Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS 5177 kit... what nozzle and hose to use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOS 5177 kit... what nozzle and hose to use?

Bought my kit used and it only came with one nozzle and one hose. From the instructions it looks to be a dual nozzle kit. I know I need to get a tee fitting, but what kind of hose and nozzle should I use? I can't find any of the parts on the websites.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a dry kit dude. It is only one nozzle and that's the way it is designed.

I'm not a big fan of dry kits because it requires you to some way add fuel by using your injectors. So either is has to be done in the tune or you need some kind of interface. I'd just rather a wet kit.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

According to the instructions I have, there is a hose on each side of the air box. And it calls for 2 nozzles on the instructions. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Still a dry kit then. It must be the one guys used to use in their air lid way back in the day.

Can you post pics of it.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...EmJhZCoZpGh3Ww

This is what I could find. Its a PDF file
Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I can get away with a one nozzle set up that would be cool too. Where would the one nozzle be mounted?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah that's an old kit man. Get your money back if you can. You don't even have the whole kit. You will spend alot more trying to make that kit work.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dang that sucks. Is there a way to make it work with the one nozzle set up?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All you need is a single dry nozzle with a jet for what ever size shot you want to run and possibly a short line to run from the noid to the nozzle depending on what you have. Call one of the sponsers, I use Nitrous Outlet. That is a solid kit, I have been using it for years. I even have a video of it on the dyno with a clear lid so you can see how the system works with the two nozzles in the lid. You should be able to get the above parts for around 50-75 bucks
Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry, forgot to answer the rest of the question. With the single nozzle you would place it just behind the lid in the neck and aim it towards the maf. Call Nitrous Outlet and they will give you all the details and walk you through it.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for that response man!!!! I actually have one short line and one nozzle that would've gone on one side of the lid.

Here's my question to that thought. The nozzle I have looks to just be straight, is there a trick to aiming the nozzle itself? Is the one nozzle just as effective as the two nozzle setup?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

You will not be able to use that nozzle setup in the neck of the lid. It only shoots straight. You need a nozzle that shots at a angle. Or get nitrous outlet to put something together like you already have so that you can run the kit as it was designed to be used.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I really like the way its originally set up so I think that's what I'll do.

You're kit has been flawless though?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

That is a video of my car years ago. The kit has never gave me any problems. It is a good basic kit that you can modify as you want. I took the two nos noids out and started just using one big NX noid for bigger shots ect...
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's freaking sweet. How big of a shot were you running? I was thinking about 100-120. After I get the lnc2000 timing adjuster of course.

If I'm right, I believe all I need is the short line, a tee fitting and the correct nozzle. May need a new fuel pressure safety switch as well. Mine looks a little different
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

I still wouldn't use it. There are way better kits out there for cheap. Dynotune comes to mind for this one and that kit is 499 with a bottle.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I still wouldn't use it. There are way better kits out there for cheap. Dynotune comes to mind for this one and that kit is 499 with a bottle.
This 5177 kit has served me well for 11 years. I have zero complaints. When my motor was stock, I installed it straight up and had no issues at all. The MAF takes care of the fuel, and it actually run a tad rich. If you only have one nozzle, just jet that nozzle accordingly and put it in the lid. It does not need to be aimed at the MAF. As long as its spraying in the lid, its going to work.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jaybob
This 5177 kit has served me well for 11 years. I have zero complaints. When my motor was stock, I installed it straight up and had no issues at all. The MAF takes care of the fuel, and it actually run a tad rich. If you only have one nozzle, just jet that nozzle accordingly and put it in the lid. It does not need to be aimed at the MAF. As long as its spraying in the lid, its going to work.
I will say it may work well for a stock motor setup but if you really want to spray a decent shot and do it well, that kit ain't it. You are limiting by so many things before putting the kit on the car. Two of them are injectors and fuel pump. If you have stock injectors and have mods like the OP, you might not have enough duty cycle to run a dry shot. At that point you need to have the injectors changed and then either get an interface like the old microedge to add fuel or get a tune done to where it adds fuel in the tune when you are spraying.

If you don't have the pump to keep up, well that's self-explanatory.

I just don't see putting an outdated kit like that on a car just to spray it. If you want to spray the car, then do it right and make it easier on yourself.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I will say it may work well for a stock motor setup but if you really want to spray a decent shot and do it well, that kit ain't it. You are limiting by so many things before putting the kit on the car. Two of them are injectors and fuel pump. If you have stock injectors and have mods like the OP, you might not have enough duty cycle to run a dry shot. At that point you need to have the injectors changed and then either get an interface like the old microedge to add fuel or get a tune done to where it adds fuel in the tune when you are spraying.

If you don't have the pump to keep up, well that's self-explanatory.

I just don't see putting an outdated kit like that on a car just to spray it. If you want to spray the car, then do it right and make it easier on yourself.
I was on mobile and didn't see his sig.

You make a good point about the injectors. He may be pushing them already. But if his pump won't keep up, that same problem is most likely going to present itself with a wet kit or dry. The fuel demand will still be there.

If its going to come down to buying injectors, a complete wet kit can be bought for a little more money. And you might still be looking at a new pump either way.

I'm not urging anyone to half-*** anything. I was just pointing out that what he has is useable.

And for what its worth, I still hit this kit with an MS4, heads and 42 lb. injectors. With the stock pump. Some times things just work.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the info. Think I'm just going to run the halo bar with the kit. As far as injectors go, you're right. They're about maxed right now. Thinking about throwing some 42's in it. I never really plan on anything more than a 100-125 shot, so this little kit should serve its purpose.

Quick Reply: NOS 5177 kit... what nozzle and hose to use?