Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you see it.... Oh Wait... YES.. YOU CAN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

8 seconds on a 250 shot?? I dont know where you got your math from... but my car is a fat bitch...maybe mid to low 9's on a 250...LOL

but my goal it to dip into the 8's
Old 01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
8 seconds on a 250 shot?? I dont know where you got your math from... but my car is a fat bitch...maybe mid to low 9's on a 250...LOL

but my goal it to dip into the 8's

Oh hell I thought it had gone on a bit of a diet.

Should still be a strong ride. Biggest unknown in the combo is the trans. I havn't seen anyone else with the TCI 6X on big n20.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

you must not have looked very hard...I found one pretty easy.LOL
+1 i get them quite often.. Hell i got a blue one and a black one lol
Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by n20kid
I think you missed the part where we were talking about the Scorpion TB....not the Accufab...
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thought the scorpions only came in blue.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by thedudeZ
Oh hell I thought it had gone on a bit of a diet.

Should still be a strong ride. Biggest unknown in the combo is the trans. I havn't seen anyone else with the TCI 6X on big n20.
the car has gone on a small diet...nothing major...
I just made the bitch stop eating so many dam potato chips..LOL

but seriously...
I have removed some stuff..., but I've also added back in 2 bottles and a heavy aluminum intake and a bunch of nitrous plumbing...and theres a 10pt cage going in soon(tubing is bought...just have to come up with the install money)

I'm serously trying to figure out if theres even anywhere I can lose weight and still look nice...probably trade out the seats for a kirkey, keep the passenger seat around for when women ride along...

I did lose the HVAC stuff...COMPLETELY!!!...No AC, No Compressor, No Condenser, no stock heater box, no stock ducting..
but I added back in a Flex-a-lite Mojave heater to take the chill off when its cold.

Here you can see the Mojave heater mounted center dash basically behind the console section...
you can also see me HVAC Delet plate provided by AEI CNC (www.aeicnc.com)
and I mounted a few things to it as well...5-fuse/5-relay box from wired wagon,and some buss bar strips to make multiple point connections easier

and again... dont mind the mess.... when I'm done you wont even know that wires even exist in this car..LOL
these pictures were a few weeks ago while I was still waiting on the intake to come back from Nitrous outlet(which by the way...took too dam long if anybody wants to know....over a month from the time they got it till the time it shipped back to me)

I will be losing the ABS Block and be going to a simple lightweight valve with a line lock.

and when I traded out the T-tops out to a Carbon Fiber Targa..it lost quite a bit of weight...

I actually have a feeling my car is lighter than I think it is...thankfully, there are scales right down the street practically, so I'll go find out when I'm all done and ready.

I need to buy some light weight race rims and some slicks yet too...

Lots of stuff to do yet..LOL

and as far as the 6x being able to handle it....it will not be a problem...
they warranty it to 850 RWHP, and they have guys using the standard version with 1200HP Twin Turbo setups with no issues...
and I did the upgraded one, Billet input shaft, billet clutch hub...some other internal things....
the TCI 6x will not have issues handling the power...

Last edited by soundengineer; 01-27-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by n20kid
I think you missed the part where we were talking about the Scorpion TB....not the Accufab...
Thought the scorpions only came in blue.
Correct.. scorpion only comes in blue....
I'm not even sure that n20kid even knows what the scorpion TB is or what a huge difference it is between it and the Accufab/FAST TB.

I had to Custom Make my 1" Carb Spacer for the Scorpion TB....nothing exists for it...not even thru scorpion race products(the company who makes the TB)
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks good man. Spring in TN/BG is going to be sick with everyone's builds coming together. Can't wait to see this thing!

Maybe shed some weight with a fiberglass or C/F hatch and lexan? I don't remember what you're wanting to do as far as class exactly but that's about all I can think of for you
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Correct.. scorpion only comes in blue....
I'm not even sure that n20kid even knows what the scorpion TB is or what a huge difference it is between it and the Accufab/FAST TB.

I had to Custom Make my 1" Carb Spacer for the Scorpion TB....nothing exists for it...not even thru scorpion race products(the company who makes the TB)
N20kid has posted up a bunch reguarding the scorpion throttle bodies along with dyno results. Some on the bullet have questioned the 2000cfm claims from 2in throttle blades.

