Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW TO: Make a Timing Retard Box for a Nitrous Oxide system...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Yep I use a relay and ground relay pins 30 and 85, and run relay pin 87 to pin R53 on the ECM, with pin 86 on the relay routing to the arm switch. (see relay #6 in diagram below)

150 shot so 6 degrees of timing is pulled.

Can you please help me figure out where the WOT switch would be wired in @? I think it would be wired in @ relay #6 correct? If so what pin on the relay would one of the wires go from the WOT switch? The lower wire from WOT switch goes to pin 86 on relay #2 correct?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Camar01le
Can you please help me figure out where the WOT switch would be wired in @? I think it would be wired in @ relay #6 correct? If so what pin on the relay would one of the wires go from the WOT switch? The lower wire from WOT switch goes to pin 86 on relay #2 correct?
With the NOS mini, you don't need a wot switch. Are you saying you want your system to use a WOT switch and pull timing using the traction control? So basically set it up how I have but using the WOT switch instead of the NOS mini? I don't recommend doing that but I suppose it would look something like the image above. I'd run this by the guys at Nitrous Outlet before actually wiring it like this.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 03-28-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:45 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

With the NOS mini, you don't need a wot switch. Are you saying you want your system to use a WOT switch and pull timing using the traction control? So basically set it up how I have but using the WOT switch instead of the NOS mini? I don't recommend doing that but I suppose it would look something like the image above. I'd run this by the guys at Nitrous Outlet before actually wiring it like this.
Wow thanks for the quick response. Yes I was not planning on using the NOS mini. I will get with Nitrous Outlet and see what they think. Again thank you for your help!!
Old 03-29-2019, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

I'm using Innovate motorsports PSN-1 for my window switch and other features instead of the NOS mini.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Make a Timing Retard Box for a Nitrous Oxide system...