Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$999 Direct Port Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $999 Direct Port Installed

For ls1tech members we are offering a installed special on our PN# ML50direct port system plumbed on your intake. Contact Graham For more details.

Here's is the system installed on a LS6 intake

This comes with a 10# bottle, 4 solenoids, piranha nozzles and more. Is also capable of spraying up to 400 hp but can be jetted as low as 100.

http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1370

Last edited by NitrousExpress; 07-27-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
9 Second Club

looks like a rather nice deal. What is the difference between "mainline" products and "NX" products, mainly solenoids and bottles?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

pretty nice looking setup..
Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I take off my intake, send it to you guys and you return it plumbed with all the other gadgets required to make it work (bottle, bracket, lines, etc.)?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Default The Difference

Originally Posted by camscam02
looks like a rather nice deal. What is the difference between "mainline" products and "NX" products, mainly solenoids and bottles?
The ML5000 is designed to provide great performance and durability at an entry level price point. Sure NX makes a higher end direct port system but the ML5000 is the perfect choice for someone who wants the most bang for their buck. The main differences are as follows:

The ML5000 has stainless steel Mainline solenoids vs the billet aluminum and carbon fiber Lightning series solenoids. The ML5000 bottle has a standard brass bottle valve vs the billet aluminum Ligntning series bottle valve.

The ML5000 includes a relay, relay harness and a push button. The Higher end NX systems have a relay, harness, WOT switch, flush mount arming switch and an extensive hardware pack that includes every nut, bolt & electrical connector used in common installs.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Default NX Custom Intake Plumbing

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
So, I take off my intake, send it to you guys and you return it plumbed with all the other gadgets required to make it work (bottle, bracket, lines, etc.)?
Thats correct, Just send the intake to NX with a completed copy of this form. http://www.nitrousexpress.com/intake.pdf

NX will plumb your intake and return it to you along with the bottle, brackets, feedline etc. Usual turnaround time is 1 week plus shipping. Rush jobs are avalable. Just contact Graham at NX for details. His number is 940-767-7694.

Make sure to put $999 special on the form
Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
For ls1tech members we are offering $999 installed special on our PN# ML50direct port system plumbed on your intake. Contact Graham For more details.

This comes with a 10# bottle, 4 solenoids, piranha nozzles and more. Is also capable of spraying up to 500 hp but can be jetted as low as 100.]
I have two questions. 1st: Does this deal apply to single plane carb style intakes like the GMPP or the Super Vic? 2nd: Will the kit spray 500hp as is out of the box or will I have to upgrade the solenoids and lines? Seeing that the nitrous solenoids are the smaller base solenoids I assume the nitrous solenoids are a .078 orifice which will net max flow of about 200 hp per solenoid. There fore both solenoids together would max flow 400 wide open. Now add the restriction of drag through the rest of the system you would only see maybe 350 hp max to the ground. Then plus it having a 4 an main feed line 350 may be tuff. I just don't see how this system any possibility of flowing 500 hp. Thats just going off the data I have used in the past when buying nitrous kits. Its a great deal if it work for the bigger 400+ shots.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Wow.
That's a great deal.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like a killer deal! Also would like to know about the orfice size question already posted above.

Whats up with the TB on it as well?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by minytrker
I have two questions. 1st: Does this deal apply to single plane carb style intakes like the GMPP or the Super Vic? 2nd: Will the kit spray 500hp as is out of the box or will I have to upgrade the solenoids and lines? Seeing that the nitrous solenoids are the smaller base solenoids I assume the nitrous solenoids are a .078 orifice which will net max flow of about 200 hp per solenoid. There fore both solenoids together would max flow 400 wide open. Now add the restriction of drag through the rest of the system you would only see maybe 350 hp max to the ground. Then plus it having a 4 an main feed line 350 may be tuff. I just don't see how this system any possibility of flowing 500 hp. Thats just going off the data I have used in the past when buying nitrous kits. Its a great deal if it work for the bigger 400+ shots.
Was suppose to be 400.. My typo. Our mainline will do 247.5 Per Mr. Woods flow numbers. We also are adding a -6 mainline like we should have I do appreciate the post you seem very knowledgeable. Im always happy to have some experienced nitrous users here. Any intake will work btw sir. I will also add this to the first post.

Originally Posted by MattxFatal
Wow.
That's a great deal.
Thanks sir!

Originally Posted by XLR8N
Looks like a killer deal! Also would like to know about the orfice size question already posted above.

Whats up with the TB on it as well?
I LOVE that throttle body. Its one we offer. Were letting them go now cheap for what they are at $300. Let me know we have 9 I think left.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Thank you for the reply. A few more questions, do you know if the solenoid was flowed through the a system like it would be on a car or was just the solenoid flowed? I sent my whole intake and nitrous kit and everything off once and had it flow tested and was suprized that it flowed less than I thought one all setup. Once you setup a fogger do you flow test them? I sent mine to a non-sponsor last time. And lastly, if I am planning on spraying 400 would you recommend this kit, if not which kit do you recommend? Sorry for all the questions, Im just looking to upgrade to a fogger and $999 seemed really cheap to what I have seen out there so I want to make sure it will work.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

This was tested with a jetted complete system at 1050 psi. It flowed 1159.2 lbs/hr with our 400 hp jetting.

This system will flow 3.22 pounds of nitrous in 10 seconds with those jets. So if you want 400 hp from this system, pill it up and go. I really like the questions sir. These questions need to be asked far more often. We can always use some good tech.

This is a great deal I agree. We wanted to offer something we can do cost efficient and within a reasonable time frame to put direct ports as more of an option for more people. I think with this system and price that more people who want them can have them, and more people that need them will run them.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

sorry if its a dumb question but will the direct port rig work for a dry system? and if so can i do it with the stock computer?

dicky
Old 07-27-2010, 02:50 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ If they switched the fuel solenoids with two other nitrous solenoids you could spray two stages through it. There's quite a few different ways to set up a dry direct port on the stock pcm. IAT trickery tables / cos5, I've read of a dial method a while ago, and the HSW interface are all options.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 AM
9 Second Club

Nice!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by dicky98z
sorry if its a dumb question but will the direct port rig work for a dry system? and if so can i do it with the stock computer?

dicky
If your set on doing a dry shot we can help set you up. You certainly can do dry nitrous with stock computer. If you would like some more in depth information im happy to help you out..

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
^ If they switched the fuel solenoids with two other nitrous solenoids you could spray two stages through it. There's quite a few different ways to set up a dry direct port on the stock pcm. IAT trickery tables / cos5, I've read of a dial method a while ago, and the HSW interface are all options.
Good reply. Their are a number of ways to tune and setup a dry shot.

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Nice!
Thanks were pretty happy with this setup.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

how much just for the parts to setup the intake? I already have a MAF kit.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
how much just for the parts to setup the intake? I already have a MAF kit.
Ill send you a pm sir.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
thanks i don't know anything abour tuning, i just read some where that if you go direct port you need a different pcm other than stock and i didn't really want to get that far into a setup.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
If your set on doing a dry shot we can help set you up. You certainly can do dry nitrous with stock computer. If you would like some more in depth information im happy to help you out..

im pretty set on a 2 stage dry setup (1st stage 50, 2nd stage 125), im not sure if this would be over kill for those shots but i hear the direct port performs better.

thanks
dicky

Quick Reply: $999 Direct Port Installed