Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS 5177 kit... what nozzle and hose to use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lusting4ls1
I never really plan on anything more than a 100-125 shot, so this little kit should serve its purpose.
Well like jaybob and red fury the outdated 5177 kit has served me well for more than 10 years with stock engine and current outdated 346 CI built engine. If I remember correctly on a 98 engine the injectors are 28 lbs. on 99 and above they are 26 lbs. so you are more than likely pushing them some with the mods and the cam. With the stock engine and 28 lb injectors with an LS1 intake and stock pump I used jets up to 100 HP at the air lid no problems for 4 years.

Put the built 346 engine in the car in early 2008 and ran it with 28.8 lb injectors NA for that year then put new pump and bigger injectors in for 2009 and have been having fun since then. As stated by others tuning and a way to retard the timing is needed. If you have a short line and one straight nozzle fitting all you need is the tee and another short line and one more straight nozzle. I bet it would not be more than $60.

With all that being said as I understand 175 HP shot of nitrous is max to be used when utilizing the MAF. So I would say you are correct that the system you have is good for now. However once you get the 100 HP shot in then after a few hits put the 125 HP shot in you may want more.

Good luck and be safe!

N2
Old 08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same kit and run a 150whp maxing out the original nos noids... Plan is to upgrade the noids and put a 250 through it... The kit may be old but the design is efficiant ... My tuner has ran a 350hp shot through it with no problems on his personal car ... Of coarse you need all the supporting mods though pump, injectors etc

Quick Reply: NOS 5177 kit... what nozzle and hose to use?