Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nx plate kit on carbed LQ9 and doesnt work!!! any advice???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nx plate kit on carbed LQ9 and doesnt work!!! any advice???

Hi i bought a NX used plate kit at ebay and i installed it and the solenoids do click and everything seems ok to me, after filling the first bottle and trying to test it on the street i didnt see any difference in power change then i disconected the nitrous line and realized it was out of nitrous, then i went to get my bottle filled and started to try it again with no luck, then today i did the same thing disconected the nitrous line and realized i dont have nitrous any more, so the questions is do i have a nitrous leak? maybe the fuel line is bad? or maybe the bottle?? any help will be very appreciated
Old 04-17-2011, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure you have everything hooked up correct? Sounds to me like you have multiple problems. If you activated the system, and you were out of nitrous, it should have bogged down because of the extra fuel. You need to check if the system is firing when you tell it to. I would disconnect the fuel line from the plate, and put it into a coke bottle. Then activate the system to see if there is fuel. Also, are you using a WOT, FPSS, Window Switch?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

my system is activated WOT, when the bottle is full and the system is armed and when i step on it the engine losses power because fuel is being injected and nitrous isnt, then i left the truck alone for a few days and now today i disconected the nitrous line to start and check everything again and i noticed that i dont have nitrous anymore, thats why i think i have some sort of nitrous leak
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you leave your bottle open all the time? If so, start chasing a leak. If you close it when you're not using it, I would start checking the weight of the bottle after a fill. Also, what pressure are you running the bottle at?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

this is the second bottle i fill and my system doesnt work, i just open it when i try to activate the system then i close it, the last time i filled the bottle i saw thet it was full , then got home and try the system, then it didnt work and i didnt check anything and left the truck the way it was, then today staretd to check everything the bottle was closed and realize today that it had no nitrous, thats why i think that i have a leak maybe on the nitrous line or the bottle.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Well fill the bottle and watch it, if u dont see any frost building up maybe put it in a bath of water and see if any small bubbles come up like a very slight leak(but even underN20 pressure u will see frosting at the leak point) then if the bottle checks out, open the bottle hooked to the line and start tracing your main line to the noid to see if you have some frosting building up or hear anything? Then if no, check the noid on the exit side for frosting
Old 04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

oh yea, check the bottle before and after weight, maybe their just pumping in air at your fill station
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

I am going to ask a stupid question. What is the bottle pressure when you try to hit it? do you say it is empty because you can unhook the bottle and open it all the way and nothing comes out?

if the bottle is closed entire time and you are out of nitrous (i.e. bottle is empty when you open it all the way) than you have a leak on the bottle. Are you sure you are getting a full bottle to begin with?

Unhook the nitrous and fuel lines from the plate kit. Disconnect the fuel solenoid. If you have a fresh bottle. Put it in . Open it up. Turn system on. HOLD THE NITROUS LINE that goes to the plate away from motor. Click your WOT switch to have the system activate the nitrous. Nitrous should come out. If it does not than you need to replace the solenoid. Just because it clicks doesn't mean it is working properly. Sounds to me you might have a couple issues going on or you are just confused on what is going on