I know they have a 2in blades vs the 1.75 blades on the accufab. Kinda don't know how much better the 2in could be over the 1.75 being as the 1.75's fit the 4150 flange exactly. Would like to look down the scorpion with throttle open to see the fitment difference.

I could only find a 1/2" spacer...

I did a flex-a-lite heater box too. Still have to do a bit of wiring when another bracket comes in.

Everything looks great I'm sure it will clean up when you get it all back together.

I think its just engraved in your brain that the car is still a fat ****. The heavy portions of the car are really the iron block and the trans. Not sure what you kept for sound system.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 PM
8 Second Club

N20kid has posted up a bunch reguarding the scorpion throttle bodies along with dyno results. Some on the bullet have questioned the 2000cfm claims from 2in throttle blades.

I know they have a 2in blades vs the 1.75 blades on the accufab. Kinda don't know how much better the 2in could be over the 1.75 being as the 1.75's fit the 4150 flange exactly. Would like to look down the scorpion with throttle open to see the fitment difference.

I could only find a 1/2" spacer...

I did a flex-a-lite heater box too. Still have to do a bit of wiring when another bracket comes in.

Everything looks great I'm sure it will clean up when you get it all back together.

I think its just engraved in your brain that the car is still a fat ****. The heavy portions of the car are really the iron block and the trans. Not sure what you kept for sound system.

a stereo... whats that?.. oh wait.. that was that thing I used when the car was quiet...back when I was still on the 346...LOL
yeah.. I got rid of the speakers in the rear and the sail panel...and the head unit is gone....
might add a quick connector and a cheapy amp with an ipod cable on it... just something I can throw in the car on longer trips.. I know I can get the 2 door speakers loud enough with a decent size removable amp...
Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I still have my heavy stock stereo and 2 door speakers. Might spend a little on some decent sounding door speakers that aren't blown out.

Told you your **** won't be that heavy. Unless you have a few dead hookers under those nitrous bottles.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
8 Second Club

I still have my heavy stock stereo and 2 door speakers. Might spend a little on some decent sounding door speakers that aren't blown out.

Told you your **** won't be that heavy. Unless you have a few dead hookers under those nitrous bottles.
I was 3795 on the Bowling green beech bend raceway scales last summer...
I just dont think I've lost all that much weight and I've put some back in as well with the nitrous stuff, cast intake, and a 10pt cage going in

I'll definitely find out for certain here soon, its almost time to drive down to the cat scales at the truck stop.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Staging Lane

That Intake is like a work of art, Love it!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Clean setup nice job
Old 01-27-2012, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scott,
The car is looking good. I like the idea of the bigger throttle blades with the Scorpion VS the ones with the Accufab but I just cant get past the blue color. It would not match anything on my Orange car.

Dave
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Scott,
The car is looking good. I like the idea of the bigger throttle blades with the Scorpion VS the ones with the Accufab but I just cant get past the blue color. It would not match anything on my Orange car.

Dave
Thanks Dave... the Intake looks great...you guys did great on the plumbing..

and as far as that scorpion TB goes....
pull it apart and send it off to be re-anodized to a new color or chrome plated or something..LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea thats what I would have to do. I am thinking about it. I need to check and see what the wilson throttle body was. Chris got one for his car and its a sexy part.

I do have bigger fish to fry though. Our car is in a thousand pieces doing a chassis change and our first race is in two months.lol

Dave
Old 01-29-2012, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Soundengineer- That setup looks great man! do you go to beech bend a lot? Thats usually where I go to run, im also about an hour from beech bend. Maybe ill get to see the car in person one day. Looks killer....
Old 01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by green96ta
Soundengineer- That setup looks great man! do you go to beech bend a lot? Thats usually where I go to run, im also about an hour from beech bend. Maybe ill get to see the car in person one day. Looks killer....
yeah... I usually only go to Beech bend...a few times a year at most...work usually gets in the way... my busy season is basically from february to november...last year I was out on the road for work, 297 days... year before I was out on the road 317 days
this year has started a little slower...but its always busy during track season...

Quick Reply: Can you see it.... Oh Wait... YES.. YOU CAN!!!