Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you see it.... Oh Wait... YES.. YOU CAN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Can you see it.... Oh Wait... YES.. YOU CAN!!!

I just had an intake Plumbed by Nitrous Outlet....
I had a lot of work to do on the car at the same time...
thought I would show off where I'm at currently...

and I saw another thread of somebody trying to hide their Nitrous Stuff...so I thought I could have some fun with the title or the post...

and before I get into this....I have not had a chance to do any testing with this yet...I live in Tennessee, and the weather is nasty, cold, and no tracks nearby are open till mid march..LOL

The Story Behind all of this...

I bought an intake and throttle body
I had drilled and tapped for a set of 90* nozzles per the recommendation of Nitrous Outlet...powder coated the intake(myself) and put the nozzles in...started to bend lines myself, and just wasnt happy with my results... it was only looking ok, and taking too long...so I gave up and sent it into Nitrous Outlet to get something that looked way sexier than what I was going to be able to do by myself.

Upon receiving my intake, they called me to discuss lines and routing..
at that point they realized that I had been talking about a 2 stage dry setup capable of doing a 500 shot(and yes that is the goal and the car and the motor have been built to handle it)...and had realized they had sold me the wrong nozzles... somewhere in the communication things got mixed up and they didnt understand what I was doing originally...not a big deal..swapped me for the correct nozzles that I needed to have...
and after some discussing, we came up with a plan of what to do to make this thing awesome...

they sent off my intake to a welder to put in nozzle bungs and seal up my existing holes...
the welder had to grind off the powder coat to be able to do the welding...so I had to recoat the intake once I got it back.....but I know what I'm doing, so its not an issue..LOL

I wanted the Feed and the Purge to be on the rear of the intake...

100% of All of my Engine and Nitrous Controls are done thru the Holley Dominator ECU

Super Victor / 4150 / Dual Stage Dry Nitrous Direct Port
Blow thru Nozzles / Dual Nitrous Rails
Nitrous Outlet Victor Series Solenoid Bracket

and FYI...
This is a Daily Driver car for me(when the weather is decent...meaning no snow or ice)

The Re-Coat....

Bottom Row of Switches Left to Right: Master Nitrous Enable, Purge, Stage 1 enable, Stage 2 enable, Bottle Heater Enable, and the **** is for my "Mojave" Heater so I can keep warm when its cold outside..
Gauges: Trans Temperature, Fuel Pressure, NGK AFX AFR Wideband, Nitrous Pressure
There is a Holley 0-1600 Pressure sensor on my bottles, and the Holley turns on or off the bottle heaters based on the pressure values I specify...
top row of switches are: Fog lights, internal Data logging switch, manual shift mode on the TCI 6x, and 2nd calibration of trans parameters(which I call my granny mode as I've made it shift softer and differently for when a cute girl is in the passenger seat..)

Please dont mind the mess...I still have some things to do inside the car, and I wasnt completely done with the engine bay when I took these pictures...LOL

Last edited by soundengineer; 01-27-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did u make the dash piece? Where the speedo and tach is
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
8 Second Club

Yes.. I designed it in CAD, and sent it to my Buddy Robert Ette over at aeicnc.com to cut it out for me

two 5" gauges, and three 2-1/16 gauges...plus the LED window that is a gear gauge from PCS that talks with my TCI 6x Controller and shows me what gear I am in...P/N/R/D in Auto Mode, P/N/R/1/2/3/4/5/6 in Manual Mode

and in my cluster you can see...
Speedo and Tach
Oil Pressure, Fuel Level, and Water Temp.
plus the PCS Gauge
Turn Signals, a Warning Light, and a High Beams Light
Old 01-21-2012, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

Looking good man! Can't wait to see some track times posted from this combo.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
8 Second Club

and by the way...
Changing out Jets... is a process...it is no longer a 5 minute job..LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Nice setup! I like how you cut and ran the weather stripping on the rear cowl.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:50 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03supercobra
Nice setup! I like how you cut and ran the weather stripping on the rear cowl.

