Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 with direct port

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 with direct port

I'm new to the direct port world. I got the kit for free all I had to do was buy noids, fittings, and lines. My question is what fuel pressure regulator do I need to cut my fuel pressure to 6psi so I can spray 150 through an 18 fuel jet?

I called jegs and they said I needed a mallory return style regulator and that i'd have to run a line back to my fuel tank. is this true or is there another way around it?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I would also recommend you use a return style regulator. We use and like the Aeromotive #13301 regulator.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...searchResult=0
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

How do you suggest I return the excess fuel? Could I put it back in the fuel rails?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Run a return hose back to the tank.
Dave
Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Run a return hose back to the tank.
Dave
thanks for the info. I should be finishing this car sometime next month. I'll upload pics and dyno numbers for N/A, on my Direct port, then again on my NANO.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I think the guys might be overlooking something...

Are you wanting to run 2 fuel pressures off the OEM fuel system or are you running a dedicated fuel system?

If you are trying to do this off the OEM system it is not going to work the way you are wanting. If you try to run 2 return style regulators the system will only be able to reach the lower psi setting. The lower pressure regulator will start returning fuel before the other regulator reaches its set point.

Please give me a call if you can so I can make sure you get your fuel system set up the way you want.

Here is a daigram to run 2 fuel pressures off of one pump. It takes 3 regulators.

Yes this was for a carb'd system but the principle is the same.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

I have a walbro 255lph fuel pump in my tank. I'm using the factory regulator to supply the stock injectors and my nitrous kit that I run my nano on. On my direct port I'm going to use an adjustable regulator to cut from fuel rail pressure to 6 psi for the direct port. I'll call you monday morning.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

thx for spelling out all of the parts you currently have.

If you try to run two regulators the way you are describing you will never see a higher fuel pressure than the lowest regulator setting. The fuel will take the path of least resistance.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
thx for spelling out all of the parts you currently have.

If you try to run two regulators the way you are describing you will never see a higher fuel pressure than the lowest regulator setting. The fuel will take the path of least resistance.
I understand it's going to take the path of lease resistance. I was planning on running the second regulator after the fuel rail regulator so I wouldn't effect fuel rail pressure.

I hope I'm making sence. I can take pics and draw out what I wanted to do and post it up to see if it's like your thinking I need to do.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

doing it that way you will be feeding the second regulator with the fuel being returned from the main one.

This will work as long as you have enough fuel volume to support the demands of the second regulator. If you are using the fuel at the motor before it makes it to the second regulator you will not maintain pressure for the nitrous system.

I would not suggest doing it this way due to the risk involved.

your best bet is running a dedicated fuel system if you are wanting to run 2 different fuel pressures.

Last edited by Ray@Nitrous Outlet; 07-31-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

I was thinking that would be the easiest thing to do. I'll run a stand alone system

Quick Reply: LT1 with direct port