Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new best stock internal spray

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsZ28
How can you claim stock internal engine with custom cam and LS6 heads? Wouldn't it be considered cam-only with spray.
Not even cam-only if it has LS6 heads.

It would be H/C/I, but it does have stock "internals" as internals refers to rods/pistons/crank.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car runs fine on the 9s, i usually run it on the street with tr55 or tr 6 fist motor pass was made on used tr55. lol
Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
car runs fine on the 9s, i usually run it on the street with tr55 or tr 6 fist motor pass was made on used tr55. lol
I do the same.

I run TR55's on the street and drive to the track on the 55's and swap out for colder plugs in the pits.

It runs close to the same on a 7 and with 8's in cylinders 7 and 8 as it does on TR55's.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Why the **** would saying I don't like nos have anything to do with newb status.........like I said

For christ sakes I just wanted to give the guy props for doin a good job on his car.
Because generally speaking only noobs refer to n20 as nos cuz they dont know the difference
Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

impressive for sure!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

im jealous!!!!!! I'm just hoping my 408 will go that fast on a 200!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
its a stock motor with like 60,000 miles on it out of a old camaro, its stock, i have stock untouched ls6 heads on it. no porting, nothing, and a set of 5 year old used free valve springs stock valves, custom cam and a dual roller timming chain. edlebrock (sp) old style carb intake home ported and an accufab t body, basic nx plate with nitro dave noids and purge and custom made feed lines. electric water pump. neal chance th400 and custom converter (converter was done for the old race motor and power glide so im sure im loosing a bit from that as my old motor made over 1000 hp. lol
3.73 gears, spool, 3350 race weight ( i put on a few pounds. lol)

thats about it. car is super basic and im into the motor for $300-$400 bucks at most plus fuel and oil. lol
motor has a pile of passes on it and about 1000 miles of street use since i put it in my car.

thats about it. the suspention is all done but its all old school stuff from when i did the car 5 or 6 years ago maybe longer. nothing fancy, basic qa1 single adjustable shocks, bmr tq arm and sub frames (the round ones people say wont hold any power they have been in the car since it was new in 99 and never touched them again. lol)

thats about it.
Ok seriously, enough b/s. How are you're getting this stuff for stupid cheap and how can I join
Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 PM
8 second mod

i got a hole motor with every thing on it for 1200 bucks i sold everything and made money on it. got a cam done and a new timming chain. thats it. im into the motor for next to nothing. oh and head gaskets. then i found another block for 400 and i bought that so i have a spare short block. lol
Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

how much timing? and 9's for a 200... guess im crazy to use 7's. maybe i should return them and go with 8's, you have me wondering. im going to step up from 150 to 200 at some point, i've been using the hated/ advised against tr6's for years with no problems so i thought a non-projected 7 with 3* more timing pulled would suffice. im on a ls6 head..

i monitor/change plugs frequently, if that matters.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how often you change them has nothing to do with the heat range. I have no idea why guys like running a hot range or think it makes them cooler. If you can tune a car will run on 11's without an issue. the "cold" plugs don't idle is BS. If you need a cold plug on the kit run it.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I run a NGK-7. The R5671A-7 Stock # 4091. Would I do better on the plug you guys are talking about? I run a stock bottom 5.3 with stock heads, twin turbo's, e85, no intercooler, and meth injection. Adding a 50-75 nitrous hit this weekend to help spool up the turbo's. I was just going to change to the same plug in a -8. I also run the gap at .025 but am still learning. Car has gone 118mph in the 1/8th at 4000lbs but is super slow off the line. The car breaks up a little at part throttle driving around town but is fine at WOT. Every once in a while it breaks up a little on the top end but the mph is still there.

BTW. Absolutely bad *** what your car has done. I am only into mine for $583 and never dreamed I would get it to run 118 in the 1/8th.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
how often you change them has nothing to do with the heat range. I have no idea why guys like running a hot range or think it makes them cooler. If you can tune a car will run on 11's without an issue. the "cold" plugs don't idle is BS. If you need a cold plug on the kit run it.
i seem to run into a lot of attitude from any of the "fast" guys when you ask a question. thanks i get that no matter how much you change them the range doesn't matter, it was to say that i monitor them during tuning and racing for signs of detonation/timing mark/color. i don't know what the **** you are ranting about, i was just asking how much timing noyzee ran on a 200 shot and if im crazy for running 7's while he is running 9's. hotter plugs make me cooler? whatever man thanks for the help.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

