Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im thinkin 200 shot

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
that monster should have held that power no problem. do you have an adjustable master? is it adjusted right? sure it wasnt wheel spin? we have had a level 4 hold over 800ftlbs on the dyno. and monster rates their clutches at the tires not flywheel. did you break the clutch in properly?
Didnt know they rated them like that. But it does have a tick master and it wasnt spinning. The only thing i can think of is it may have not had enough heat in it. I hauled it to the dyno so it was completly cold. He pulled it in made 1 pull on motor and then sprayed to the 2nd pull. Would this cause it to slip?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tittan1500
Why do you care so much? Granted I have a interface to pull timing, but every race I do street and Strip ( allot) is on the spray, thats why I must be stupid to have a nitrous cam. I am giving up power NA for power on Spray, its the same thing..

But anyway, I would suggest a timing controller or IAT but its not required.
its not the same. you cant make cam changes instantly for 5 dollars. to the OP if your getting a controller box just ignor my posts.

its just retarded to me not to have it worked out that you have ideal timing for both states. there is just the right way to do things, I can understand if you dont have the money but its just lazy..its so easy and common sense to do it. that's hotrodding..anyone can buy parts u know ?!!?

Last edited by disc0monkey; 12-12-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 PM

Talking

Ran 200 shot on a stock LT1 (other than cam and rockers) with 33 degrees of timing. Went 11.25 @ 121mph. Seamed to like it, blew her next pass though, put new bottle in and the heater got a little away from me. 1250lbs. bottle pressure, i think it just forced more nitrous through too quick and pre-ignited.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
its not the same. you cant make cam changes instantly for 5 dollars. to the OP if your getting a controller box just ignor my posts.

its just retarded to me not to have it worked out that you have ideal timing for both states. there is just the right way to do things, I can understand if you dont have the money but its just lazy..its so easy and common sense to do it. that's hotrodding..anyone can buy parts u know ?!!?
Ok i get that u have a hard on for the resistor mod but youve def got some issues if your getting this upset over this post. Like i said earlier it dont seem to run any different but im gonna test it out at the track and see how it does. If im not happy with ill get a timing retard.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

no hard on, not upset, just doesn't make sense to me

its not my ride, do what you want
Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

I ended up having 9* of timing removed for my 150 shot because I told my tuner I want to be safe to run a 200 shot in the future.

People are saying if you take out timing it will run like **** on motor. I am not sure how true that is. I only lost 1mph at the track with all that timing taken out, and to honest I havent really noticed a difference in how it runs on the street's. Im running 21* with my ms3 cam.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by disc0monkey

I'm not gonna get in a internet pissing contest with you over this, cause it makes you look like a idiot an me look just as ignorant.
From the second the nitrous was installed on this car it went from being a N/A car to a nitrous car, therefore everything done from then on out has and will be done to gain on spray not N/A. Anytime this car will be ran seriously the bottle will be on, an he has enough bottles to keep it fed at anytime. Running without it would be like going out an looking for a good time an leaving your tool at home.
The car only lost 12 hp between the nitrous tune an the N/A tune so the N/A tune wasn't hurt enough to worry about. The car has more than enough power to get out of its own way in traffic.
He came on here to ask for advice and opinions what he should do with his car, and while I'm sure he appreciates your opinion, its just that, your opinion. You have your opinions, I have my opinions, and he has his, but at the end of the day he owns the car and his opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to this car.
There is no reason to go off into a tangent about how someone is being wrong, lazy, or retarted just because they didn't take your advice on a car that you'll probably never lay eyes on. Thats not hotrodding. You do your car the way you want, we'll do our cars the way we think is best. That my friend is hotrodding.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

