Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for wiring diagram or help with old NOS kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for wiring diagram or help with old NOS kit

I have an old NOS brand kit for 92-96 lt1 vette. Its a dry shot 150 with bottle heater and it has a secondary fuel pump setup "inline" with a bypass loop around when not activated. What I am trying to find is the wiring diagram for this kit or a diagram I could wire off of as I am going to convert to a true wet kit and use most of this old dry kit. Also am looking for a way to wire a first gear lockout.. m6 car ... I plan to run a dry to wet conversion kit for one of the vendors and am going to run a mallory 685 for a two step and window switch, rpm limiter... open to suggestions with my setup the kit is brand new never installed no instructions if need be I can use the harness and rewire it to work just looking for some direction on how to set this up.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might help you a little, I'm going to have think a little about this and I will reply back to this thread.

The gear lock out can be achieve by switching to a different nitrous controller. The Nitrous Outlet one has this feature as does the Zex's . I don't know much about the Mallory but here is the installation manual.

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...ns/maa-685.pdf

Using the Mallory to pull your timing and the outlet window switch will give you all the tunablity you need and the gear lock out.

Can you elaborate more on the fuel pump loop and how exactly you plan to convert this to a wet system?

Are planning to wire the fuel pump the same way your going to wire the nitrous solenoid and run it back to the WOT switch? Then you could just run a line to the fuel inlet on the wet nozzle I guess.

If you wanted to convert it a bit easier why not just just pull from the rail? Grab a fuel solenoid off the YB classified or on here for cheap and get you a couple feet of line and your ready to go.

The bottle heater is super easy to wire up, just put it on a separate toggle switch so you can turn it on ahead of time with out arming the solenoid way before they are used, you don't want to have them on for a super long time.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also think you need an extra harness to convert the Mallory for use on our cars. It looks like it only has one connector and you'll need two to tap into the ignition.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

HAHA I am blowing your thread up but here is a sticky that is full of wiring diagrams. They are all for different set-ups but after looking at alot of them you will get the understand of what it takes to me any system work.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ed-wiring.html
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

I am going to use a noid and tap off the rail not using the extra fuel pump setup just was describing what was in the system if someone who which is was. Thanks I will look into the diagrams how would the malllory work out as a first gear lockout? Thanks again
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

QUOTE=My6speedZ;17049069]HAHA I am blowing your thread up but here is a sticky that is full of wiring diagrams. They are all for different set-ups but after looking at alot of them you will get the understand of what it takes to me any system work.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ed-wiring.html[/QUOTE]

This thread has alot of great info but I have yet to find something that applies to a basic one stage with a bottle heater and first gear lockout
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is the mallory a window switch as well or just an ignition controller?

If you need a window switch, purchasing one with the lockout is where it would come from. If you get the Zex window switch it has this feature. You can also get the Zex TPS activator that 75 bucks and is a very easy way to set up WOT control.

Here is an example of a wet kit using the Zex TPS WOT activator.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Reading the Mallory instruction manual you might want to sell it and use another method to pull your timing because I don't think it will work with your car.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

The mallory is the 685 hyfi vl cop digital contoller and is set up to work with coil on plug wiring it up is very easy mostly plug and play will do 2 stage off of clutch switch, nitrous window switch with adjustable timing retard and a rev limiter ... what would trigger the first gear lockout
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only way that I know of being able to do this. With a piggyback, is if your using a window switch that includes this feature. The Zex TC Window switch and the Nitrous Outlet one do how ever I cant find it on the website anymore. The computer counts how many times the car passes a set RPM before triggering the nitrous say you didn't want it to spray until 3rd gear at 3500 rpm. One the car passes 3500 rpm the third time having went past it once in first and second the end will see nitrous. It will also has a disarm RPM say like 2000 rpm where once it passes that RPM (when stopping) it will start at a zero count.

I don't know of any other way to do it, sorry. Maybe call Mallory and ask them if it does this, like I said I don't think it will in this way.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

I looked into it more today and the mallory doesnt work with an ls1... I must have read the info or got bad info off the net. ... lol no surprise there but from what I found out calling summit the 685 will not work. And the only box is a msd setup which I am not interested in going with. So it looks like I am gunna go with a lingenfelter LNC-2000 which is a launch controller and timing retard. Will have to go with a msd window switch for the nitrous. And I may just have to hit the arm switch before grabbing second, another possibility could be a fancy progressive nitrous control with a delay function. Does anyone flip an arm switch before grabbing second and if so how effective has it been for u??? Thanks for the info mysixspeedz .. I talked with chris at nitrousoutlet today and he was a big help.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just use the LNC in conjunction with the Zex window switch it has a gear lockout feature that and the tps activator would be like 230 bucks.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

The tps activator who makes it and I will definitely look into the zex window switch.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Gear or VSS based lock-out

Our NCC-001 nitrous controller can take a vehicle speed signal from your car and use that to enable/disable the nitrous and also to enable/disable external devices via the relay outputs. This could be used to disable the 2-step once you are moving so that it doesn't activate every time you push in the clutch etc.

Here is a link to more information on the NCC-001.
Here is a link to the instruction manual.
Here is a link to the PC software.

Since you are already looking at using the LNC-2000, the other advantage of using our nitrous controller would be that it could be used to activate and control the timing retard from the LNC-2000 if you wanted to do so later on (you can control the amount of timing retard based on the nitrous output).

We will also have a gear count/lock-out function in our nitrous controller but that hasn't been fully enabled in the software yet (but it will be a free software update when it is).

If you don't want to use our nitrous controller you could also use our MPH activated switch (STOV-002) to disable/enable a relay based on vehicle speed.

We also make a TPS switch (activator) that could read the TPS signal to enable/disable the nitrous. That product is our CTAP-001. It can also be connected to the clutch pedal position and brake pedal position sensors on many newer vehicles. It is programmable in activation percentage in 1% increments from 1-99%. It isn't on our web site yet. We disabled it at SEMA and should have it released to the public in about 4 weeks.

We also offer an RPM switch but it doesn't have the gear count feature that the ZEX one has though so you would need to use the ZEX RPM switch with our TPS switch if you wanted TPS and RPM/gear count based lock-out (without using our nitrous controller).

I can post more information on any of the above if needed.

Hope I didn't hijack this thread too much and that this information was helpful.

Regards,
Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Great info on your controller could u pm me a price on a package deal for your controller, timing retard, tps switch. I am interested in pricing it out, I am trying to keep the budget on this build on the lower end but I am still entertaining the idea of a controller as its nice to have the option to make fine adjustments rhenvto need to make them and not have the ability to. Thanks for your help
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default NCC and TPS switch

I will PM you that information.

Just to clarify for everyone else though, with the NCC you won't need the TPS switch since the NCC already has that input as well.

Originally Posted by skidooingit
Great info on your controller could u pm me a price on a package deal for your controller, timing retard, tps switch. I am interested in pricing it out, I am trying to keep the budget on this build on the lower end but I am still entertaining the idea of a controller as its nice to have the option to make fine adjustments rhenvto need to make them and not have the ability to. Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: looking for wiring diagram or help with old NOS kit