Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 freezing water/methanol mix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few smart guys talking about this subject....
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ighlight=water
Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer5.3
What happened to Nitrous Express? They came in made one comment and have offered absolutely no technical knowledge on the subject. I would be interested on their thoughts on this from an expert/ vendors standpoint.
I am wondering why they have a methanol kit as well, but haven't linked the two together.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be very interested in hearing about Meth/H2O used with 91-94 Octane pump gas and see how much "juice" could be used.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone, Has a point of view. The hard part is figuring out who is full of _ _ _ _ who is not.

I personally have not done any testing with water/meth on a nitrous application. The reason for that is I have not tuned on a car I felt would bennifit from using it over upping the nitrous jet. On the race cars I tune on many classes do not allow dual power adders and this would fall under that rule.

This is my opinion. I don't know if I am right or wrong but here is a free shot into my mind.

On a average nitrous feed application with a average tuner I feel complicating the tune up raises the risk more than it would the results.

The thought process on using water/meth is to cool cylinder temps, aid in detonation and allow you to be more aggressive on timing. Some people want to do this so they can run pump gas instead of better fuel on bigger hp cars.

My questions is really simple. What is the formula for this tune up? What is the water/meth mixture for x hp at x timing with x octane? How long will the plugs last and perform correctly?

I feel that someone with my tuning skills or better could probably figure out the answers in this tune up formula for the motor they are tuning on, through trial and error. But being that I have tuned gas, E85 and Alcohol engines I know the plugs read differently than reading plugs with gas. Now we have mixed gas, methonal, and water into the combustion chamber... See where I am going with this?

I think the plugs would only be good for a point of reference and not be as accurate.
1. Heat range and timing mark.
2. Gas fuel ring?????? Maybe
3. Detonation spots... If you have those probably to late..

I think a wide band, data logger, and tuning the car by time slips would be very important.

I think the average person would end up eventually hurting the engine....

I honestly do not think the water would freeze from an over all environment stand point. The engine temps and the amount of time it is circulated through the engine. (15 seconds or less) Maybe if the nitrous nozzle was discharging straight onto the water /meth nozzle...

Like ATV stated above.. Promods are starting to play with adding water/meth with nitrous. It is still in the very early stage and they do not have it figured out 100 percent. A promod compared to a 400-1000 hp car is a night and day difference..

I personally would like to do some testing with this.. But time is hard to come by these days..

I hope this helped answer some questions..
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 05-23-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: N20 freezing water/methanol mix?