hmmm thumper67? I think I know that name. Same guy as on the Corral? Very well respected on there and one hell of a head porter.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thumper67
I'm not gonna get in a internet pissing contest with you over this, cause it makes you look like a idiot an me look just as ignorant.
From the second the nitrous was installed on this car it went from being a N/A car to a nitrous car, therefore everything done from then on out has and will be done to gain on spray not N/A. Anytime this car will be ran seriously the bottle will be on, an he has enough bottles to keep it fed at anytime. Running without it would be like going out an looking for a good time an leaving your tool at home.
The car only lost 12 hp between the nitrous tune an the N/A tune so the N/A tune wasn't hurt enough to worry about. The car has more than enough power to get out of its own way in traffic.
He came on here to ask for advice and opinions what he should do with his car, and while I'm sure he appreciates your opinion, its just that, your opinion. You have your opinions, I have my opinions, and he has his, but at the end of the day he owns the car and his opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to this car.
There is no reason to go off into a tangent about how someone is being wrong, lazy, or retarted just because they didn't take your advice on a car that you'll probably never lay eyes on. Thats not hotrodding. You do your car the way you want, we'll do our cars the way we think is best. That my friend is hotrodding.
I only lost 12rwhp from a agressive N/A tune to a Safe Nitrous tune for up to a 200 shot as well. Im not crying about it. The car lost 1mph at the track. Big whoop. I dont get why some people complain about it.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
I only lost 12rwhp from a agressive N/A tune to a Safe Nitrous tune for up to a 200 shot as well. Im not crying about it. The car lost 1mph at the track. Big whoop. I dont get why some people complain about it.
Hey man thanks for the comment. You help prove my point that theres not enough power loss with a nitrous tune to worry about at the level we're running. Im at 22 degrees and it runs great.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

OP: The same guy that tuned your car tuned mine... I trust him. My car is faster NA than the dip ***** that are giving you greef, also says a little something.

If at any time you want to have all the NA power back buy HP tunes and just switch the tunes before running the nitrous. RPM knows what they're doing and pulling the timing as you've done is the right way. There's allot of guys that do it that way, I'll be doing it that way as well.

I don't trust the timing pullers, I sure as hell don't trust a $5 resistor.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KC&97TA
OP: The same guy that tuned your car tuned mine... I trust him. My car is faster NA than the dip ***** that are giving you greef, also says a little something.

If at any time you want to have all the NA power back buy HP tunes and just switch the tunes before running the nitrous. RPM knows what they're doing and pulling the timing as you've done is the right way. There's allot of guys that do it that way, I'll be doing it that way as well.

Them boys at RPM def do good work im real happy with my car. My local 1/8 mile track is open on new years. If the weather is nice im gonna get down there and see what happens on the 150 shot! Ill post some times but im hoping for some 6.90s at 102.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KC&97TA
This is a funny comment. If you don't trust THE most reliable component in electronics how do you trust a fuel solenoid?

Having hptuners is obviously a good option
Old 12-18-2011, 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hp Tuners, Resistor Mod, Timing Tuner, etc. etc. more than 9 ways to skin a cat
Old 12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

I missed where he said he was getting it done at RPM. Great dudes and Ryan Robinson is a hell of a tuner. I used to have my car tuned there before I moved out of state.

I don't know if they still hold it, but there's a reason that shop held the record for so long for a nitrous based LS car. 8.11 I believe.

I think they also put a full weight (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Trailblazer SS into the 8s (on spray) with all four seats (four kirkeys, lol).
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

I made it to the track yesterday. Ran a few na passes only lost 1 mph on the nitrous tune. Best nitrous pass was a 6.90@101 w/1.52 60ft. The car did really well on the 150 im happy with it. Im sure ill have the 200 in there before its over with.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

son you better change the times in you sig now. It was definately runnin good!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Congrats on the new best. I run with the "nitrous tune" in at all times. And like yourself, we lost a few hp on motor. But its ok. If people are worried about the resistor mod , than why not change plugs out to a more "na" plug. I run br8's gapped to a .028, and 8 degrees pulled. Runs pretty good around town and on motor it still runs low 12's high 11's in the 1/4 on motor.

Congrats again
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Jes it ran well. Sunday was great

Quick Reply: Im thinkin 200 shot