Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Response to the Nonsense of Wizards of NOS

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, quite a lot of anger in here. All I have to say is as a new nitrous user, I went with nitrous outlet based on all the info in this site, and all the positive reviews. I pm'd Brandon, next day I got a complete quote. Made an order, and had great service since. I called with questions, and they actual answer the phone. I emailed questions, and they answered promptly. Great products at a good price, and great service.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Lol Cameron is a NX guy.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, just wow...such small minds....yes, cameron, with you around, there is nothing to be said or done..you are the pinnacle of racing success, and nitrous excellance...

talk about a nut swinger, cameron..you are way too full of yourself, like all paper tigers, and small board moderators..wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you hurt my feelings..what a dumbshit....i might as well get banned too, as no REAL knowledge will be forthcoming in this nitrous area..

the word is skeered..is 1320 got totally boring yet?..i hear from folks it is..anywhere ignorance rules, instead of truth, regardless of cost, the world suffers..
Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fat rabbit
wow, just wow...such small minds....yes, cameron, with you around, there is nothing to be said or done..you are the pinnacle of racing success, and nitrous excellance...

talk about a nut swinger, cameron..you are way too full of yourself, like all paper tigers, and small board moderators..wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you hurt my feelings..what a dumbshit....i might as well get banned too, as no REAL knowledge will be forthcoming in this nitrous area..

the word is skeered..is 1320 got totally boring yet?..i hear from folks it is..anywhere ignorance rules, instead of truth, regardless of cost, the world suffers..
You hurt my feelings Ron....

Bye!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
In my opinion, the purpose of LS1tech and like forums is for people to be educated on products they are going to spend their hard earned money on. It behooves LS1tech, and like forums, to have sponsors who sell competeing products because it keeps such companies on their toes and forces them to keep evolving and bettering a "said" market, just like we see in the nitrous market. That is good for LS1tech, it's members and the sponsors and companies who produce the products. With that said, I feel the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of these forums is for it's members and sponsors to ask technical questions related to the products they sell. What use is the forum for if technical questions can't be asked about products that we may or may not purchase. Knowledge is the key to everything, especially when it comes to building the cars we love. I see nothing wrong with two nitrous gurus discussing their products and questioning each other when it comes to the technical aspects of their products. What I don't like, and I'm sure I speak for 99% of my fellow LS1tech members, is back and forth name calling an accusations that have nothing to do with the products their respective company produces. If the two of you can question and talk about your products in a respectful manner and keep it about the products you produce, then that helps us and betters LS1tech as a whole. I've always been told to stand behind who you are and what you produce. I see no reason why someone wouldn't answer any and all questions someone had about something they put their name on and expect someone to purchase.
This ^

But in the spirit of keeping things professional this thread should be deleted. It's not needed and a bit left field,but that's just me.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

LOL

Proof is in the pudding... Go to the track and see who's stuff is working and who's isn't. I personally use Dave's stuff on alot of customers cars. And two of them are world record holding street cars. With that said if you have no experience with nitrous or any of the products from either company then you have no say in any of this debate. Don't provide input based on something you read. There is way too much of that on this board anymore with the fanboi mentality.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbob
This ^

But in the spirit of keeping things professional this thread should be deleted. It's not needed and a bit left field,but that's just me.
I disagree. This is good information for the community to have access to.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by b00sted
Someone should ask Trevor about his company name if he's so worried about people 'stealing' other people's intellectual property. "NOS" is trademarked by Nitrous Oxide Systems/Holley. It's a proprietary term and has nothing to do with the actual technology.

^^^Funny, Trevor had a long-winded response for everything except the above.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
LOL

Proof is in the pudding... Go to the track and see who's stuff is working and who's isn't. I personally use Dave's stuff on alot of customers cars. And two of them are world record holding street cars. With that said if you have no experience with nitrous or any of the products from either company then you have no say in any of this debate. Don't provide input based on something you read. There is way too much of that on this board anymore with the fanboi mentality.
James, he has been offered many time over to test his stuff against the likes if Induction Solutions and Speedtech and he never responded. I just made light of it to him in the locked thread and he says he is going to look into contacting Pro Mod racer Marc Hayes. I doubt anything becomes of it.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe there is a lot lost in translation with Trevor's posts. Most of us in the US are trained to be sooo Politically Correct that when we are questioned about our products or our knowledge in a very direct manner, we get very offended. I find this true within myself from time to time.

Not sure who originated the saying "seek to understand before being understood" but man does it ring through. Trevor obviously understands N2O to a level most of us would only dream about. With that knowledge, I truly believe his products are cutting edge. When you actually talk to him and realize the steps he has taken to:

Reduce EMI issues (electro mechanical interference)
Create a solenoid that you can adjust throw allowing increased efficiency, smoother ramps based on the ability to truly adjust frequency of the PWM controller (pulse width modulation)
Creating a REVO being the next step in ultimate control utilizing a position sensor

His knowledge of little things like position of things like a puck and how inner cyl's could likely take from the outer cyl's.

He surely understands.

What is lost in translation from him being so direct, people take it as an attack. Instead, perhaps learn from his questions as it might lead to our own better products.

And yes, I am pulling the NX kit off my truck and will be moving forward with a WON system, controller, noids and spider. Have been wanting to for quite a while. Once I have time to deal with it (first little one due very soon).

Does it mean I will have the fastest thing out there, nope. Don't plan to. I love the technology and feel I will gain control and distribution.

