Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input. I'm still special Ed on the jets. What would be a good starting point on the fuel jet using the stock nitrous jets that came with the HSW wet plate kit.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Launching!

What is your suggestion on fuel jet for 100shot,,,,,125 shot ,,,,,and 150 shot. Where should I start for each HP setting combo.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Footlead
Ok then what jet should I use on the 100 shot or 125 shot or 150 shot. Fuel jet?? @ Neal. That was the wrong answer! Lol

Im sorry its mostly labor involved in the build of those.

I know that harris works jetting was a little different but here is a good starting point from our plates.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
The main benefit with a low pressure system versus a high pressure system is with the low pressure system you have much more room to fine tune the amount of fuel being used as the pressure is lower and each change in jet will be a finer more minute adjustment.

With high pressure it might come to a point where you go down a jet size and it's too little fuel and it's too lean and you go back up in jet and it's too much and makes it too rich. With low pressure this wouldn't happen because you have a more finite adjustment.

We had this problem on our shop car on a 104n jet we were either too rich or too lean with just a .01 change in jet size on 58psi. To alleviate this we went to a low pressure set-up with a double crossbar plate. The low pressure should allow us more finite adjustments when needed.
Hi Martin, just asking. why couldn't you just adjust the regulator to a higher or lower pressure, or fine tune with the n20 jet and fuel jet and pressure.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Launching!

@ Neal==Thanks for the info.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
Hi Martin, just asking. why couldn't you just adjust the regulator to a higher or lower pressure,
That's what I plan to do to tune the fuel side.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Martin, just asking. why couldn't you just adjust the regulator to a higher or lower pressure, or fine tune with the n20 jet and fuel jet and pressure.
In our case the regulator we used also fed our fuel rails so we could not lower the fuel pressure.

Even if yours didn't supply your fuel rails, at EFI fuel pressure(43psi and above) at a certain hp level you're going to run into this problem.

At lower HP levels and on an application where every tenth or hundredth of a second of e.t. doesn't count then it's not such a big deal.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

In our case the regulator we used also fed our fuel rails so we could not lower the fuel pressure.

Even if yours didn't supply your fuel rails, at EFI fuel pressure(43psi and above) at a certain hp level you're going to run into this problem.

At lower HP levels and on an application where every tenth or hundredth of a second of e.t. doesn't count then it's not such a big deal.
cant you also just change the n20 jet to fine tune closer, i haven't ran spray on this c6 yet at the track, but have on the street about 10 passes, just a 100 shot at 58-62 lbs pressure logged all runs read plugs and wideband nx safe cell, high pressure, nx nozzle c16 tr6 and my full na race tune, know timing pulled no kr, i like the high pressure with the fast intake as to atomize and help to stop puddling in the intake, i know go with a nonprojected tip, i tried the bre7s djdnt spray but it doesnt run good na maybe to cold, like you have to put in neutral and rev to clear up, im going to try the bre6
Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

cant you also just change the n20 jet to fine tune closer, i haven't ran spray on this c6 yet at the track, but have on the street about 10 passes, just a 100 shot at 58-62 lbs pressure logged all runs read plugs and wideband nx safe cell, high pressure, nx nozzle c16 tr6 and my full na race tune, know timing pulled no kr, i like the high pressure with the fast intake as to atomize and help to stop puddling in the intake, i know go with a nonprojected tip, i tried the bre7s djdnt spray but it doesnt run good na maybe to cold, like you have to put in neutral and rev to clear up, im going to try the bre6
No offense, but did you read my posts at all?

I already said that with high pressure there comes a point when you start getting up and above 300hp worth of jet that when you're trying to use a jet change to get the reading on the plug you want or the AFR reading you want with a jet change that it either swings too far rich or too far lean with even a .01 change in jet.

High pressure pushes more fuel, with that fine minute adjustments at higher hp levels become much wider swings in fueling.

With lower pressure you don't push as much fuel so a minute .01 change in jet size will make a much smaller finite change instead of such a drastic change that higher pressure will.

Atomization is really the job of the plate or nozzle you are running and not the fuel pressure's job.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

No offense, but did you read my posts at all?

I already said that with high pressure there comes a point when you start getting up and above 300hp worth of jet that when you're trying to use a jet change to get the reading on the plug you want or the AFR reading you want with a jet change that it either swings too far rich or too far lean with even a .01 change in jet.

High pressure pushes more fuel, with that fine minute adjustments at higher hp levels become much wider swings in fueling.

With lower pressure you don't push as much fuel so a minute .01 change in jet size will make a much smaller finite change instead of such a drastic change that higher pressure will.

Atomization is really the job of the plate or nozzle you are running and not the fuel pressure's job.
yes i did read your posts thanks for all the info,

Quick Reply: Stand alone fuel pressure?