Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe Nitirous kit for my 01 TA ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Safe Nitirous kit for my 01 TA ?

Looking for a really safe nitirous kit (if their is such) for my 01 ta biggest hit i would want would be 100 thinking of starting out with like 50 hit and working up to the 100. My car is 01 TA M6 stg 2 monster setup with Tick hydralics slp lid, slp lm exhaust and 4.10 gears. thanks to anyone with info
Old 09-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous outlet or NX in my opinion. Both Very clean and work great. The support both companies offer on here and over the phone is awesome !! Money well spent.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

I would email the sponsers here. Nitrous outlet, NX, dynotune and HSW are all site sponsers and all make LS1 specific kits. It doesnt really matter which one you buy from the setup is going to make or break your kit.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
9 Second Club

Get with Chris at Nitro Dave's and they will set you up. The safety of the kit really consists of the safety features you purchase, FPSS, Window Switch, WOT Switch, Blow Down Tube, Bottle Heater, Not spraying below 3000, right # Non-projected tip plug, right timing etc.... Chris and the stickies will explain it pretty good.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Opinion towards safe can go many ways. Using quality products by a company that provides great technical service is a good start.

Since you have a ls1with stock pcm I would suggest a wet system. It will be much easier to tune with more reliable results.

You could do a single nozzle system or a plate system.

The single nozzle will place a universal nozzle in the air bellow between the mass air meter and throttle body.

The plate will bolt embetween the throttle body and intake manifold, providing a cleaner looking install and supporting higher attomizes better for horse power levels over 200 hp.

Here is a list that discusses the basic accessories.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2

You may concider the lingenfelter controller to remove timing so you can run optimal timing N/A and remove the timing when the nitrous system hits.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467

I would also suggest one of our nitrous controllers to activate and deactive the nitrous according to RPM and TPS posistion.

If your mod list is current you will need to change your spark plugs to the NGK BR7EF and upgrade the cars fuel system. I would concider the racetronix fuel system.

If I can answer any questions please let me know.
Dave
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Any quality kit is as safe or unsafe as you make it. A very basic Kit is perfectly safe and each extra add on only gives you an extra backup and can make the system virtually run it's self if you want it to.

Education is the safest nitrous kit. Nitrous is perfectly safe just as a gun is or a the car it's self. You just need some knowledge behind the arm switch, trigger or wheel!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the guys who mentioned us.

Madmike - There are a lot of safe nitrous systems. Safety on the system itself comes from using the best parts around, and dealing with people who know how to use them. I would probably plan getting a system based around future goals of the car.

On a near stock application our two stage capable MAF plate works great. Allows up to 250 on a 1 stage as it comes. So the system is surely capable of anything you would throw at the car while it still has the stock bottom end. With being upgradeable to two stages, you can run three different size shots. Great for street stuff or bracket racing. Not mention its just nice to have adjustable power like that.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=757

Here is a link to the MAF system. That includes a TPS switch you dont need as well as my forum discount will be applied. So if your interested, please contact me and I will let you know your price on that system and anything else you may be looking for.

Here is our single nozzle as well:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=894

Both these systems come NX lightning series parts. The billet bottle valve is one of the best on the market. Has many features that truly hold it above our old style valve. The solenoids as well are our lightning series. Lighter, Better flow path, and stronger magnets than a lot of what you will find out there.

NX will never be the cheapest, but we will continue to try and be the best. Let us know if you would like some insight or parts sir.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks for all the post guys i will be intouch
Old 10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

looks like u guys hit the nail on the head i need to read and learn just like mentiond above its like a gun (Guns dont kill people, people kill people) (Nitirous dont kill motors uninformed people kill motors) lol I want to have a system i will be able to hide really well and all i have to do to get everything armed buy pushing a button or flip of a switch, like electric bottle opener, bottle heater etc... if guys see where im going with this ? i dont want to leave my seat to get armed !!!!