Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be the cause of the pause

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could this be the cause of the pause

if im understanding this right this is what i have. When activated on spray my car has a slight pause then pulls hard. Im using a 78mm n20outlet plate and ive tried everything. I came to this way to test to see if the nitrous and fuel are getting to plate at same time. Well when i hook up the plate to bench test this is what i got as soon as you hit the nitrous side it sprays dead on like instantly. But on the fuel side when i tap it nothing comes out you have to actually hold button for about 1.5 secs before it sprays fueland since the plate is behind the MAF this is what could be the cause of the pause right?? What can i do to get more press up the rail to the noid? Im thinking of getting the racetronix fuel pump what else should i look at also changing the fuel filter. Thanks in advance for your help
Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

i'd look at the solenoid, unless you have a really long line going to the plate
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

this is a new solenoid 2nd one and the line is 2ft from the noid to the plate. Is that too long?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 foot is pretty far away for the fuel, its having to push the air out of the line threw the little pin hole in the jet. get you noids as close as you can to the plate.The nitrous is getting to the plate first ,because its under high pressure and can cause you a lean spike, 1.5 sec. of nitrous with out fuel can cause you spark knock and possibly engine damage. 1.5 sec. is at the greatest load on your engine ,about your first 60ft.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Shorten your fuel line if you can.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would cause a pause or hesitation. Like they said a shorter fuel line will defiantly help.

Trey
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Teching In

I am having the same problem. I installed my fuel pressure gauge and seen I am dropping from 58 to 38 psi from the rail. Going to hold off in spraying any more until I get time to change the fuel pump and see if that helps.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98LS1driver
if im understanding this right this is what i have. When activated on spray my car has a slight pause then pulls hard. Im using a 78mm n20outlet plate and ive tried everything. I came to this way to test to see if the nitrous and fuel are getting to plate at same time. Well when i hook up the plate to bench test this is what i got as soon as you hit the nitrous side it sprays dead on like instantly. But on the fuel side when i tap it nothing comes out you have to actually hold button for about 1.5 secs before it sprays fueland since the plate is behind the MAF this is what could be the cause of the pause right?? What can i do to get more press up the rail to the noid? Im thinking of getting the racetronix fuel pump what else should i look at also changing the fuel filter. Thanks in advance for your help
Yeah the fuel is not getting there as quick as the nitrous is. Just changing out the fuel pump will not change how fast it gets there. The fuel pressure will still be the same as the stock fuel pump. If you are having a dip in pressure that is not recovering quickly then the racetronix fuel pump will help you out. Shorten up that line from the fuel solenoid to the plate. That should be your fix.

Originally Posted by hershey1
I am having the same problem. I installed my fuel pressure gauge and seen I am dropping from 58 to 38 psi from the rail. Going to hold off in spraying any more until I get time to change the fuel pump and see if that helps.

What all is done to your car? It sounds like you are taxing your fuel pump to much. Does the fuel pressure recover quickly or does it stay low? How much are you spraying and what kind of set up are you using.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

i will shorten the line as short as possible
Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Neal,

Thanks for the reply. As far as motor I am pretty much running stock other than an air lid. My pressure is not recovering just staying at 38 until I get off the nitrous, then it recovers to about 58. For my setup I am running nitrous outlet solenoids and a Harris plate. I have both lines to the solenoids equal lenght with 100 shot jets.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hershey1
Neal,

Thanks for the reply. As far as motor I am pretty much running stock other than an air lid. My pressure is not recovering just staying at 38 until I get off the nitrous, then it recovers to about 58. For my setup I am running nitrous outlet solenoids and a Harris plate. I have both lines to the solenoids equal lenght with 100 shot jets.
Sounds like your are taxing that pump to much. It should be ok on 100 on lid only car but maybe your pump is a little weak. I would recommend changing that pump put with a 255/racetronix pump.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

put a shorter line on its about 6 inches in length and volia it fixed it

Quick Reply: Could this be the cause of the pause