Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I want install pics of you guys' setups! They sound like awesome installs!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:27 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP very nice product, def makes the wiring job easier

Originally Posted by mcshocks
According to Lingenfelter this is not true. I called them 3 months ago asking if the timing tables would show the change via the OBDII port and they told me no. According to there tech the only way to see the retard is via the grey output wire from the box. This could be wrong but that's from the horses mouth.

that is correct,

you can connect that gray wire to EFILive, HPTuners with an analog device to convert the voltage to timing reading

i dont have my own tuning software, so i have that gray wire connected to a expensive high grade digital multimeter, when its pull timing it shows how much voltage is the multimeter receiving, 1 degree of timing = to 0.2 voltage on the multimeter, 2 degree = 0.4 voltage etc...

works like a charm,

its good peace of mind knowing that its in fact pulling timing and how much

Last edited by DSS; 04-04-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Build thread to come. Looking forward to seeing how stock I can make the wiring job look.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Build thread to come. Looking forward to seeing how stock I can make the wiring job look.
Definitely want to see this. Most intimidating part of making a nitrous kit install look clean is a clean wiring job.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Agree. I'm less scared of it with the Leash board. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully next week.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to get 1 of their relay panels. Will dress up what I have now quite a bit.....
Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

The cool thing about their nitrous board is that it's got a built in relay.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Okay, got a question regarding a fuse block. My switches on my nitrous switch panel require a 12v source, so the plan is to draw that 12v power from the Leash Big Dog fuse block, which I'll mount in the glove box. Please don't flame me here, but I assume the fuse block will be hooked up to the battery for the power and ground, and then I'll be able to plug the red wire for the 12v source coming from the switch panel (I y'd in all the ground and 12v wires so there is just one wire coming out to hook up) into one of the fuse locations. Is this correct?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

the wire coming from your 12v switch should energize the relay and battery power should be what actually powers what the relays are hooked to.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
the wire coming from your 12v switch should energize the relay and battery power should be what actually powers what the relays are hooked to.
The purge and nitrous arm accessory wires will be wired up to the Leash nitrous board, which has a built in relay. How will I pull 12v power to fuse block? Can I tap into the fuse panel on the driver's side, or can it be done via the battery?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

What vehicle/year?

I am running a relay panel in the trunk that is powered by the battery. The relays are energized by a 12 volt arming switch that is located in my ashtray. My nitrous solenoids are controlled by a NOS many progressive dual-stage controller. That controller is also powered on by that same 12 volt arming switch. My purge button and purge solenoid are both going to be powered by that 12 volt arming switch is well and the purge sold I will have its own momentary switch for it . When I turn on my nitrous master power switch the bottle heater will automatically be turned on that way I do not have to worry about forgetting to turn it on. I will not need relay for the nitrous solenoids because the nitrous controller has them built in. I will run a relay for the purge solenoid.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Next year I am going to rewire my entire nitrous system and move all of the controls and related in such to the trunk and put it all in one spot . The only night wrist control or control boxes that will not be located in the rear of the vehicle will be the switch panel itself.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

2002 WS6. I'll be running the NOS Mini too. I'll tie in the NOS Mini white wire to the nitrous arm wire from the switch panel that will go to the Leash nitrous board. I'm getting confused regarding the fuse block, so I may not get one and just pull 12v power from the fuse panel in the engine compartment or from the fuse panel location by the driver's side door.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

2002 WS6. I'll be running the NOS Mini too. I'll tie in the NOS Mini white wire to the nitrous arm wire from the switch panel that will go to the Leash nitrous board. I'm getting confused regarding the fuse block, so I may not get one and just pull 12v power from the fuse panel in the engine compartment or from the fuse panel location by the driver's side door.
What's the difference in the nos mini and the nos tps/rpm
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

NOS Mini is a dual stage progressive controller that aslo functions as a RPM window switch and has TPS or WOT activation.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

NOS Mini is a dual stage progressive controller that aslo functions as a RPM window switch and has TPS or WOT activation.
I need to get in touch with u when u finish or start to begin an what u got and how ur hooking up...after months of research I've done and previous post I've done me and u seemed to both have the same eye on what were wanting... We was both doing research months ago
Old 04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I want to know what I'm doing before I actually dive in and really get started. Switch panel is done and my Leash nitrous board is in the mail today. I know I'll run into some issues, just like everyone does during a build, but I want to have a very clear idea of what I'm doing and not just go into it blindly. That's why I'm trying to research and learn as much as possible. Based on several wiring schematics I've seen, I've got a pretty good idea in my head of how it will go, so we'll see.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I want to know what I'm doing before I actually dive in and really get started. Switch panel is done and my Leash nitrous board is in the mail today. I know I'll run into some issues, just like everyone does during a build, but I want to have a very clear idea of what I'm doing and not just go into it blindly. That's why I'm trying to research and learn as much as possible. Based on several wiring schematics I've seen, I've got a pretty good idea in my head of how it will go, so we'll see.
Heck ya keep us posted I'm bout to order the leash board as we speak
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Also I ment to ask u is ur rearend stock and r u worrying about it breaking with that much power while spraying??
Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Still on the stock 10 bolt. I blessed it with Holy Water, so it's as unbreakable as a Dana s60.

Quick Reply: Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?