Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZackMorris
Must cost even more to patent something that's been around for a long time...

can one even do that??
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juicedh22
For people who keep saying "he didnt patent it".... do you know how much it costs to file a patent these days? Try around $15,000-20,000
And how many people have created anything other than drama in this thread.
I would like to know what the guy with the patent comment has done for lsx besides that post.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

i just want to ask about the credibility, can you really believe the guy who says they were first when they claim to invent something to cheat in a race, and then say someone stole it, or the guy who let people know about it
Old 03-20-2013, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Its not about cheating in a race you jokers. The money maker was sold for STREET RACERS, or "underground" racing, where it's common not to tell what your modifications are, and make people guess and assume based on what they SEE. Its not about cheating, its about being inconspicuous. There are no "rules" to cheat against when its street racing/underground...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicedh22
Its not about cheating in a race you jokers. The money maker was sold for STREET RACERS, or "underground" racing, where it's common not to tell what your modifications are, and make people guess and assume based on what they SEE. Its not about cheating, its about being inconspicuous. There are no "rules" to cheat against when its street racing/underground...
get for real, i have an NA car with nitrous im out at the hangout some says what you got, i tell them. he says you want to run, ok what you got, how much of a spot who gets the brake how much you spraying, if i say all i possibly can then its cool not cheating or deceiving, if i say 100 shot then spray another hidden shot that like pulling a card from up my sleeve, in other words cheating now if i say run what you brung and its agreed its not cheating
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

There's no cheating in street racing, it's ******* street racing, I don't know about you, but I've never seen a rule book for street racing, and it's hard to cheat when there's no rules on it... You're speaking like someone who clearly has never done much of it, especially for money....
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No cheating in street racing.. I never, ever, tell 100% truth. Even if I am going to tell them everything, I down play...

What you got man?

Junk yard 6.0 truck bottom end with some truck heads and a cam... Spraying a baby shot.

The less info you divulge, the better.

There is no cheating. If you get LIED to, that is not cheating... It is lying. The only cheating is in sanctioned racing events where there is a rule book. On the street, anything goes.

Always assume you are running against 50-75Rwhp more than what they are leading you to believe.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
No cheating in street racing.. I never, ever, tell 100% truth. Even if I am going to tell them everything, I down play...

What you got man?

Junk yard 6.0 truck bottom end with some truck heads and a cam... Spraying a baby shot.

The less info you divulge, the better.

There is no cheating. If you get LIED to, that is not cheating... It is lying. The only cheating is in sanctioned racing events where there is a rule book. On the street, anything goes.

Always assume you are running against 50-75Rwhp more than what they are leading you to believe.
i agree its lying, no rules you can cheat, but doesn't that really depend on the stipulations, i quit street racing, dont care what they got, have heard now they check the jet numbers at the end of the race before payout, believe it or not, if you state your running me motor to motor and i can clearly see spray i wont pay and maybe kick the **** out of you and take your money too, maybe you beat my *** but there will be a fight
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
i agree its lying, no rules you can cheat, but doesn't that really depend on the stipulations, i quit street racing, dont care what they got, have heard now they check the jet numbers at the end of the race before payout, believe it or not, if you state your running me motor to motor and i can clearly see spray i wont pay and maybe kick the **** out of you and take your money too, maybe you beat my *** but there will be a fight
If someoene complains I'm spraying.. I will complain they have headers.

Still a mod.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is funny that Dave posted this, because while you guys are saying it makes NX look bad for doing wrong trying to get business I see it as Dave trying to paint NX as these dastardly ******** trying to win business that way.

It's no different then one guys who says he can build a motor that makes XXX horsepower "because he pays attention to details and uses a magic camshaft" versus the guy who says "this guy is lying to customers using snake oil marketing praying on the uninformed", because that right there is playing on the comforting of the uninformed. Making them say "oh this guys realistic, i'll go with him"

Pick your poision fellas.

I mean seriously... who pops the hood before a serious grudge race anyways? They say run what you brung for a reason. If you think home boy is going to secretly dump a huge shot on you then rethink what his car might be capable of before you run your damn mouth.

I swear these sponsor leg humpers make me chuckle sometimes.

Did you guys really think this was going to stay secret forever? I never had any intentions of buying one of these things and doing some internet scouring a couple years ago lead to me finding some pictures of this thing.

Step back from the Koolaid guys.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Before this was ever posted I saw it on FB... Several days before actually. It shocked me at first cause I was on my phone and couldn't get all the details.. I thought Dave had made the article.
When I got home and saw it was NX is when it bothered me.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I think it is funny that Dave posted this, because while you guys are saying it makes NX look bad for doing wrong trying to get business I see it as Dave trying to paint NX as these dastardly ******** trying to win business that way.

It's no different then one guys who says he can build a motor that makes XXX horsepower "because he pays attention to details and uses a magic camshaft" versus the guy who says "this guy is lying to customers using snake oil marketing praying on the uninformed", because that right there is playing on the comforting of the uninformed. Making them say "oh this guys realistic, i'll go with him"

Pick your poision fellas.

I mean seriously... who pops the hood before a serious grudge race anyways? They say run what you brung for a reason. If you think home boy is going to secretly dump a huge shot on you then rethink what his car might be capable of before you run your damn mouth.

I swear these sponsor leg humpers make me chuckle sometimes.

Did you guys really think this was going to stay secret forever? I never had any intentions of buying one of these things and doing some internet scouring a couple years ago lead to me finding some pictures of this thing.

Step back from the Koolaid guys.
shortdog likes this...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Smile

i dont care who or what has whatever i made the challenge, if you ask what i got i will tell ya even if you ask my et, you wont believe it or think it cant do it on the street
Old 03-21-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't see anything wrong with what Dave is saying.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
I don't see anything wrong with what Dave is saying.
i really don't either, its the internet, both good shops

Quick Reply: An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.