The distribution may not matter much on sub 200hp hits, but I am sure it does as the power level goes up.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very good points LIL SS. Too bad no one on here will get the chance to gain further knowledge from him. I think this site would have been a better place with him as a sponsor and someone we could ask questions to.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Veteran

I agree on his technology and so forth but his marketing skills still need a makeover. He needs to answer in a professional grown up manner instead of snapping at people
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by LIL SS
I believe there is a lot lost in translation with Trevor's posts. Most of us in the US are trained to be sooo Politically Correct that when we are questioned about our products or our knowledge in a very direct manner, we get very offended. I find this true within myself from time to time.

Not sure who originated the saying "seek to understand before being understood" but man does it ring through. Trevor obviously understands N2O to a level most of us would only dream about. With that knowledge, I truly believe his products are cutting edge. When you actually talk to him and realize the steps he has taken to:

Reduce EMI issues (electro mechanical interference)
Create a solenoid that you can adjust throw allowing increased efficiency, smoother ramps based on the ability to truly adjust frequency of the PWM controller (pulse width modulation)
Creating a REVO being the next step in ultimate control utilizing a position sensor

His knowledge of little things like position of things like a puck and how inner cyl's could likely take from the outer cyl's.

He surely understands.

What is lost in translation from him being so direct, people take it as an attack. Instead, perhaps learn from his questions as it might lead to our own better products.

And yes, I am pulling the NX kit off my truck and will be moving forward with a WON system, controller, noids and spider. Have been wanting to for quite a while. Once I have time to deal with it (first little one due very soon).

Does it mean I will have the fastest thing out there, nope. Don't plan to. I love the technology and feel I will gain control and distribution.

The distribution may not matter much on sub 200hp hits, but I am sure it does as the power level goes up.
This ^

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Very good points LIL SS. Too bad no one on here will get the chance to gain further knowledge from him. I think this site would have been a better place with him as a sponsor and someone we could ask questions to.
This ^

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I agree on his technology and so forth but his marketing skills still need a makeover. He needs to answer in a professional grown up manner instead of snapping at people
And this thread is really grown up right ? Come on man,pot calling the kettle black here.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

From his POSTS i see nothing we would GAIN keeping him around. I dont CARE how much he knows, ill never BUY from him based on his attitude.

This happens with a sponsor on here that does suspension components as well.. He LOSES a lot of customer due to his ATTITUDE. He understands suspension at a very high level but DOESN'T always remember not everyone ELSE does.

I hope a couple at least catch the caps...
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dave replies to stuff that was started.. You think he would have randomly came at won?
Negative.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm picking up what you're throwing down lemons12
Old 09-19-2013, 01:01 PM
9 Second Club

4.70s in Pro Mod? Really? Weak sauce for sure....

Trevor like many others on this site believe that high horsepower numbers and awesome 3 sec dyno pulls make fast cars. The reality is neither of the two mean jack when you get to the track. Just like all the "potential" posts. I see alot of built 408s in lighter cars than me that can't even get into the 5s. They all have "potential" but until you can make a pass that's all it is.

Dave, as always take the high road man. This guy is obviously a looser beyond measure and all he has time to do is hate on your innovative products.

Next you’re going to tell me the spray bars we have been doing for many, many, many years now will not work either.
## Sure ALL that cheap **** garbage 'works' just as sticking a pipe in the carb directly from the bottle 'works' but unlike you, we at WON are RAISING the bar, so that people like you who don't understand the first thing about nitrous technology, get exposed for your deficiencies and those of your wholly INADEQUATE products.
People deserve MUCH BETTER products than the GARBAGE you sell and that's what we're offering them.
Mr. Trevor, I have the Nitro Dave spray bars and they work pretty well from what I can see. I challenge you to bring any stock bottom end car, 3200lbs or heavier with whatever nitrous system you choose to SGMP and I will put you back on the trailer so fast your head will spin!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Blackbob
And this thread is really grown up right ? Come on man,pot calling the kettle black here.
This site was perfectly fine before he showed up.

There is a different level of action when you are a business owner. When someone attacks you, you either

1. don't respond to them at all since that aggravates the situation

or

2. convince them and show proof of why your product is better than the competition

Not go off in a rant and never showcase your product.

Whenever he is asked for info he goes off into a tantrum. In the process he turns people away just like lemons just put it in his post above
Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Carter01
4.70s in Pro Mod? Really? Weak sauce for sure....

Trevor like many others on this site believe that high horsepower numbers and awesome 3 sec dyno pulls make fast cars. The reality is neither of the two mean jack when you get to the track. Just like all the "potential" posts. I see alot of built 408s in lighter cars than me that can't even get into the 5s. They all have "potential" but until you can make a pass that's all it is.

Dave, as always take the high road man. This guy is obviously a looser beyond measure and all he has time to do is hate on your innovative products.

Mr. Trevor, I have the Nitro Dave spray bars and they work pretty well from what I can see. I challenge you to bring any stock bottom end car, 3200lbs or heavier with whatever nitrous system you choose to SGMP and I will put you back on the trailer so fast your head will spin!
Andy, he is not going to take that challenge. He has been challenged before and never responded. If I knew my product was superior I would want to go head to head immediately. Well, obviously his product can't be that good since he hasn't accepted any head to head comparisons.

Quick Reply: In Response to the Nonsense of Wizards of NOS