Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new nitrous outlet fpss,pressure switch leaking!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new nitrous outlet fpss,pressure switch leaking!!!!!!!

Hey guys i just finish my install ls1 plate kit from nitrous outlet, the fpss 1/8 plug leaks no matter what i do, same with the nitrous pressure safety switch. used lock tite and nothing leaking like a sieve from both parts. i disconnect both and reconnected without each no leaks at all. The good guys down there (chris,neal) are taking care of me and sending new units, but is there a secret to get these sealed or am i the only one with this issue???
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

I'm assuming you're talking about Loc Tite Threadlocker, which is not a sealant. It's used to prevent bolts from vibrating loose, not to seal fluids.

EDIT: From what I just read in Loc Tite's data sheets, gasoline does NOT break down their red/blue threadlockers. Their sheet also says "The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration, so I guess you can use it to "seal" fittings. I learn something new everyday! Given the fact that it's a hermetically sealing (absence of air) compound, might there be a chance you cross-threaded the fitting or you didn't screw them together far enough?

Head to your hardware store and pick up a bottle of PTFE sealant paste. Gasoline will not break it down and it's your best bet in getting a system to seal up.

Last edited by Emulsifide; 06-14-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MikesTA2002
Hey guys i just finish my install ls1 plate kit from nitrous outlet, the fpss 1/8 plug leaks no matter what i do, same with the nitrous pressure safety switch. used lock tite and nothing leaking like a sieve from both parts. i disconnect both and reconnected without each no leaks at all. The good guys down there (chris,neal) are taking care of me and sending new units, but is there a secret to get these sealed or am i the only one with this issue???
Sounds like you have 2 parts that are tapped at 2 different depth's.. It is not un common for this to happen but it doesn't happen often.. The 2 pieces are made in 2 different location's, NPT is designed to seal on the taper of the thread's at 75% thread depth.. next time try a teflon paste or i use occasionally the loctite thread sealer paste.. It is not Nitrous Outlet's fault, but they do back anything they make and or sell.. Top notch group!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys , im definitively not blaming n02 outlet, was very careful installing everything an both plugs went in smoothly did not cross thread. i will try that paste for the fpss and Teflon tape for the heather pressure switch with the new ones.hope all goes well
Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Something is off if both items are leaking where the threads screw into the adapter. I have never had this issue before. There is no reason for both to be leaking if they are properly sealed. We use a blue medium strenth Loc-tite. Then allow it to dry before putting pressure to it.
Dave
Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Something is off if both items are leaking where the threads screw into the adapter. I have never had this issue before. There is no reason for both to be leaking if they are properly sealed. We use a blue medium strenth Loc-tite. Then allow it to dry before putting pressure to it.
Dave
thanks dave, i dont know why i was having issues, but chris was cool enough to allow me to send them back for replacements. I will buy that loc tite and let them seal before applying any pressure. I was just getting so frustrated that i ended up stripping the hex trying to pull them back out, plus, both of them did not come with the hex plugs? is that normal? i made a thread today you should check out, i test sprayed a 50 jet (without the fpss & heater because i didnt have the pressure switch, it was at 950 psi (az weather):-/)
I had a slight delay when activated then it pulled perfect with no detonation. Was thinking because i didn't have your purge kit yet? or too much fuel off the bat?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...activated.html

Quick Reply: Brand new nitrous outlet fpss,pressure switch leaking!!!!!!!