Sponsored by:

[First nitrous install] LS3 with NX 90mm plate system

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012 | 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Install looks very nice btw.
Old 07-19-2012 | 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Thank you. It was my first nitrous install and I'm sure if I spent more time and got some 90* fitting etc, I could have cleaned it up a little more but overall, I'm happy with it. I love how you can't even see the purge line and the vast majority of the wiring.
Old 07-26-2012 | 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

Is there a kit for your switch for the 2 tunes? Kinda looks like it is a harness that you plugged right in. I like it. I really like to do something similar to your set for the 2 tunes. Any help will be great!!!
Old 07-26-2012 | 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Ya, the flip switch install went very smoothly and is very much 'out of sight, out of mind.' Once it's in, it's in, and it works perfectly. The extra bonus is that the fans come on when the switch is hit since the computer sees 237* coolant temps. I also get a visual cue that tells me the computer is ready to pull the timing when it sees anything outside of cruising load.

The guy who built it for me specifically asked me not to share details so out of respect for him, I can't give out the information.
Old 07-26-2012 | 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Burrhos
Ya, the flip switch install went very smoothly and is very much 'out of sight, out of mind.' Once it's in, it's in, and it works perfectly. The extra bonus is that the fans come on when the switch is hit since the computer sees 237* coolant temps. I also get a visual cue that tells me the computer is ready to pull the timing when it sees anything outside of cruising load.

The guy who built it for me specifically asked me not to share details so out of respect for him, I can't give out the information.
I understand....would he be willing to make another and sell it to me please??? you can PM the info if you like.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2012 | 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4U2NV-SS
I understand....would he be willing to make another and sell it to me please??? you can PM the info if you like.
Thanks
PM sent
Old 07-26-2012 | 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow that looks great. Nicely done
Old 07-26-2012 | 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Cool install. The fully adjustable timing box is sweet!
Old 07-26-2012 | 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cbrtrx
Cool install. The fully adjustable timing box is sweet!
Only the best 'Made in Korea' parts for my C6
Old 07-27-2012 | 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
The one thing I really like about NX kits is that they come with the -6 line and fittings already as part of the base package where as N2O outlet does not.
This must be new... when I bought my kit back in 2004, I was supplied with a -4 line for my ICEMAN solenoid.

Originally Posted by Burrhos
With the max 4, I can ramp in the shot, but I don't see an option to separately control the nitrous solenoid. I haven't experimented with it yet so maybe putting a slight ramp in the curve on the hit will help. It's only for about .15 of a second and the timing is pulled so I think it will be ok. I might call NX today to see if I'm just missing something as far as using the software to delay the nitrous noid.

No performance is lost that I can tell. It's a very small shot as I'm taking baby steps to get used to everything.
Does the Maximizer 4 allow you to control two stages? If it does, you can try putting the nitrous solenoid on one stage and the fuel solenoid on the other. That's what I plan on doing whenever I rewire my stuff.
Old 07-27-2012 | 08:07 AM
On The Tree

It does. The Maximizer 4 does control 2 stages and that is what I'm going to do. The biggest downfall to this is I give up any progressive feature of the controller if I go that route. I would have to select 'time' as the progression for the nitrous solenoid and then make the fuel solenoid match. I mean I could always just use time as the way I progress the nitrous but for a small shot like I'm running, it likely isn't necessary anyway. I did like the idea of AFR correction where I can tell it to run 12.0 air fuels and it'll modulate the fuel solenoid(if I pill it on the rich side) to achieve that desired read out.

There's a lot of neat stuff I have yet to play with just yet. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Quick Reply: [First nitrous install] LS3 with NX 90mm plate system