Theres actually a Metal Edge there...aluminum Angle Iron...notched on one edge so it would curve and then I used Rivets to attach it...
a little Silicone RTV to seal it up and then the weather strip for looks

I already try not to drive the car in the rain because the passenger side window leaks pretty bad... I actuallyl removed my t-tops and put on a Carbon Fiber Targa From 6 Liter Eater...and the leaks I had at the t-top seals got better...still not completely sealed up, but atleast now its just a drip instead of a waterfall...

the metal edge I made is my "drip edge".... that way I can park it outside without fear of getting a bunch of water into the engine bay.
I still have to fabricate an extension to my hood to seal it up, but that wont be too hard...its just building a form and doing some fiberglass...
I had to lose the wipers for the intake anyways...but I was already avoiding "weather" before.. so I wont treat it much different..LOL
a little rain-x on teh window just incase I get caught out in some rain...just enough to make it home safely..LOL

Here is a picture so you can see the metal edge and how much of the Cowl is gone....
I'm still working on how I want to do the second part of the edge so that the water can run off the outsides...its just more bending and more work that I havent gotten to yet...

Old 01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good. I if I didn't mind people knowing I had nitrous I would make mouth them nice as well
Old 01-22-2012, 01:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a slick set-up.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 AM
10 Second Club

Nice looking. I had a direct port once. Changing jets was a pain but it hit extremely hard and didn't burn up pistons or backfire. Did you port the intake yourself?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you going to run the breathers down to the collectors?

Looks nice man good work.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by thedudeZ
Are you going to run the breathers down to the collectors?

Looks nice man good work.
technically those arent breathers...they are oil separators...
and yes.. its for a Header crankcase evac system that is going on the car for now, with the plans of a swap to a vacuum pump later this year when money permits..
Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Only reason I didn't go that route was concerned about if any kind of muffler or exhaust pipe bends/back pressure could cause them not to work correctly.

Going to take the car out west or down south to get some track times?
Old 01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like a great set up you got there, and another fine job by NO!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
8 Second Club

Only reason I didn't go that route was concerned about if any kind of muffler or exhaust pipe bends/back pressure could cause them not to work correctly.

Going to take the car out west or down south to get some track times?

it cant cause them to not work...any amount of airflow that is more than the tube connected.. will create a vacuum..its just simple physics...
even with a restrictive exhaust...as long as it can flow more than the hose connected to your crankcase...it will pull vacuum..

and I'll probably just up to bowling green when I have time off after the weather gets nice..its only about an hour drive from nashville..
Old 01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Post up when you go.

When I previously said I would pay to see you spray it down with 500, it wasn't because I wanted it to blow up. I really want to see it
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
8 Second Club

Post up when you go.

When I previously said I would pay to see you spray it down with 500, it wasn't because I wanted it to blow up. I really want to see it
being a dry shot, its gonna take a few times to get there...
need to start off with getting the starting 250 shot to work right first...
shouldnt be too big of a deal to get there...just gonna take time, quite a few bottles, and a lot of spark plugs.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Should be an 8second ride on a 250 hit.

I'm either going to run a velocity stack up in the cowl area or just open throttle body. If I do an elbow will most likely do a large cone style filter in front of the radiator or down to one of the bumper holes. Only thing that shyed me away from the extreme velocity elbow was the cost in it. I was havn't a hard time finding the scorpion throttle body in stock so I went with the accufab.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 PM
8 Second Club

Should be an 8second ride on a 250 hit.

I'm either going to run a velocity stack up in the cowl area or just open throttle body. If I do an elbow will most likely do a large cone style filter in front of the radiator or down to one of the bumper holes. Only thing that shyed me away from the extreme velocity elbow was the cost in it. I was havn't a hard time finding the scorpion throttle body in stock so I went with the accufab.
you must not have looked very hard...I found one pretty easy.LOL

and the extreme velocity carb hat is well worth its price..it has shown the best results of all the elbows out there...
Old 01-22-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

few places I checked were out of stock. It would prolly be a waste of throttle body on my small motor.

Either way yours all looks nice. Hope to see it go fast.

Quick Reply: Can you see it.... Oh Wait... YES.. YOU CAN!!!