Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who runs a ms4 and spray

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default who runs a ms4 and spray

Ok I have a 99ss m6,we just put in a ms4,I love the ms4 ,but I was thinking of what to do over winter that will give me a lil more that I will be happy with while I build my other motor,I was thinking a dry kit ,with a 75,100,or 125 shot,I don't wanna kill my ls1 because I would like to sell it when I'm done with it.what are you guys running time wise,I don't go to the track but 3 or 4 times a year but would at least like to get into the 11s.what is a good kit to go with and what saftey features should I run,or should I just buy them all lol,,I have never sprayed before so I'm just looking for a lil info on what I can expect with spraying the ms4. My other plans include a fast setup,12 bolt with 4.10s,and a rebuilt t 56.thanks guys I'm not a total noob I have done a lil research I just don't wanna waste money and is it possible to get a good setup for around a grand,God bless you all,
Old 11-05-2010, 06:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Ok I have a 99ss m6,we just put in a ms4,I love the ms4 ,but I was thinking of what to do over winter that will give me a lil more that I will be happy with while I build my other motor,I was thinking a dry kit ,with a 75,100,or 125 shot,I don't wanna kill my ls1 because I would like to sell it when I'm done with it.what are you guys running time wise,I don't go to the track but 3 or 4 times a year but would at least like to get into the 11s.what is a good kit to go with and what saftey features should I run,or should I just buy them all lol,,I have never sprayed before so I'm just looking for a lil info on what I can expect with spraying the ms4. My other plans include a fast setup,12 bolt with 4.10s,and a rebuilt t 56.thanks guys I'm not a total noob I have done a lil research I just don't wanna waste money and is it possible to get a good setup for around a grand,God bless you all,
With the ms4 and the added 12 bolt, 11s will be very attainable on just motor. As far as spray goes contact Chris as Nitro Daves and he can get you heading in the right direction. If you have stock injectors you probably want to go wet system. As afar as times go, there are so many different combos it's hard to say. the range is from 11s to 9s on stock bottom end ls1s.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

11's should be easily attainable on a NA set up, as long as you can leave at a decent rpm and she hooks, should not be a prob at all. Dry kits are good, as long as you go with a good injector.Also consider a colder plug and you will have to find a way to pull timing. Research and knowledge you can never get enough...GL with whichever route you go..
Old 11-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

i wouldnt waste the money on a fast just yet. if you have a ls6 intake just do that. 1200 dollars for a tenth or less, nitrous outlet dual stage plate is a heck of a way to go. The you could leave on a small one off the clutch maybe like a 75 to keep the bog down and then another 150 10 or so feet out the gate. you should be in the 11s with enough gear and it hooks. automatic car with 3200-3600 converter/header/ls6 intake/373 12 bolt/torquearm/and welds with 325 radials runs a 7.4s-7.3s with a good tune. Also for gas find a good tuner to help you read the plugs and pull sometiming for you. But on stock timing of 28 degrees or so you will be ok with 150 wet. 26-24 for 200 and im on 20 degrees with leaving on a 150 and grabbing another 150 behind it. and thats on a heads and cam stock motor. THe ms3/4 like a higher stall speed and a pretty large gear to 60 ft like its suppose too. like a sub 1.50 60 ft. ALSO in my opinion a 12 bolt will not last with a 6 spd and clutch dumps with a sticky tire much less on nos. 9 inch 35 spline axles with a helluva good unit BUT PREFER a full spool. Man hope this helps
Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

transam150
But on stock timing of 28 degrees or so you will be ok with 150 wet.
However it may be fine for you I wouldn't recommend starting at 28 on a 150 shot. Start low, say 21 and work your way up as you read the plugs. Someone once said "too little timing never hurt a motor, it just won't run fast". While watching your plugs, watch your mph also and if it goes up as you add timing and the plugs look good you are going in the right direction, if mph stops climbing or goes backward you have gone too far.