Sponsored by:

Nitrous Systems: Who is better

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=LSX Power Tuning;17556846]
Originally Posted by BKsNHRA

I am pretty sure he is using the nitrous custom operating system with efi live. It allows the pcm to pull timing when you only spray so you can have a na tune and a nitrous tune.
That all depends on the tuner and how he triggers it.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=LSX Power Tuning;17556846]

I am pretty sure he is using the nitrous custom operating system with efi live. It allows the pcm to pull timing when you only spray so you can have a na tune and a nitrous tune.
I think this is what we were talking about.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Veteran

No matter how he triggers it, you are still stuck with whatever amount of timing the tuner pulls.

I'd just rather control that on the nitrous myself, that way I know I'm not leaving any power on the table.

Last edited by 87silverbullet; 07-19-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used all the above mentioned nitrous companies over the last 15+ years. Nitrous Outlet wins hands down. Better product, better customer service, and proven performance.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
No matter how he triggers it, you are still stuck with whatever amount of timing the tuner pulls.

I'd just rather control that on the nitrous myself, that way I know I'm not leaving any power on the table.
I see what your sayin. For my first kit. I think this will work out good. Kinda keep it dummy proof so I don't screw up and leave a piston in the pan If I had more experience I may do what you are saying in the future if I get a lil more serious. For now this is just a street car that I'm wanting a little more out of on the weekends and TNT nights at the track.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

I see what your sayin. For my first kit. I think this will work out good. Kinda keep it dummy proof so I don't screw up and leave a piston in the pan If I had more experience I may do what you are saying in the future if I get a lil more serious. For now this is just a street car that I'm wanting a little more out of on the weekends and TNT nights at the track.
I hear ya. If you go to no problem raceway, I go out there a lil bit and I can help you tune it on the bottle. Just get the LNC 2000 from lingenfelter and I can show you how to tune it.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

I hear ya. If you go to no problem raceway, I go out there a lil bit and I can help you tune it on the bottle. Just get the LNC 2000 from lingenfelter and I can show you how to tune it.
I do go to noproblem. Ill look into this option.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NITROUS SUPPLY..... They are the Originators of Nitrous Oxide Systems !
Old 07-20-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, how times have changed. what happened to the other vendors whom used to post? we had some long drawn out who/why/what nitrous were best and what tech was best in ones opinion for a given application. dont get me wrong Nitro Daves products are great-hi Dave.

Robert
Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Launching!

There is a lot of good choices.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have used NOS, TNT , Wilson , and Nitrous Outlet and had great results with all of them. I would have to say as far as customer service Nitrous Outlet is number #1 and Wilson was great too.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

nitrous outlet dave is a great guy and as far as customer service he is the best. willing to help anytime
Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

There's two places that are the best of the best. Go to any big race and there car's lead hands down. Unfortunately neither of them are sponsors of this site however LMR posted both there names.

Nitrous outlet makes some killer and innovative products and as far as this site i'd say they are number one. But the service and track side support of Induction Solutions and Monte Smith are not comparable ANYWHERE.

It's all in what you want.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blacktransam
There's two places that are the best of the best. Go to any big race and there car's lead hands down. Unfortunately neither of them are sponsors of this site however LMR posted both there names.

Nitrous outlet makes some killer and innovative products and as far as this site i'd say they are number one. But the service and track side support of Induction Solutions and Monte Smith are not comparable ANYWHERE.

No doubt, Steve Johnson and Monte Smith are a wealth of knowledge when is comes to nitrous. They are always thinking outside of the box.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 AM
Launching!

Man LOTS of Nitrous Outlet supporters out there! Anyone rollin' with the ZEX kits? I haven't heard anyone yet have them on this post.

Also who's running just plates and who's running DP kits (I know that's what she said blah blah)
Old 07-26-2013, 01:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktransam

I guess it depends on where you are. Around here I see Nitrous Outlet setups on most every efi nitrous car. I have seen Nitrous at the track many times helping customers including myself. I do the PCM programming and Nitrous Outlet handles the plug reading and nitrous tuning. While at the track I can't count how many times I see them helping people with there nitrous setups and any other thing they need. There is way more to nitrous outlet than what you read about on tech.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I dnt know who's better, but Nitrous Outlet is def higher in price.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Flawless02SS
I dnt know who's better, but Nitrous Outlet is def higher in price.
Well, you know how the old saying goes.

"You get what you pay for"

Also I remember one of the guys from Nitrous Outlet having this quote in their sig.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten."
Old 07-27-2013, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
I guess it depends on where you are. Around here I see Nitrous Outlet setups on most every efi nitrous car. I have seen Nitrous at the track many times helping customers including myself. I do the PCM programming and Nitrous Outlet handles the plug reading and nitrous tuning. While at the track I can't count how many times I see them helping people with there nitrous setups and any other thing they need. There is way more to nitrous outlet than what you read about on tech.

I'm aware, i was buying NX products from Dave back in 05. I have countless dealing with ALL the venders listed. If I didn't I wouldn't have posted what i did. I speak from experience, not internet hear say.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, you know how the old saying goes.

"You get what you pay for"

Also I remember one of the guys from Nitrous Outlet having this quote in their sig.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten."
Yeah, im speaking of Nitrous Express, they have great quality and better prices than Nitrous Outlet.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Systems: Who is better