Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to pull timimg???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is true. But in a case of a bolt on car with a 100 shot, unlikely. Now maybe 1/4 is different. But in the 8th my car goes 7.2s@94 with both spark tables. We were very suprised also, but even when my car was just bolt ons and spray. It was the same ET and MPH. We pulled 6 degrees. Now the car does seem a lil more rev happy with the timing back in, but MPH and ET wise....nothing.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Resistor Mod! Let the PCM pull the timing...
Old 10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is what we are doing. The car has a N2O tune in the PCM just like yours. I added the MSD twister and added timing back in for daily driving, then you can take it back ou t and run the nitrous tune. The twister also allows you to adjust the timing for bigger shots, extreme weather etc. I think the MSD or the Timing Tuner are the easiest way to go.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

I have a Microedge for controlling the nitrous and like it alot, but a Microedge wont let you change timing.

I rather use a LNC-002 or MSD Timing Twister so you can change it if your like me and change the jets around.

A Timing Tuner is junk IMO.

If your going to shoot a set shot then get your tuner to set it up in the PCM and leave it alone.

Last edited by CaMaRo67RS355; 10-27-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
This is what we are doing. The car has a N2O tune in the PCM just like yours. I added the MSD twister and added timing back in for daily driving, then you can take it back ou t and run the nitrous tune. The twister also allows you to adjust the timing for bigger shots, extreme weather etc. I think the MSD or the Timing Tuner are the easiest way to go.
I use the resistor mod to trick IAT sensor, when I arm the system, to think the IAT is 204*. In my tune I have one of the IAT timing adder tables set to pull 9* timing at 204* and at the grams of air where my nitrous is set to activate. No nitrous tune is needed. So no timing is pulled until the Temp, and grams of air parameters are met.

I'm sure all of these other timing devices use resistors on the computer board inside the device.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

when we added the timing back in for NA passes we gained a tenth and 1-2 mile an hour. The car also starts better and drives much better on the street.

The resistor mod is fine but what about adjustment for changing set ups etc. The MSD and the other units don't use IAT's for adjustment, they use the cam and crank signals to modify the timing.

You really need to check your plugs and adjust by what they look like. Just pulling a fixed amount of timing may or may not be correct. This is espically true on highly modified motors. You need to tune to weather conditions, size of shot, type of fuel etc.

Last edited by 1lejohn; 10-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have experience with all the different methods and devices.

On our race car we use the EFI live custom operating system. Its an awesome program to use with any nitrous application.

On my wifes 2010 camaro and most installs we do we use the Lingenfelter controller.
The lingenfelter is by far the best device on the market for pulling timing.

It can remove up to 15 degrees of timing with no tuning software needed.

It is the only unit that has a 5 volt reference wire where you can use a volt meter or tuning software to varify it is removing timing.

The install is so easy its not even funny. It plugs embetween the main coil pack connectors. Then it has one wite that goes to the system relay. Use the supplied velcro adhesive strips to attach on strut tower and your done.

As a alittle bonus the unit has a built in two step and with just running a few more wires you can have a two step on the car as well at no extra cost.

Why would you not use the lingenfelter?

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

That's how I run it.

So simple a caveman could do it (Wiring your TPS/clutch switch took much, much longer than the LNC...stoopid 5th gen clutch wiring )

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
...As a alittle bonus the unit has a built in two step and with just running a few more wires you can have a two step on the car as well at no extra cost...
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is the only unit that has a 5 volt reference wire where you can use a volt meter or tuning software to varify it is removing timing.

Thanks for the info. I like that feature. With all the others your trusting that the unit is working.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who sells the lnc-2000 at a good price?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 AM
On The Tree

Lingenfelter themselves, and Nitrous Outlet seem to be the only people that carry it as far as I can tell.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
who sells the lnc-2000 at a good price?
No matter where you look it will be priced the same. The question is who can provide you with great technical support when you need it.

Here is a link to it on our website.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3467

Dave

Quick Reply: Best way to pull timimg???