Sponsored by:

150 shot real world jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carter01
Thanks for clearing that up!
Somewhere on here or yellow bullet, I saw some posts with pictures of spark plugs cut to show you where the fuel ring is - they are helpful if you don't know what you're looking for... If you don't want to cut plugs all the time, get a good lighted scope for reading them - they aren't that expensive and really needed to do it right... There are a few different opinions out there about the proper way to read plugs, so, as usual, don't believe everything you read on the internet (imagine that)...
Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the original poster. You will find that the jet pack usually has the jets you need to get the airfuel dialed in. Out of the wide range of cars I have tuned I have noticed the jetting to vary from car to car. Under most circumstances the jetting is to rich. However in many cases it has saved many people from hurting there car. Thats why on the jet card it explains its a starting point for the tune up. better to be a tad rich on the first short pull than to be to lean.

According the the proper N/F ratio you should end up with something like 62 nitrous and 33 fuel.

I still suggest starting with the starting point we give. Then if its rich just simply go smaller on the fuel jet.
Dave

Quick Reply: 150 shot real world jetting?