times and rears blowing, and wait time, he was happy with the last one till the cracked piston
Old 07-17-2010, 01:38 AM
FormerVendor

If the nitrous tune was correct and not an issue in the failure that resulted there is a posibility that one of the prior tune ups caused an issue that raised it's ugly head once the added cylinder pressure was introduced from the nitrous. Goes with the saying adding more power allways finds the week points..

I once bought a car from a guy that had zaped all the plugs in the car. He had done a compression test and leak down and everything showed to be ok. I put the car on the dyno and fixed the tune up, took it to the track and made 3 great passes. Took it home and a month later it sent a rod out the block cruising at 15mph through a school zone. Only thing I can figure is that when he killed all those spark plugs the detonation bent a rod and created a weak point that eventually let go.

Dave