Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous XPress come on in...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Nitrous Outlet valve has a push port and a .395 ID.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AntiPeaceMilitias
Op. Did you manage to find the NX valve with a push port for the 15 lb bottle? If so can you share the part number for the 15 lb valve and where you get it from.
Our First gen version of the Lightning 45 valve has a push port for use with the Nano stuff. Other than that our old white handle 45* valve also has a provision for the Nano via push port.

Lightning 45*

Only the very first run of these valves had the push port. After the first initial run we changed the design to no push port.

Old 45* Valve

-Chris
Old 05-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thanks

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Our First gen version of the Lightning 45 valve has a push port for use with the Nano stuff. Other than that our old white handle 45* valve also has a provision for the Nano via push port.

Lightning 45*

Only the very first run of these valves had the push port. After the first initial run we changed the design to no push port.

Old 45* Valve

-Chris
Thank you Chris for the clarification.

I've called you guys before seeing the reply and appreciate all the help and information. Highly recommend you guys for such professional customer service and great products.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Default glad to know that

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The Nitrous Outlet valve has a push port and a .395 ID.
Currently waiting for my second nitrous kit to arrive here and if I go with a Nano setup, I'm definitely going to get on touch with you guys.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2015, 04:35 PM
9 Second Club

I just yanked all of the nano stuff out of my car.

When it worked- it was AWESOME. The problem is the reliability.

Three of us locally use it on our first stage setups. (Dedicated feed lines & bottles, 200-250shot) Fresh nitrous fill & fresh nano fill (3k psi HPA) and it would work GREAT... The problem was when you didnt use all of the nitrous on that first night.

Say you did 1-2 passes on the fresh fills. You then closed both bottles and let the car sit for a day or two. When you come back, Nano is still near full (2800+ psi), nitrous is great 1000psi.

Now the nitrous wouldn't hit consistently. Purge was spotty/stuttering like an empty bottle or bad fill.

It seems as though the air would mix / dilute / otherwise mess up the nitrous consistency. I'm not an expert (or even an amateur!) at fluid / thermodynamics, so it may not be possible... just reporting our findings.

It was so frustrating that we've all removed the nanos and just run a normal heater setup at 950psi to mitigate pressure drop on the larger shots.

Components used were nano 3000 bottles, oldschool nx nano compatible valves & nitrous outlet nano compatible valves.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZackMorris

Three of us locally use it on our first stage setups. (Dedicated feed lines & bottles, 200-250shot) Fresh nitrous fill & fresh nano fill (3k psi HPA) and it would work GREAT... The problem was when you didnt use all of the nitrous on that first night.

Say you did 1-2 passes on the fresh fills. You then closed both bottles and let the car sit for a day or two. When you come back, Nano is still near full (2800+ psi), nitrous is great 1000psi.

Now the nitrous wouldn't hit consistently. Purge was spotty/stuttering like an empty bottle or bad fill.

It seems as though the air would mix / dilute / otherwise mess up the nitrous consistency. I'm not an expert (or even an amateur!) at fluid / thermodynamics, so it may not be possible... just reporting our findings.

It was so frustrating that we've all removed the nanos and just run a normal heater setup at 950psi to mitigate pressure drop on the larger shots.

Components used were nano 3000 bottles, oldschool nx nano compatible valves & nitrous outlet nano compatible valves.
Were you closing the valve to the nano when the nitrous bottle was turned off?
Old 05-13-2015, 04:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Were you closing the valve to the nano when the nitrous bottle was turned off?
Yes, closed both valves.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Yeah I prefer just using a traditional heater, or a bottle bath if you have a trailer. Always worked great for me.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 05-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Default good information

Thank you for reporting your experience.

I was going in circles for over 3 months, many mixed reviews. So I decided for the time being to stick to the heater setup. Maybe in the future where my wallet recovers with extra cash to spend I'll get a Nano to try it out myself.

In my case. I wanted no more than a 100 shot and try to benefit from those leftover pounds in the bottle if you know what mean.

Last edited by AntiPeaceMilitias; 05-16-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Nitrous XPress come on in...