Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spraybar in Super Vic + another plate

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spraybar in Super Vic + another plate

I've got a Super Vic that Nitrous Outlet installed their spray bar in. I was thinking of using that at 100-150 for a 1st stage off the rail and getting another carb plate for a 2nd stage adding another 150-250 with a dedicated. Can I do that? Or will the spray bar being under the 2nd plate mess something up?

Also, whose carb plate would you all use for up to a 250 hit?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:45 AM
9 Second Club

I had a Vic Jr with a ZEX perimeter plate on it spraying 250 - I had talked to Dave about adding a spraybar for another stage and he said it would work great... never ended up doing it before I sold the car, but I would talk to him and see. IMO it would work good...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

You can run two stages like that.

Also you can run a Y after the regulator on your dedicated and run both systems off the dedicated fuel cell. Im not sure on other's but ours will support 800hp and would handle the two stages flawlessly. Just an idea Im not sure why you were wanting to pull off of the rail.

We have a few plates that will work including a two stage plate. Without knowing any more about your goals or car, the gemini twin works pretty dang well for most users. It comes in a 100-500hp setup adjustable in 100hp increments, or a 50-300hp in 50hp increments. Here is a link:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=579
Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
You can run two stages like that.

Also you can run a Y after the regulator on your dedicated and run both systems off the dedicated fuel cell. Im not sure on other's but ours will support 800hp and would handle the two stages flawlessly. Just an idea Im not sure why you were wanting to pull off of the rail.
The problem I see with that is you will not be able to tune one kit at a time with fuel pressure. It would be jet changes only.

Would be better if you added another regulator on the dedicated. One for each stage.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
The problem I see with that is you will not be able to tune one kit at a time with fuel pressure. It would be jet changes only.

Would be better if you added another regulator on the dedicated. One for each stage.
I agree on that. Running both of the standalone would still work better than pulling one of the rail. If he has the standalone already this is an option that doesn't really add any cost.

Again tho two regulators would work better.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have three different Intakes in the shop right now with 3 different plates.

One Wilson with burst disk, One Zex plate, and the other is getting a NOS Cross Hair. ON the larger power levels the cross Hair will probably work the best.

If you wanted to get really trick with the set up you could send in your intake and I could build you a custom solenoid bracket to tie all the solenoids and both systems into one.

Like already stated above you can use the dedicated to supply both systems but with one regulator you will loose the ability to make fine air fuel changes with regulator adjustment.

The best set up would be a dedicated with duel pumps and regulators but that may be over kill for what you want. We do build them though so just throwing that out there.

Dave
Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

I would supply the spray bar with a 150 off the rail - if you have the fuel supply, no reason not to do that - easier to tune... And then put 200 to 250 on the plate with a stand alone - that way you have a regulator to fine tune the bigger shot. That's the way I had planned to run mine if I had kept it...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
I would supply the spray bar with a 150 off the rail - if you have the fuel supply, no reason not to do that - easier to tune... And then put 200 to 250 on the plate with a stand alone - that way you have a regulator to fine tune the bigger shot. That's the way I had planned to run mine if I had kept it...
That's exactly what I was planning. If not that, then one 12-803 regulator for each stage on a standalone.