Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous issues.....

Full bottle and a HSW wet plate kit. Im crusing down the freeway and see a couple muscle cars ahead so I go to open my bottle just in case I need it and when I do my LS1 starts revving up and then missing like the darn solonoid was open. The engine didnt rev real high just slightly revved up . I check my button and arming switch and they dont seem to be stuck open.... I closed the valve real quick.... so I try again and the same thing... I guess the valve is stuck partially open.. Going to check out the lines and solonoids tomorrow for trash or debris in them I guess. Anybody seen this before. first time for me.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Launching!

Cruising==lol
Old 08-05-2012, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the nitrous solenoid is stuck open. I would disconnect the bottle and look everything over with the bottle removed.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pull the nitrous line off the plate and open the bottle again and see if you can hear the nitrous seeping thru. If it is then you know you solenoid is stuck open for some reason.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Default Solenoid

yep===checked it today and the N20 solenoid is stuck open. Its a 78 mmm wet plate kit adjustable 75-150hp. HSW is out of business so where can I get a solenoid that is comparable?? Dynotune?? What would cause it to stick open ?? Trash or just a bad solenoid....It still clicks like it is opening and closing when it is powered up. I need a replacement solenoid so what do yall suggest??? The kit is not that old and has not been abused or over used.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Footlead
yep===checked it today and the N20 solenoid is stuck open. Its a 78 mmm wet plate kit adjustable 75-150hp. HSW is out of business so where can I get a solenoid that is comparable?? Dynotune?? What would cause it to stick open ?? Trash or just a bad solenoid....It still clicks like it is opening and closing when it is powered up. I need a replacement solenoid so what do yall suggest??? The kit is not that old and has not been abused or over used.
You can call up Dave@Nitrous Outlet and see if he can rebuild it for you since you probably won't be able to find parts for that solenoid or just buy a new one from him.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
You can call up Dave@Nitrous Outlet and see if he can rebuild it for you since you probably won't be able to find parts for that solenoid or just buy a new one from him.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Default Solenoid

probably buy one of his for sure.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Open it up and see what the plunger looks like. If Dave can get you the parts I would rebuild it, but if not then junk it and get you a quality solenoid from nitrous outlet or any other big name vendor.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

sorry to hear about your troubles. We had a couple of people call about some solenoids this morning so i don't know if you have called or not but we can definitely get you taken care of if you haven't called. We have a couple of different options for you if you are interested.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Launching!

That was me calling. I ordered a N2O solenoid and a nitrous line filter. I may be to BLAME and might have caused the failure by not having a filter on my line before the solenoid. Live and learn ===that means don't do it right and it costs u money!! I could send yall the solenoid and you could look at it and give an educated diagnosis. the HSW solenoid I have has 2 different size fittings. One looks like fine threads and the other is coarse and larger. The male ends that the n2o lines screw onto are the same size and thread. I hope your solenoid is the same or I am going to be fitting searching.