Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few nano kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shortdog
^Did you up your fuel jets? You was probably rich and ran slower due to that. I didn't have to up my fuel jets at all.
I upped the fuel jets so that the air/fuel was safe according to the wideband. Unless you are saying I should have run it lean?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After a lot of experience with NANO over the past 3 years I experienced a lot of the issues I see posted here. Seems to me one solution would be to have 2 NANO bottles, one calibrated higher for cold weather and one lower for hotter weather. I had 4 bottles re-calibrated to accomplish this and I'll report out on the results as the season gets going. In the end, if you are going to do 1-2 runs a night and are waiting in long lines, in my opinion, it is not worth it- just run a bottle warmer set-up. If you want to hot lap - nothing compares unless you have a bottle bath set-up. I've run 7-8 times a night on the NANO with no pressure drop. It's too bad NANO doesn't come up with adjustable pressure bottle - that would be the ultimate!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
Yeah, but where kind you find a kit these days?
I told you Ebay, the classified section or Jegs clown!
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I upped the fuel jets so that the air/fuel was safe according to the wideband. Unless you are saying I should have run it lean?
Contrary to what nano says, I and others didn't have to up the fuel jet or decrease the nitrous jet.

I try to aim for 12.5-13.0 n/f, close to what it runs on motor. Enough timing pulled is the key and it'll go faster.
Originally Posted by CanadianEh!
After a lot of experience with NANO over the past 3 years I experienced a lot of the issues I see posted here. Seems to me one solution would be to have 2 NANO bottles, one calibrated higher for cold weather and one lower for hotter weather.
You have too much money, lol. I'd rather try what Tom @ Nano said by removing some washers to lower psi. The heck with getting another nano bottle for weather changes..
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 AM
9 Second Club

I told you Ebay, the classified section or Jegs clown!

Contrary to what nano says, I and others didn't have to up the fuel jet or decrease the nitrous jet.

I try to aim for 12.5-13.0 n/f, close to what it runs on motor. Enough timing pulled is the key and it'll go faster.

You have too much money, lol. I'd rather try what Tom @ Nano said by removing some washers to lower psi. The heck with getting another nano bottle for weather changes..
The only reason I have 4 NANO bottles is I could not find a filling station locally and I had to drive 100 miles to get air. I have now found a paintball shop with compressor so no issue now. I now have 2 extra NANO bottles but shipping the to the USA costs a fortune so have to be a local buyer. I love the washer idea someone threw out there but no reply from NANO nitrous on the how to video I sent a few weeks ago....
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 AM

You may not have had to change the fuel jet to keep the air/fuel ratio safe, but I did because it was going very lean. My Nano setup and my non-Nano setup were both jetted to have similar air/fuel. On the dyno the Nano picked up 30 rwhp. On the track it never ran faster, or even close.

You are clearly a big fan of it based on your experience, which is great if it worked for you. I, and a lot of other people have not had the same experience. I will gladly sell my Nano kit to someone if they want to give it a try as it is just collecting dust in my basement.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 AM

^PM Heavy H.P, cause he's looking for one.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 AM

Will do, thanks for the heads up
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Went to the only shop in town with compressed air today and the owner said he "wasn't interested in filling it". He saw the NANO "Nitrous" sticker on the bottle and got scared. I assured him this wasn't a nitrous bottle and it was completely safe...still "not interested". Anyone ran into this issue? Should I cover up the Nitrous sticker so I don't scare the next potential filler??
Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

^^ Wow not interested in your money? Go elsewhere, his loss.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's what I was thinking! Made sure he heard me say "what a bussiness man".

Called a paintball shop today and spoke with the owner who was very interested in how the system worked. I explained everything and he gave me his personal cell to send a picture of the fill port just to make sure he could fill it. It's nice to run across a real businessman...too bad it's not in my town..
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

There you go, like they say customer service goes a long way....
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so I left it up to my girlfriend to swing by and get the bottled filled being that she was in that city(45 minutes away). turns out the fella rushed the fill to 3000psi which will soon drop when it cools. my question is.. can I run the system if it's not all the way at 3000psi? if not can't I just have him top if off next time I head that way?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 AM
9 Second Club

If the bottle was empty then it's normal for heat build-up as the bottle fills and you will see the pressure drop when it cools. This is less apparant when you are only topping up the bottle. Yes, you can just top it back up to 3000 psi.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay good deal..that's what I thought but wanted to be a 100%.
The pressure only ended up dropping to 2750.
How much is everything paying to get the 3000 tank filled? He charged my girl 20 bucks last night! Is this not excessively high?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 AM

^She got screwed!

I've payed $5 tops, but my last several refills where free.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I told her to call me if it was anything over 10 so I could talk to them, but she didn't because she said he was a really nice guy and didn't want to seem like she was low balling him after all the help he gave her with directions and all...

Last edited by L$X$10; 05-03-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Today Bill at Hopper's paintball made up for overcharging my girl:

He gave me the quick connect fitting and topped off my bottle. 20 bucks well spent.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
There you go, like they say customer service goes a long way....
Sayin it again

Quick Reply: few nano kit questions