Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help with my nitrous setup.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need some help with my nitrous setup.

OK, my car has heads/cam already. The cam is a 228/236 112. I have a PT4200 converter.

I want to do 100 hp at most, probably only 75 actually. I hear my converter will still work nicely with a small shot of nitrous like 75 or 100 hp. I really like the 4200 converter, so I don't want to install a different one.

What kind of setup would work the best for me? I have a dry nitrous kit right now, but I also have most of the stuff I would need to convert it to a wet kit.

I have 42 lb injectors, but still have the stock fuel pump. Can I spray 75 hp on the stock fuel pump with heads/cam?

What else do I need?

I need some suggestions. Please help me out.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may be able to spray the 75 shot alright with that stock pump.However I would go ahead and put a pump in it.Better safe than sorry.
Dave
Old 04-30-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

i agree with Dave, put a racetronix or in line pump and you will be fine. for 75 hp dry is fine HP is HP when it comes to the spray i prefer dry unless your going direct port. but either way there are a lot of wet kits you cna convert to if that is the route you want to go. i would change the plugs to a colder range and close the gap to .045 or so with the 75 shot. i use R42LTS from AC but the TR5 and TR6 are what other people are using as well.. not sure of the range with NGK if lower the number is colder like AC delco... if you want parts list call Dave he can set you up with everything you need!!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

So you guys think just replace/add fuel pump and stick with dry for a 75 shot then??

For dry shots you would put the nozzle right in front of the MAF then?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:45 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup. But you need enough injector and fuel pump for it to work properly. If the pump goes to peak and you run out of injector the car will lean out. It's better to put in a larger pump if you can just for some insurance. Where do you plan on running it?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DERTY
Yup. But you need enough injector and fuel pump for it to work properly. If the pump goes to peak and you run out of injector the car will lean out. It's better to put in a larger pump if you can just for some insurance. Where do you plan on running it?
I usually run the car at stanton. Looks like some of the pictures on your website were taken there? Whenever I go out there I never see anybody from here. If I'm going to use a single fan nozzle dry shot where exactly should I put it in the airbox?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:36 PM
The Bull

I'll be out there later this year. I usually run in Real Street during the Street Tire Shootouts.

What kit are you running?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Basically, it's a dry N2O kit from NOS that was originally meant for 3.8 liter camaros/firebirds. I'm going to modify it to get it to work on my car. After I replace the fuel pump, I just spray nitrous into the airbix lid right? I'm just not exactly sure where is the best place to mount the nozzle.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:50 PM
The Bull

You should be able to place it in the lid. I've seen people put them on the sides of the lid when it has dual nozzles. If it's a single nozzle, then you need to find a good place to pick up a nice flow for it. Call NOS's tech line, they will answer that question more accurately.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Talked with NOS a few minutes ago. The guy recommended using the dual nozzles on the outside of the airbox instead of a single nozzle. He said just get a T fitting and another another nozzle and I should be good to go.