Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering N/O LT1 Plate kit, what else do I need to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ordering N/O LT1 Plate kit, what else do I need to buy?

Im pulling off the blower in my car as I only run it hard maybe 3-4 times a month and the nitrous seems like a better power adder for me, car has 50k on it well maintained with a 52mm TB, 1.6 RR's, full exhaust, in-line fuel pump (from the blower kit) and will be getting a cam soon. I have been looking at the Mallory 685, is that a good way to pull timing? also what plugs will I need and what do I gap them to for a 100-150 shot? is that a safe shot on a stock motor? Will i need a dynotune right away? what injectors should I use? sorry for all the questions but I will be making a purchase this week and want to make sure I have all bases covered.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes ie needs to be tuned right away, the mallory will work, but tunign the car for the hit would be better. a tr6 or tr7 will work, I'd start with a #7, gap them at about 35. 150 will be o.k. with a stock motor, I wouldn't go too much more then that.

Injectors, if you are going dry I would put a 36 or 42 lb in, give you some room to grow later.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum that covers most of these questions... I'm going to leave this open in case there's something major that's missed in the sticky... it's still being updated with more info as I come across it.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Yes ie needs to be tuned right away, the mallory will work, but tunign the car for the hit would be better. a tr6 or tr7 will work, I'd start with a #7, gap them at about 35. 150 will be o.k. with a stock motor, I wouldn't go too much more then that.

Injectors, if you are going dry I would put a 36 or 42 lb in, give you some room to grow later.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum that covers most of these questions... I'm going to leave this open in case there's something major that's missed in the sticky... it's still being updated with more info as I come across it.
What is a TR7? and you are saying if I get a dynotune I dont need the mallory? The kit is wet.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

NGK tr7. its a heat range 7 plug. and if you dynotune it the tuner will pull the timing you need to run spray so you wont need the mallory box to pull timing.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1_bad94Camaro
NGK tr7. its a heat range 7 plug. and if you dynotune it the tuner will pull the timing you need to run spray so you wont need the mallory box to pull timing.
Will it only pull timing when the nitrous is on or how does that work? im sorry im a little confused I thought all the installed kits I saw had the mallory 685. also will I be safe with the TR7 plugs on a 100-150 shot? Do I need a window switch or does the tune take care of that too?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quick94LT1
Will it only pull timing when the nitrous is on or how does that work? im sorry im a little confused I thought all the installed kits I saw had the mallory 685. also will I be safe with the TR7 plugs on a 100-150 shot? Do I need a window switch or does the tune take care of that too?
dynotuning the car will pull timing for nitrous. the tuner can tune it for N/A and you can use the mallory box to pull timing only when your going to spray it. TR7 or the BR7EF plugs willl be great for 150 shot. a window switch will only spray at the RPM's you program it to spray.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

If you get it dyno tuned for the nitrous it will be pulling timing ALL the time, which will hurt your N/A numbers. The mallory box can be wired up to only pull timing when the nitrous is activated.

Get some Br7ef plugs, which is a non-projected tip #7 plug. They will be fine for that size shot. Also, I'd recommend a HSW microedge controller. It has a window switch and tons of other options built into it.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Use the mallory...best NA power and safe spraying. Mine works great
Old 08-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
If you get it dyno tuned for the nitrous it will be pulling timing ALL the time, which will hurt your N/A numbers. The mallory box can be wired up to only pull timing when the nitrous is activated.

Get some Br7ef plugs, which is a non-projected tip #7 plug. They will be fine for that size shot. Also, I'd recommend a HSW microedge controller. It has a window switch and tons of other options built into it.
So I really dont need a dynotune right away as long as I pull timing with the mallory box when im spraying? all hes going to do is tune it for NA right? I might as well wait for a dynotune for when I get my cam installed later this year. with the microedge controller and mallory box it is SAFE to spray it right?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quick94LT1
So I really dont need a dynotune right away as long as I pull timing with the mallory box when im spraying? all hes going to do is tune it for NA right? I might as well wait for a dynotune for when I get my cam installed later this year. with the microedge controller and mallory box it is SAFE to spray it right?
You can have it dyno tuned both NA and on the spray to make sure your A/F ratio is good on both. You don't HAVE to have it dyno tuned. Just check your plugs after you spray it and make sure they look ok. You will be fine with a 100-150 shot. The common rule is pull 2* for every 50 shot you spray.