Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went a little faster today, vidoes included!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012 | 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carter01
Thanks Charles.

Well right now as far as tech goes in a F-body with cam only plus nitrous with stock bottom end I am the fastest (i have an ls6 intake which didn't come on my car but is a stock piece had my car been an 01-02). Cam is the fastest cam only, plus intake, plus nitrous stock bottom end f-body. I really don't think i will be able to pass Cam without an intake and less weight. I am also blowing through my converter a bit so that's not helping either. Cam has been a big help in my learning curve so if he's the one keeping me from taking the spot then that's ok with me
Altho this may sound very silly and maybe even going in the opposite direction with this , but if you went back to a stock LS1 intake, then you would probally no doubt be the fastest with camed/nitroused F body..I just so happen to have a stock LS1 intake laying around in my garage if you want it lol.I'm sure you would'nt want to go back to fighting to get into the 9's tho just cause of an intake change , so pay me lil mind lol. Not to steal your thread or nothing but thought I'd give you an update on my car. I finally got my hands on a Moser 12 bolt and it had 3.90 gears aswell as the rest of the awesome Moser stuff those 12 bolts come with , picked that up along with a steel driveshaft (aftermarket unsure of brand) for only 1,400!! I slaped those bad boys in and was hoping for a definate 10.9 or faster but it still did'nt happen for me. Ended up running 11.1 @120 7.1 @ 98mph and cut a 1.57 60ft. I ran that @ full weight, no seats/carpet/ A/C or heater or even floor mats where removed since I just refuse to remove any weight that takes away from it being a real DD street car since it is in fact my DD. I ordered a set of LT headers and ORY to replace my Mac mid tubes and Mac high flow cats and I'ma add a couple more lbs of boost( and retune) to get me around the 560 RWHP mark. I'm also adding a rear drag swaybar such as that from UMI or Sphoon (undecided wich brand I want) as well as FINALLY getting the TQ arm relocation bracket/mount. That poor 4L60E talishaft has been putting up with my 1.5 and 1.6 short times long enough lol. Also about to get my hands on some weld prostars (as long as the deal happens) and adding some QA1 DA coilovers..all that stuff "should" get me atleast a 10.8 or 10.7 (I have said that before tho and it did'nt work out). I'm not looking to go for a record like that of what you seem to be trying for, but I would just like ppl to say "damn, that mid 10 sec car is his DD!" is that too much to ask? lol take care man and thanks for all the advice you have given me!

Here's a vid of one of my low low 11 sec runs with a 1.5 60ft. Tell me what you think as far as the launching of the car and just give me some more of that 9 second club advice I know you got if you have any to spare lol.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUErhg3QwTk

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 01-15-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: i messed up...duh
Old 01-11-2012 | 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

Nice run Charles, good luck on the new mods!!! I'm sure those additions will get you in the 10sec club!
Old 01-12-2012 | 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Man the 21st isn't looking too good for -DA either. Looks like low 70's again. But I will still run my car probably. Got the other rear in, adding chris1313, and maybe change the exhaust. Need to get the window switch and WOT switch hooked up too.
Old 01-14-2012 | 01:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostednismo
Man the 21st isn't looking too good for -DA either. Looks like low 70's again. But I will still run my car probably. Got the other rear in, adding chris1313, and maybe change the exhaust. Need to get the window switch and WOT switch hooked up too.
Yeah the weather is not looking to good. I guess my chase for the 50s will have to wait. Let me know if you go run and I will come over and help you get her tuned in on the spray.
Old 01-14-2012 | 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Need to work on the shift points a little Iluvchevy. Shifting into 4th is killing your e.t. and mph.

Carter great work as always, when we going to see the 5.90 run?
Old 01-14-2012 | 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Need to work on the shift points a little Iluvchevy. Shifting into 4th is killing your e.t. and mph.

Carter great work as always, when we going to see the 5.90 run?
Funny that you say that Fbody, I have been thinking about working on a setup to run into the 5s at least once. Cam went 5.95 last year with an 1/8 mile tune-up. Honestly I'm not sure how aggressive i can go on an 1/8 tune-up because all I've ever written has been 1/4 mile stuff. I might start working on something this week....