Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it safe to leave N20 bottle in car all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
Bottles also need to be re-certified every so often too, I cringe when I see people using a torch to heat a bottle up at the track.
^^^This! I have been street racing a long time and all the time this is what I see. When I ask why not get a bottle heater, the answer I get is " Man, you know how much that costs?" Then I say "Yeah, enough to save your life"

Then you get the argument of "I just keep moving the torch around". Me, I'm lazy. I'd rather flip a switch than sit there with a freaking torch.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
As soon as I saw the the thread it reminded me of that picture! Always take the bottle out if your car is going to be outside in the heat while you're at school, work, etc. It's also a good idea to have a blow down tube.

Bottles also need to be re-certified every so often too, I cringe when I see people using a torch to heat a bottle up at the track.
Damnit!!!! Did you see me at the track again? Guilty as charged. I definately need a bottle heater, not that it's too expensive, just always find something else I "need" at the time.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

I would never leave a bottle in the car at work or anywhere that you are gonna sit prolonged periods and allow the interior to heat up.
DO BUY A HEATER DO NOT USE A TORCH
do get tuned for the bottle by someone that if very knowledgable

that is all
Old 05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lncboytre_d
I see a blow down tube in my future.
You should have one anyway IMHO.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Launching!

lol i had a gorgeous c5 vette that had the bottle mounted in the truck raised area, and valet parked it at the beach only to come back and the guy said man something was blowing weird smoke all over the back of your car, and i instantly at that moment thanked god for a blow down tube lol
Old 05-31-2012, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gillbot
You should have one anyway IMHO.
Made the order today. I did not do the research so it was not in my "things I need now" catagory. My car sits in the garage 90% of the time. I only pull it out for the track or the occational road trip.....but that is still no exsuce
Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Don't leave the bottle in the car. Plain and simple. I would come home from the track at 2 am and get up by 8 am to get the bottles out of my truck and car to keep them out of the Georgia heat. Nitrous has its dangers just like anything else. Don't be afraid of it, just ensure you show it some respect.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

I have mine in a small toolbox in the bed of my truck. Notice the other day around the 90ish temp with lots of humidity that the pressure got up to 1300ish and also notice that the liquid had come out of my dynotune pressure gauge

Quick Reply: Is it safe to leave N20 bottle in car all the time?