Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timing Controller

Wondering what people recommend for a timing controller with nitrous. I'm running a 150 wet shot with heads/cam/intake. I've heard the msd timing twister controlller, is this a good product to buy? Thanks!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eswizz
Wondering what people recommend for a timing controller with nitrous. I'm running a 150 wet shot with heads/cam/intake. I've heard the msd timing twister controlller, is this a good product to buy? Thanks!
LNC-2000 Lingenfelter RPM Limiter Timing Retard Launch Controller GM LS Engines

Two in one

http://http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=L460145297&C ategory_Code=C163
Old 12-16-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

MSD no longer makes the Timing Twister. The LNC-2000 is your best bet. I'm running one myself
Old 12-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Great, thanks guys. And the LNC-2000 is a pretty simple install? I have a Zex wet kit and it's already installed. I've used up a couple bottles but I wanted to be on the safe side and retard the timing now that I'm upping the shot to 150.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh yeah, at a 150 shot you pull a little timing for sure! Yeah the install insn't too bad.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Awesome! Oh, one more NO2 question! I have one of those NOS bottle heaters with the built in thermostat....well of course the fuse melted on the line(heard this was a common problem). So I hard wired the line to bypass the thermostat. Now I guess I need a bottle pressure regulator so the bottle doesn't get too warm and build up too much pressure. What is a good one to get?

Thanks for the responses!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well if you have a NOS bottle heater i'd just get a NOS regulator. Thery're pretty cheap usually. Maybe 20 bucks or so
Old 12-20-2013, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitrous Outlet has the part needed to fix your thermostat.

Also you can check out the NOS Launcher to handle your timing and everything else. Its a nice little toy that most overlook for some reason.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada
Nitrous Outlet has the part needed to fix your thermostat.

Also you can check out the NOS Launcher to handle your timing and everything else. Its a nice little toy that most overlook for some reason.
Just looked at Holley's site and no where in the description did it say it could handle timing duties. It has a trigger to connect to a timing box to make it pull timing though. Most people overlook this because its almost 800 bucks for this progressive controller. There are many progressives that do well and don't cost as much. Plus whose gonna progress a 150 shot anyway?

Fully Programmable via laptop
Compatible with Windows 2000, ME, XP, and Vista
NEW innovative NOSbus 2-wire network interface for seamless integration with other Holley/NOS supported products.
Easy to use graphical software
Free software and firmware updates updatable by the user, downloadable off i-net.
Available with a Handheld controller with SD card slot and USB interface for quick changes in the staging lanes and data-logging without laptop in the vehicle.
Available with a 3.5” color, touch screen LCD for the ultimate in programming and looks. (No laptop Required)
3.5” Color, touch screen LCD also features a SD card slot for saving configuration files and data-logging as well as a USB interface.
Full data-logging capability for easy reviewing of past runs through laptop, handheld controller (SD card) or LCD touch screen (SD card).
Ability to save configuration files for easy set-up at different tracks or for weather conditions.
Handheld controller or LCD touch screen allows changes in the staging lanes without laptop.
Fully programmable 2 stages of nitrous control and with the optional slave controller you can add two more stages for a total of 4 fully programmable stages of nitrous control.
Can be programmed to add or take away nitrous at any point to compensate for track or weather conditions.
Integrated TPS for use on fuel injected or drive by wire vehicles without the need of a separate WOT switch.
Two programmable activation inputs.
Activation of nitrous can be provided from a power input, ground input, or a Falling or Rising TPS signal.
Features an internal MAP sensor for nitrous ramps based on boost PSI.
Solenoid control channels with a load capacity of 40 amps for use with large solenoids.
1st gear lockout to prevent the nitrous from being triggered until the RPM cutoff has been hit the first time.
Two 1 amp general purpose outputs for timing retards, purge, or any activation switch (two additional on the optional slave controller).
Use WBO2 controller p/n 15979NOS for rich or lean nitrous cut off. Requires Holley WBO2 sensors p/n 534-198 Bosch or p/n 534-194 NTK (NTK requires a 534-199 extension harness).
Customer has the option to enable lean and/or rich nitrous cutoff with a programmable delay time up to 1 second. Richest/Leanest AFR data is also logged along with the nitrous data for advanced analysis.
Pause Enable Option - when retriggered, (pedaling event) the ramp will continue where it left off (rather than starting over from scratch).
Nitrous pressure sensor input for data-logging.
PROGRESSIVE RAMP FEATURES
RPM based - Programmable Trigger and End RPM points. Adjustable from 0-20,000 RPM
Time Based - Programmable RPM trigger set point, Programmable Delay time and Ramp time, Adjustable from 0-10 seconds
MAP (boost) based - Programmable RPM trigger set point, Programmable MAP trigger and MAP End points, Adjustable from -14.7 to 85 PSI
Nitrous percentage - Programmable start and final percentages, Adjustable from 0 to 100%
Safety features include - Rich or lean cutoff based off of A/F ratios, Nitrous pressure when using a nitrous pressure sensor, MAP (boost) pressure cutoff, RPM cutoff

Technical Information
Instructions for Part# 15975NOS
Latest Firmware For Launcher Controller
Instructions for Installing Firmware
Software For Launcher Controller

Shipping Dimensions
L 11.250 in. x W 10.500 in. x H 3.750 in.
Weight 3.000 lb.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Another vote for lnc 2000. Plug it into your coil pack harness and one wire to activate it by on and off switch or pushbutton, etc however you like. On my car when I arm my nitrous kit it pulls timing and it is ready to go before I even spray.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Another vote for lnc 2000. Plug it into your coil pack harness and one wire to activate it by on and off switch or pushbutton, etc however you like. On my car when I arm my nitrous kit it pulls timing and it is ready to go before I even spray.
This is the way to go. As far as the launcher it doesn't pull timing but it would be sweet if it did!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by M1SERY
LNC-2000 Lingenfelter RPM Limiter Timing Retard Launch Controller GM LS Engines

Two in one

http://http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=L460145297&C ategory_Code=C163
This is what most people seem to use. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
This is the way to go. As far as the launcher it doesn't pull timing but it would be sweet if it did!
I was thinking the launcher did everything. I actually picked one up for $500 and its on its way now. Reading more about it, it does have an aux port for optional thing like timing retard. With it having a signal that reads the TPS would you still need to add the LNF timing retard box in it. Nitrous n00b and built a motor for it so trying to figure the entire system out before I go ordering more parts. I keep going back and fourth in my head now if I need something to pull timing now. I was thinking with the launcher and HP Tuners would solve all my electrical parts of the system. Sounds like I need to do more searching/reading.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada
I was thinking the launcher did everything. I actually picked one up for $500 and its on its way now. Reading more about it, it does have an aux port for optional thing like timing retard. With it having a signal that reads the TPS would you still need to add the LNF timing retard box in it. Nitrous n00b and built a motor for it so trying to figure the entire system out before I go ordering more parts. I keep going back and fourth in my head now if I need something to pull timing now. I was thinking with the launcher and HP Tuners would solve all my electrical parts of the system. Sounds like I need to do more searching/reading.
The output for timing retard is to activate your timing box(LNC-2000). The TPS is just trying to determine if you have the pedal to the floor or not. If you have HP tuners you can just remove timing that way but the car will be a dog on motor. The LNC-2000 will let you have a strong NA tune in the car and pull timing from there only when you have the nitrous engaged. If you ever need help feel free to give me a call and I can help you out!

Quick Reply: Timing Controller