Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok fellas, I have to win this race. How much spray is it gonna take? Long read.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Ok fellas, I have to win this race. How much spray is it gonna take? Long read.

Got into it with a 2012 Mustang 5.0 with a standard trans (M6?). He is running full bolt ons has a set of race stars with slicks and some suspension mods and makes 440 to the tire. I have a bolt on only 1999 camaro SS, M&H racemasters with suspension mods and I make 385 to the tire but it weighs 3200 lbs. We raced motor to motor from a dig saturday he shorted the honk like a puss and got out a car and I just hung there a car back until 4th and he started inching away. He got out talking **** about his brand new full bolt on car beat my 13 year old bolt on car and all kinds of crazy *** stuff. Cops came before I could get a re run with him but we agreed to do it again saturday. He caught wind that I was gonna hook the kit on my car and now guess what? He is putting a kit on his junk. He SAYS he is gonna run a 100 progressed to a 200 on his car so now I ask the question, what is it gonna take to put his *** in the rear view.

My nitrous setup is Vic junior spray bar kit from Nitrous Outlet. (running a fast 4150 TB)
I have a racetronix fuel pump with a hot wire kit and 60lb injectors. (car usually runs on E85 but I dont have enough fuel pump to run E85 and the kit so im gonna do this on 93)

Well LS brothers, what size shot is it gonna take for my 13 year old car to keep the mustang at bay?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

200 shot properly tuned with no progressor will beat him.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So he is going to put a kit on his car between now and Saturday and hit it with a 200 shot? Not sure about this guy but I put a lot of time into tuning my nitrous setup. I couldn't do it in a week. Maybe if I had nothing else to do I could rush it but I wouldn't.

Go a head and let him talk ****. Get him amp'd up. Then on the first run don't move and let him run it out and see if his **** stays together.

What shot are you running now?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATVracr
200 shot properly tuned with no progressor will beat him.
This is what I was thinking but my buddy 10secZ28 (My nitrous tuner) thinks its gonna blow the tires up in smoke. So what we are gonna do is start on a 150 hit and step up to a 200 and see what happens.

When we are tuning the car, would you mind if I PM'd you pics of my plugs so you can pick them apart? That would be ****!

Originally Posted by SargeZ06
So he is going to put a kit on his car between now and Saturday and hit it with a 200 shot? Not sure about this guy but I put a lot of time into tuning my nitrous setup. I couldn't do it in a week. Maybe if I had nothing else to do I could rush it but I wouldn't.

Go a head and let him talk ****. Get him amp'd up. Then on the first run don't move and let him run it out and see if his **** stays together.

What shot are you running now?
The car hasnt been set up on a shot yet. Everything is in the car and all I have to do is wire the kit up. We have a saved nitrous tuning file we can work off of to give us a head start on the tuning. 10secZ28 is bad *** with nitrous tuning and he gets it close in about 3 or so pulls.

If its not ready then its not ready. I dont HAVE to run saturday but I plan on it for sure.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
This is what I was thinking but my buddy 10secZ28 (My nitrous tuner) thinks its gonna blow the tires up in smoke. So what we are gonna do is start on a 150 hit and step up to a 200 and see what happens.

When we are tuning the car, would you mind if I PM'd you pics of my plugs so you can pick them apart? That would be ****!

The car hasnt been set up on a shot yet. Everything is in the car and all I have to do is wire the kit up. We have a saved nitrous tuning file we can work off of to give us a head start on the tuning. 10secZ28 is bad *** with nitrous tuning and he gets it close in about 3 or so pulls.

If its not ready then its not ready. I dont HAVE to run saturday but I plan on it for sure.
Gotcha. You could probably get it done with a 150 but 200 will put a stake in it.

If he's got a stock clutch I'd like to see how it handles the power. He's sitting close to 3800lbs with a driver so...
Old 08-13-2012, 01:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure thing.
150 is probably all you will need... you will put 2-3 cars on him instantly and he will never catch you from there.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SargeZ06
Gotcha. You could probably get it done with a 150 but 200 will put a stake in it.

If he's got a stock clutch I'd like to see how it handles the power. He's sitting close to 3800lbs with a driver so...
True. I think he is full of **** personally. Just trying to scare me. Like that hasnt been tried and failed for the last 14 years.

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Sure thing.
150 is probably all you will need... you will put 2-3 cars on him instantly and he will never catch you from there.
Yeah. Like I said, we are gonna start out there and see what happens.

Thanks for your help (in the future). Pretty damn cool of you to do that.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
9 Second Club

Get the right timing and plugs in ur car 150 should do it.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see you're somewhat local. Can I come out to watch this race?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Burrhos
I see you're somewhat local. Can I come out to watch this race?
Hell yeah! PM me ur number and I will hit you up.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

It shouldn't take much being that you most likely have a good weight advantage on him. Around 400#'s. The spray bar at 150 shot do the trick. If you need any help or have any questions when finishing up installing feel free to reach out to us. Just don't rush the install to beat someone. Better to have it dialed in and making stellar power than rush it and not run that good.

Let him be cocky and rush the install on his nitrous. I promise it will not end nicely. If he hits that car with a 200 that fuel pump will be at its limits if he has stock fuel pump for sure.

If he sets it up right he could end up like one of our customers 11 5.0 on 150 made 414 off spray and shy of 600 on spray ( i think 589) with 28in radials on the dyno. That was on a 150. He was running headers, x pipe, Boss Intake and cold air intake. The new 5.0 likes nitrous just as much as the LSX.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ I agree. I'm picking up 9-10mph on a 100shot with 8 degrees of timing pulled on the hit. LSx motors do love the juice.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
It shouldn't take much being that you most likely have a good weight advantage on him. Around 400#'s. The spray bar at 150 shot do the trick. If you need any help or have any questions when finishing up installing feel free to reach out to us. Just don't rush the install to beat someone. Better to have it dialed in and making stellar power than rush it and not run that good.

Let him be cocky and rush the install on his nitrous. I promise it will not end nicely. If he hits that car with a 200 that fuel pump will be at its limits if he has stock fuel pump for sure.

If he sets it up right he could end up like one of our customers 11 5.0 on 150 made 414 off spray and shy of 600 on spray ( i think 589) with 28in radials on the dyno. That was on a 150. He was running headers, x pipe, Boss Intake and cold air intake. The new 5.0 likes nitrous just as much as the LSX.
Will do. Just got off the phone with y'all. Great service and advice as always!
Originally Posted by Burrhos
^ I agree. I'm picking up 9-10mph on a 100shot with 8 degrees of timing pulled on the hit. LSx motors do love the juice.

Yes they do!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Will do. Just got off the phone with y'all. Great service and advice as always!

No problem brother!