Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express Bottle Orientation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Nitrous Express Bottle Orientation?

I have a new Nitrous Express bottle and I need to verify the proper orientation. The bottle came without any instructions and I can’t find instructions on the NX website. Looking at the bottle alone one would think that the label should be on top. That conclusion conflicts with the apparent NX convention that requires the label on the left side when the bottle faces forward. I have tried to remove the valve to verify directly – https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...tle-valve.html - no dice. Really annoying!
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous Express Bottle Orientation?-my-nx-bottle-2.jpg   Nitrous Express Bottle Orientation?-nx-bottle-orientation.jpg   Nitrous Express Bottle Orientation?-nx-illustration-.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sir, the label has nothing to do with the orientation of the siphon tube. The siphon tube bend is oriented toward the outlet of the bottle. So on the current NX lightning valve as the picture shows its the outlet of the bottle that needs to be pointed down.

Since you are having problems removing it I would be happy to have it sent in and verify anything you like sir.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had my NX bottle valve out before and, as Nitrous Express stated, if the outlet is pointed down then the siphon tube is position down and correct also.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks. I did expect that the pickup tube should be in the same plane as the discharge port but I didn’t want to assume that that was the case. And I had good reason to think that the person who assembled my bottle was not properly trained. The valve has two ports that were plugged – a gauge port and a push port. Both plugs were sealed with teflon tape. Also, any implication that the label is randomly aligned with the valve is untrue. The alignment is very precise and my label is on top. All of the information I found on the NX website showed the label on the left side. There should be a note somewhere saying that the discharge port should point down. I haven't found it.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

the third picture in the first post of this thread shows that the discharge should point down with the valve pointed towards the front of the vehicle.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Thanks. I did expect that the pickup tube should be in the same plane as the discharge port but I didn’t want to assume that that was the case. And I had good reason to think that the person who assembled my bottle was not properly trained. The valve has two ports that were plugged – a gauge port and a push port. Both plugs were sealed with teflon tape. Also, any implication that the label is randomly aligned with the valve is untrue. The alignment is very precise and my label is on top. All of the information I found on the NX website showed the label on the left side. There should be a note somewhere saying that the discharge port should point down. I haven't found it.
The pictures have the label facing left so that the label can be seen in the picture. Every bottle we send out the label will be oriented to the top so when you mount it in your car the label will be visible.

I dont remember ever saying the labels were random. I said they had nothing to do with the orientation of the siphon valve.. As I did say in the other thread If you would like us to verify anything on the bottle I am more than happy to do so.

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
the third picture in the first post of this thread shows that the discharge should point down with the valve pointed towards the front of the vehicle.
Agreed and thank you for chiming in.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
It does seem like this diagram should have removed my doubts. Life isn't always smooth for guys like me and Mel Gibson.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

It does seem like this diagram should have removed my doubts. Life isn't always smooth for guys like me and Mel Gibson.
Now thats funny . If you ever need a hand or anything give us a call sir. Were here to help.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

lol.....no worries I have fielded a few calls about the same concerns.

We do the same thing for advertising purposes (putting the label on the side of the bottle)...insted of always showing the label on the "top" side.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 AM
9 Second Club

Good info in here. Thanks guys
Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Life isn't always smooth for guys like me and Mel Gibson.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express Bottle Orientation?