Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i get my dedicated fuel system first?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default should i get my dedicated fuel system first?

Need some help going to be running a direct port 150 shot got stock heads and cam already put some injectors on it and also a fuel pump wanted to know if I should wait to get the fuel system to start spraying or will I be fine till I do gather up the money and buy the nitrous outlet one there selling

Thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

You will be fine if you put a 255 in tank. The fuel system nitrous outlet is great to have to run race fuel in. I've got one and I really like it but I agree it cost a pretty penny.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 1_bad94Camaro
You will be fine if you put a 255 in tank. The fuel system nitrous outlet is great to have to run race fuel in. I've got one and I really like it but I agree it cost a pretty penny.

The dedicated has a lot of advantages over just a pump in the tank, but it certianly overkill for the shot size your on now. It would still help and be nice for tuning and safety.

The intake pump with a hotwire is in the 300$ range and a little labor to install.

The stand alone, while still a better way of doing it, is going to be in the 750-900 dollar range. It will be up to you if your car can justify it. If you want to go over the finer advantages of it, let me know sir.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet

The dedicated has a lot of advantages over just a pump in the tank, but it certianly overkill for the shot size your on now. It would still help and be nice for tuning and safety.

The intake pump with a hotwire is in the 300$ range and a little labor to install.

The stand alone, while still a better way of doing it, is going to be in the 750-900 dollar range. It will be up to you if your car can justify it. If you want to go over the finer advantages of it, let me know sir.
I agree that it's overkill on my setup. I needed mine for low pressure on my direct port. I talked to John and Dave about a year ago when I bought it. I'll give you a call to talk about all of the advantages about it to make sure I'm using it to the best of it's ability on my car.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Good talking with you Travis! Like I said let me know if you need a hand getting that spring.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

so should i wait till get the fuel system to start spraying or is it fine till then just want to spray it once or twice once for the tune and once to try it out just want to tune everything together since i just put in a cam and a converter or should i just tune the cam and wait on the nitrous till i do get the system
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

As long as you've upgraded your in tank pump your ok to spray. I've got a 99 ta in my shop that's spraying 150 with stock ls6 heads, tfs cam, fast 90/90 with 28lb injectors on a single 255 walbro. Made 510 with room to play.