Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.

It is a very sad day!

For many years we have been building custom hidden nitrous systems known as the Money Maker system. We designed these systems for our street racing and grudge racing customers. We made a commitment to our customers, to keep the design out of the spotlight and not mass produced in order to protect their investment. We knew these customers were spending their hard earned money on a system they did not want people to find. After all if we showed it off it would defeat that purpose.

When we ship these systems out we send paperwork telling the customer how to tune it and beg them not to post pictures of it and show it off.

We have policed the forums for years in order to keep pictures of these systems off the internet and we have worked with customers to sell them when they went to something new. All to protect our customers.

Well, Today I apologize to these customers for the actions of another company that has disgracefully produced a video, shared pictures and are mass marketing there knocked off version of our Money Maker system.

In March of 2011 they posted they would never make the design public knowledge in this thread. Now they have done exactly the opposite.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...maker-kit.html

Many of our designs and creations have been copied and stolen over the years but this one was more of a low blow to our customers than it was us.

Sincerely
Nitro Dave
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knocked Off? That's Funny, Nitrous Express was doing hidden spray bar installs for several years before nitrous outlet was even in business!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Knocked Off? That's Funny, Nitrous Express was doing hidden spray bar installs for several years before nitrous outlet was even in business!
Ok.

Can you please explain this then.

"Obviously, there has been a misunderstanding about the intent of our “PM us for more info” reply. NX was merely trying to help a fellow nitrous user out with an answer to his question. It is worth noting that there had been no replies to the OPs questions for almost 24hrs so NX asked the guy to PM us (so nothing was being said on public viewing boards). NX has always been discreet about the details of this product and will continue to be discreet. After all, NX also has many of these hidden types of systems out in the field. Although we don’t market it under the money maker name, NX has been doing this type of hidden install on multiple engine platforms since 1996. Anyone who has had a hidden system install should not be worried; we will continue to keep the details of this type of install confidential."
This was a post made by YOU.

You basically threw all your own customers (using your own Hidden kits)under the bus.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

Trey, Thats funny! How long have you been working for NX?

Would you like to explain NX's actions VS what you promised fellow hidden nitrous system users here?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14585521-post26.html
Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

I should probably clarify something for the record. Nitrous Express is not saying that we were the inventors of hidden spray bar installs. 10,000 RPM was doing this back in the 70s. Mike Wood (the owner on NX) installed his first hidden spray bar system in the plenum of a tunnel ram in 1980. Mike Wood installed his first hidden spray bar in an EFI manifold (ford 5.0l) in 1988. Mike Wood did a lot of hidden spray bar installs (both in fuel injected and Carb manifolds) until NX was officially started in 1996. Since then, NX has developed and installed many hidden systems in LT1 intakes, LSX intakes and many others. In the beginning, NX did not publicly market hidden systems and mostly sold them via word of mouth. This year, we have begun to market the fact that we offered hidden systems. This decision was fueled by the fact that multiple other nitrous companies were publicly marketing that they offered hidden systems.

FYI for everyone that already has one of our hidden systems, We are not disclosing any names or info on who has them. We are simply letting the market know that we are also doing hidden spray bar installs as well as other companies that are currently marketing hidden nitrous systems.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have a system put its sad when a company does this. They make them selfs look really unprofessional!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

I should probably clarify something for the record. Nitrous Express is not saying that we were the inventors of hidden spray bar installs. 10,000 RPM was doing this back in the 70s. Mike Wood (the owner on NX) installed his first hidden spray bar system in the plenum of a tunnel ram in 1980. Mike Wood installed his first hidden spray bar in an EFI manifold (ford 5.0l) in 1988. Mike Wood did a lot of hidden spray bar installs (both in fuel injected and Carb manifolds) until NX was officially started in 1996. Since then, NX has developed and installed many hidden systems in LT1 intakes, LSX intakes and many others. In the beginning, NX did not publicly market hidden systems and mostly sold them via word of mouth. This year, we have begun to market the fact that we offered hidden systems. This decision was fueled by the fact that multiple other nitrous companies were publicly marketing that they offered hidden systems.

FYI for everyone that already has one of our hidden systems, We are not disclosing any names or info on who has them. We are simply letting the market know that we are also doing hidden spray bar installs as well as other companies that are currently marketing hidden nitrous systems.
This is funny too. You guys can twist what you done into any perspective you want too. You know what you have done was dirty.

You posted a U-tube video, Pictures and mass marketing info that shows non users how to find it on a car. If your customers interest was at heart why would you do that?

As far as the design I understand I am going to have to post detailed pictures of our work in order to call you out on knocking off what we do and I am kind of reluctant to do that. Even though you guys shamefully let the cat out of the bag I am going to have to think about that.

Now back to the main question....

Would you like to explain NX's actions VS what you promised fellow hidden nitrous system users here?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14585521-post26.html
Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

"Anyone who has had a hidden system install should not be worried; we will continue to keep the details of this type of install confidential."

So basically you lied to everyone that has bought your hidden systems over the years, as you showed exactly how your hidden kit works. "Details" would mean how the kit works, NOT who actually bought them. Unless Im missing something?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Hey Dave, how does one get that cool 10 year LS1 Tech member tag?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dave, could you PM me a ballpark price for a money maker setup for my 02 WS6 with stock LS6 intake? Just curious how the price compares to your 78mm plate kit?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
FormerVendor

Yes sir. I would be happy too.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM
FormerVendor

Ok, I would like to get this post back on track. Enough of the bickering. This post is for our supporters.

When this design was leaked out to the market we received a few phone calls and emails from some un-happy customers. I completely understand where they are coming from and I ask that they remember that we kept our end of the deal all of these years. We thank you for trusting in us and supporting our company.

For anyone looking to purchase a used system or maybe a new one please keep in mind that since 02-12 we have been serial numbering all of our intake jobs. We have a filing cabinet with a folder on each one of these intakes. If there is no serial number it may not be ours.

Just because the concept may be the same it does not mean the quality, science, and craftsmanship is the same.

Check out this link to read more about the serial numbering.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...rs-beware.html

Thanks
Dave
Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwkss
Go to the user&support section and ask there.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Qwkss
I didn't even notice that.. haha. I feel special now..
Old 02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I called Nitro Dave and this was the music that was playing when he put me on hold.

Then after that went off. This started playing. I wonder what's up with that? LOL!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I called Nitro Dave and this was the music that was playing when he put me on hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xkqzCokQA
OMG! You just made my day!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
OMG! You just made my day!
I edited my post. Look again

"Don't worry about them haters, keep you nose in tha air"
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Go to the user&support section and ask there.
Thank you, Ill head on over there.

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I didn't even notice that.. haha. I feel special now..
But, you are "Special".
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Why bring more attention to it then by making these posts if that's your intent to keep it a secret?

You guys sound like a bunch of school girls saying he stole my boyfriend. This is what patents are for, if you don't have one you should of.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem was not that it was copied. The problem was that they blasted the design of the hidden system out to the world. (video, YouTube, magazine, ETC) How does that make their customers and our customers feel that spent legitimate money on the system to keep it hidden? After the fact that the company in question said a year ago "Anyone who has had a hidden system install should not be worried; we will continue to keep the details of this type of install confidential." Yeah it was kept confidential. HAHA.

You would assume that someone that has bought the hidden system/money maker would like to keep it under wraps. Why throw videos of how it work all over the internet and social media networks.

Martin, how can more light not brought to this system. It already has a YouTube video, on public forums and on social media networks. Its already out there. Attention is already all over this subject.

Quick Reply: An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.