IIRC- noyzee runs a decent amount of timing. i think what they're trying to say its a ticking time bomb or there is more of a chance to burn down a motor on 7's rather than 8,9,10's etc. the cooler plug gives you more window of error, however i suppose getting the car to idle seems to be a problem on motor w/ colder plugs. I on the other hand have not had much trouble w/ my car idling on 10's on motor w/ 28 - 30 deg timing, but im a CARB'D application so who knows.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone
IIRC- noyzee runs a decent amount of timing. i think what they're trying to say its a ticking time bomb or there is more of a chance to burn down a motor on 7's rather than 8,9,10's etc. the cooler plug gives you more window of error, however i suppose getting the car to idle seems to be a problem on motor w/ colder plugs. I on the other hand have not had much trouble w/ my car idling on 10's on motor w/ 28 - 30 deg timing, but im a CARB'D application so who knows.

thank you. wot right now im running 24* of timing w/ a 150 shot, tr6, ls6 heads, 11.6 a/f . i was told that 24* is A LOT of timing on that head, so i wanted to see what noyzee runs w/ the same heads

i was going start at 21* on a 200 and see where the timing mark on the plugs was, and im going to keep these 7's for the 150 shot and get some 8's for the 200.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:48 AM
10 Second Club

If you don't at least tow the car back or read them on the return road you will never know what is going on in your engine. It will read rich when it really may not be rich.

I wouldn't reference Noyzee's timing as he runs race gas and a cooler plug so he will be able to run a bit more timing than you would with a hotter plug and pump gas.

I run B8EFS on my 200 tune-up and will be using a B9EFS on any thing bigger than that.

Once I leaned my car out a bit at idle it runs fine on the cold plugs. The only thing any plug doesn't like is leaded fuel and will foul up after a while on the same set of plugs I have found no matter how lean it idles, drives or how much timing is in it. If it's pump unleaded or unleaded race gas they won't foul as long as it's not pig rich.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wicked69
I run a NGK-7. The R5671A-7 Stock # 4091. Would I do better on the plug you guys are talking about? I run a stock bottom 5.3 with stock heads, twin turbo's, e85, no intercooler, and meth injection. Adding a 50-75 nitrous hit this weekend to help spool up the turbo's. I was just going to change to the same plug in a -8. I also run the gap at .025 but am still learning. Car has gone 118mph in the 1/8th at 4000lbs but is super slow off the line. The car breaks up a little at part throttle driving around town but is fine at WOT. Every once in a while it breaks up a little on the top end but the mph is still there.

BTW. Absolutely bad *** what your car has done. I am only into mine for $583 and never dreamed I would get it to run 118 in the 1/8th.
On boost alone the -7 is ok for what you are doing, but when you go to spray it you will need a -8 maybe a -9 you will have to see.

Make a hit and pull some plugs on the return road and see what's going on in there, that is with a fresh set of plugs.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I seen you at Lebanon couple times over the years your car flies, I think we even spoke on Doo Talk I had a Mach z with spray I think you did too ? Hope to hit Lebanon when I get back to NY this year too, nice runs bud
Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
If you don't at least tow the car back or read them on the return road you will never know what is going on in your engine. It will read rich when it really may not be rich.

I wouldn't reference Noyzee's timing as he runs race gas and a cooler plug so he will be able to run a bit more timing than you would with a hotter plug and pump gas.

I run B8EFS on my 200 tune-up and will be using a B9EFS on any thing bigger than that.

Once I leaned my car out a bit at idle it runs fine on the cold plugs. The only thing any plug doesn't like is leaded fuel and will foul up after a while on the same set of plugs I have found no matter how lean it idles, drives or how much timing is in it. If it's pump unleaded or unleaded race gas they won't foul as long as it's not pig rich.
good info thanks- i pull them right after a dyno pull, on the street i have a good spot i coast down to after a test hit and pull # 7
Old 07-01-2012, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Brad inspired me to install nitrous on my car back in 2006. He was busting 9.4Xs with a 347 cube motor back in 2005. Good to see you bringing the car back out again.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
i seem to run into a lot of attitude from any of the "fast" guys when you ask a question. thanks i get that no matter how much you change them the range doesn't matter, it was to say that i monitor them during tuning and racing for signs of detonation/timing mark/color. i don't know what the **** you are ranting about, i was just asking how much timing noyzee ran on a 200 shot and if im crazy for running 7's while he is running 9's. hotter plugs make me cooler? whatever man thanks for the help.
I was not ranting and your qeustion was answered in sentance 1. Guys does not say your name it was a general statement and i bet the veterans here know exactly what im talking about liek to say i run mine on tr-55's or 6's and never had an issue...Then a few months later its magically hurt and none knows why.... Ill add you to the list of guys i need not waist my time answering questions from....

Quick Reply: new best stock internal spray