Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New issue

Ok i had the car out a few weeks ago spraying no issue.

just added my nano kit and got it all hooked up (wasnt much to it since i have one of the newer NX bottles with the push port)

But went to the dyno.. with the fuel jet up one from the previous was a 57/31 for the 125 had a 33 in it.

Did the first n2o pull car was lean in the 13.5+ range wot (no knock)
Run went fine no issues or anything.
Bumped the fuel jet up to get it in the usual 12.0-12.5 range i keep it.
The next 3 pulls after that it would hit and come in fine but around 5150 Rpms the car would dip lose power and the WB AFR (im loggin thru hptuners) would go to the 10.5-10.8 range then back in and be fine.

Converter was unlocked all n2o pulls/ both the fuel and n2o noid are wired together. Wiring hasnt changed in prob 8 months before no issues.

The only thing i could think of was The battery died the day before and i dont know if that messed with the NX autolearn WOT switch, but its weird the first n2o pull was fine then the last 3 had the same issue at the same RPM each time.

I redid the autolearn today but havent got to mess with it yet.

Here is the link with dyno sheet showing the dips and video where u can hear it

If u need any more info let me know ill answer as best i can

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...500-hp-g8.html
Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Don't go by the wideband, check the plugs. When the plugs look right then look at the wideband and see where it is for reference. Don't be worried about going into the low 13's with the A/F readings.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

Yea i understand where u coming from there, but still there is a issue with something kicking out with the power drop and Wb going rich it leads me to think its something on the n2o side.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Yah i gotcha, did you notice any pressure drop on those runs or anything? Did you check the nitrous solenoid? Just seems odd that it would happen when you put the bigger fuel pill in it.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03supercobra
Yah i gotcha, did you notice any pressure drop on those runs or anything? Did you check the nitrous solenoid? Just seems odd that it would happen when you put the bigger fuel pill in it.
Gauge is in the trunk- but the nano keeps the pressure from dropping- i checked the pressure after each pull didnt move at all it seemed/ havent got to do any testing with the noid yet, weather out here is **** right now. yep not alot of the whole deal is making sense

idk i did the relearn on the box and prob will replace the relay and take it out sometime soon and see what happens but any ideas on what to look at until then would be nice.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Ok took it out today i havent came across a new Relay yet( remember the n2o and fuel solenoid are wired together) Car is not acting right at all, I can feel the hit coming on and off and WB is going from 12.5-10.5. So something on the N2o side is not working correctly. When i get some some free time ill mess with it some more.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Shane, do you have an electrical (non-pill) window switch and/or fpss hooked up? If so, they're known to act up.

Otherwise, it's sounds like a wiring/electrical issue, or your nitrous solenoid may be acting up.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by shortdog
Shane, do you have an electrical (non-pill) window switch and/or fpss hooked up? If so, they're known to act up.

Otherwise, it's sounds like a wiring/electrical issue, or your nitrous solenoid may be acting up.
i have a MSD digital window switch( which from what ive heard are pretty full proof) and No FPSS hooked up.

Yea wiring hasnt changed since i did the kit, i looked over some things today and nothing looked out of place, and checked the grounds and made sure everything was tight.

I guess ill be calling NX to see about getting these solenoids replaced.