Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nx experts??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nx experts??

I just bought a nx dp kit for my car and it has nx rails and intake I'm sure it's an old kit but I've had the solonoids rebuilt. My question is on the passenger side there is a hose coming off the fuel rail leading to a resivour. Is this for when the nitrous hits so it doesn't suck the rails dry? Does the resivour consist of maybe a low pressure piston that pushes fuel up? Or maybe it might use a vacuum or siphon sort? Any experiences with this kit or information on the black resivour would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

Can you post up pics
Old 02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
Can you post up pics
i can send them to u from my phone if you will pm me your number i would really like to get some more info on this
Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a fuel accumulator. Did you buy a standard direct-port or a NXL kit? When NXL kits came out they had a bad lean-spike issue from pulling fuel from the stock rails, so NX offered a fuel accumulator to help reduce the lean spike.
Does it look like this?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Sounds like a fuel accumulator. Did you buy a standard direct-port or a NXL kit? When NXL kits came out they had a bad lean-spike issue from pulling fuel from the stock rails, so NX offered a fuel accumulator to help reduce the lean spike.
Does it look like this?
Yes it does. And my kit has nx rails also with the solonoids mounted on the side of them Is this accumulater any count or what. This may be a stupid question but is it like maybe a small insufficient stand alone lol? I'm worried about going lean on a 200 wet shot. I have a 383 ported heads ms3 cam 85 mm nx intake. I have a walbro 255 and am getting the red top ford injectors. On a side note do you think the red tops will be big enough with my 60lb fuel pressure I have now at idle
Old 02-06-2011, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

And also I'm not sure if it's a nxl kit or not I bought it used knowing it was an old kit and it came with nx tb intake fuel rails dp and this accumulater Is this kit worth anything or did I screw myself buying it?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99slobird
And also I'm not sure if it's a nxl kit or not I bought it used knowing it was an old kit and it came with nx tb intake fuel rails dp and this accumulater Is this kit worth anything or did I screw myself buying it?
A NXL kit doesnt use normal nozzles, they use little cups that sit under the injectors, and plastic push-to-connect hoses.
My advise is if you have a standard NX direct port then keep it, they are worth every penny, but if you have a NXL kit, sell it asap. NXL's are trouble, do a search for them, they had a tons of posts a few years ago.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea... that accumulator is a spring loaded canister that helps battle rail pressure drop.

If you need help IDing your system pm me and we can figure out what what you have going on!!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have the NXL rails with the solenoid machined to them and the accumulator.

I have alot of experience with this system.

Since the rails integrate the injectors feed and and the nitrous discharge feeed all in one rail you can not use a seperate fuel cell to deliver the fuel for the nitrous.

The accumulator was a band aid fix to maintain fuel pressure when the rails starve for fuel due to the solenoid openening and the fuel pump not being strong enough to maintain pressure.

This system is great for the guy that wants the look of a directport but does not really need it. What I mean by this is that if you have a stock or semi modded car looking to spray 150hp this system should work fine.

If you have a heavily modded car looking to spray 250-300 this system is not the best choice. One thing you may do to help would be to go to a dual intake fuel pump set up, or a big after market fuel system like a aeromotive A1000 etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with this style system if you have the under injector discharge it pulls a vacumme on the injector and if you have large after market injectors it can create a huge tunning issue due to the fact the vacumme keeps pulling the fuel from the injector.

So to sum it up. If you have a stock car and want to spray alittle bit and look really good doing so it will work fine.

If you have a highly modded car and want to make serious power this style set up may be the best set up to suite your needs.

Dave