Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advise in ramping when Launching whith 300 shots (dual stage)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advise in ramping when Launching whith 300 shots (dual stage)

Hi guys

plannig on going to the track with the Vette next weekend whith changed setup

old setup
Manual tranny 200 shots single stage (plate) 3.42 gears and 28inch dot slicks had traction issues was cutting 1.57-1.63 in 60 and spinning in 1st
had the ramping from 2800-5000 25%-100% launching from 3000-3300rpm

managed to cutt my best 60ft on smaller shot 100 and 26inch tires 1.51 that was clean launch 100% 100shots all the way , but it didnīt handle the bigger shot from the hole

New setup
A4 4000-4200 stall multi disc 3.42 gears and 300 shots Dual stage (added 1 nozzle) same tires

i think itīs better to ramp in whith Auto you activate once not 4 times like on the manual tranny and offcourse the converter takes on smoother but it has a high stall

I use NOS Launcher for controlling it is dual stage and both time and rpm based optional
need advise in ramping the nitrous out of the hole

What are you guys doing in ramping

thanks
Baezi
Old 09-22-2012, 03:29 PM
9 Second Club

This is a hard one to attack. I think it's going to take simply trial and error again. You will hook much better with the auto however due to less shock and more stability in rpm as you mentioned with the stall.

I know NOTHING about a Vette suspension but in my opinion you need to focus solely on your suspension right now. The numbers you are running with those 60fts are really good, however when the 60ft gets sorted out you are looking at 9.70s or better easy.

Me personally, I would start out on a smaller shot and perfectly dial in the suspension before I go to the 300 shot. Get the bugs worked out first and get her 60ft in the 1.5s on motor then spray should be 1.3s and 9.7 or better.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carter01
This is a hard one to attack. I think it's going to take simply trial and error again. You will hook much better with the auto however due to less shock and more stability in rpm as you mentioned with the stall.

I know NOTHING about a Vette suspension but in my opinion you need to focus solely on your suspension right now. The numbers you are running with those 60fts are really good, however when the 60ft gets sorted out you are looking at 9.70s or better easy.

Me personally, I would start out on a smaller shot and perfectly dial in the suspension before I go to the 300 shot. Get the bugs worked out first and get her 60ft in the 1.5s on motor then spray should be 1.3s and 9.7 or better.
Hi Carter
Iīm still on a stock suspension as it is and i know well i canīt offer the car all that amount of a shot out of the hole not even on 200shots so i was gona try to keep the shots lower at first and give it after it hooks.
this is the last time before the winter i can go to the track so i was gona try the 300 shots out few runs before i go into the winter.
the car has high 9īs in it on the 200 shots.

i was hoping for low 1.5 or maby high 1.4x in 60ft on the stock suspension.

I know there is no way nobody that can tell me how it will hooke and how it should be ramped in, but i would like to know how people are getting it done here on their setups.

if any one could share

Baezi

Quick Reply: Need advise in ramping when Launching whith 300 shots (dual stage)