Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First outing in 3800lb. 6 speed 408=6.50@107

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car, get that thing dialed in and it will be making some good passes, ya cant expect everything to be perfect on the first outing! But I really like my afcos on the back of my car, way better than the comp engineering ones, I got a set brand new and one was leaking before I even got out of the garage, but hey you get what you pay for! Thats why I took them off and got the afcos!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad! Looks like the drivers are having fun.

Also I have Comp 3-way shocks on the back of my Formula and best 60 foot to date has been 1.27 of course my car is low on power so I guess I am not overpowering them.

N2

Last edited by N2RACINGLS1's; 06-30-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WVhuggerSS
Nice car, get that thing dialed in and it will be making some good passes, ya cant expect everything to be perfect on the first outing! But I really like my afcos on the back of my car, way better than the comp engineering ones, I got a set brand new and one was leaking before I even got out of the garage, but hey you get what you pay for! Thats why I took them off and got the afcos!
I wouldn't trade my shocks for anything. I love my afcos. I think good shocks are with their weight in gold. On this car though with a slick we felt top of the line shocks were really not needed.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by alans02z
Andy has posted-3650 is the raceweight.

Contest? of course it is! It was the manual shootout. Besides that, it is all in fun man. Everyone there had a good time and the group of guys that ran the class were a great bunch of guys. That boys car is a beautiful car and it runs fairly well. And I'm going to leave it at that. You posted the vid, figured Id let everyone know what was in the vid. I'm at the track for every pass Andy makes, been to every tune and dyno, and spent countless hours in my shop going over everything and working on it. It's like a piece of my family and I'm very proud of what has been accomplished with honestly very little so if a video is posted I will comment on it, no matter who gets pissed off.

Ok, on to the trap and et. One month ago on an fairly unprepped track, the blue car went a 1.39 60 to a 6.45 at 107ish. I don't have the slip, but I know the 60 and et, temp was within a couple degrees and the da was within as couple hundred ft. The same exact setup was ran Saturday on a fairly good track and I think the first full pass he made his 60 was 1.80ish, and our best after softening the back and pulling the limiters off the front went to around 1.60 and we quit screwing with it, didn't want to go backwards during eliminations. Why the car was unhappy at Piedmont, I don't know but we only get to run tracks that charge 7 bucks to get in and race and they don't give a **** what goes down the track. If you had told me the same set up wouldn't work at all, I wouldn't have believed it. Hell, his car was going 50s at Rockingham at the last shootout on an 8 inch Hoosier. The car was far from dialed in. And on motor (Remember this is still same weight and only 390 rwhp) it goes low 20s at 96. So, yeah very similar. The actual tune does not change unless it goes to Garner and RPM changes it.

Don't let it get to you man, your the "Guru" around here these days. You better get used to people gunning for you and the Tick shop. And no more than I said you got way to worked up for a guy that's on the top. No offense was meant to Tick or to the owner of the car especially, it is a beautiful car and he seems like a good dude. We do this stuff for fun, and that's all.

So to keep your thread from getting all jumbled up with talk, If there is more you would like to talk about pm me but otherwise I'm done.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's
Not bad! Looks like the drivers are having fun.

Also I have Comp 3-way shocks on the back of my Formula and best 60 foot to date has been 1.27 of course my car is low on power so I guess I am not overpowering them.

N2
We've been 1.21 60' on Comp 3 way adjustable shocks and single adjustable QA1's up front. That was on a pass where we broke the input shaft on the high gear shift at the Rock last year in our Real Street 275 car. It's best full pass is 1.23 60'/3.52 330'/5.44@133.

Hell we can't even get a 408 powered 3800lb. car faster than 6.50's on its first outing, so how impressive is that?

It just takes the know how to get a car down the track.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Martin if the car had tubular parts underneath and it was timed in on a n/a setup what do you think the car would run in the eighth?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Congrats Martin, I thought from the vids the car ran pretty good for its 1st time out. I'm sure in time it'll only get better. Oh, and I'm sure the arguing will continue after the fall event since both camaros will be racing for a chance to lose to me in the finals jk

Quick Reply: First outing in 3800lb. 6 speed 408=6.50@107