Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Routing Fuel system for nitrous help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing Fuel system for nitrous help?

just plumbing my fuel system in my s10 .. if someone could show me a diagram and/or suggestions on fuel regulator... NA setup with Nitrous outlet stinger plate under a 4150 accufab throttle body ...

i am confused on whether to T the line before going into the rail to feed nitrous or to feed nitrous off regulator after the rails .. im open to suggestions on which is proper way to do this..

thank you
Old 03-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 03-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Teching In

i would install a stand alone system for your nitrous,thats the way to go. I have a small fuel cell where my battery used to be,elec.fuel pump and reg, plumb it straight to the nos soleniods. you can run race fuel in the cell and reg in your tank. just an idea!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How are you regulating the fuel to the motor? Are you going to run a single regulator for the motor and nitrous or will they each have their own regulator?
Old 03-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Teching In

I was hoping to run it all off the same regulator if possible without having to do a secondary fuel system for the nitrous itself .. i haven't starting plumbing the fuel system at all yet so i am open to routing whichever way just hoping i can run motor and nitrous off same pump
Old 03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjones2004a
just plumbing my fuel system in my s10 .. if someone could show me a diagram and/or suggestions on fuel regulator... NA setup with Nitrous outlet stinger plate under a 4150 accufab throttle body ...

i am confused on whether to T the line before going into the rail to feed nitrous or to feed nitrous off regulator after the rails .. im open to suggestions on which is proper way to do this..

thank you
Is it carbed or fuel injected? The jetting is based off of fuel pressure, I would go post regulator if possible. It would be even better if you could run a seperate non bypass regulator for the nitrous system.

-Garrett
Old 03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Teching In

didn't know if i could run fuel line through both rails into the regulator and then come off the regulator to feed the nitrous or if that wont work...

this is my first time with fuel injection as i always ran carb and nitrous which is super easy to plumb with different regulators so i am really lost
Old 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

You'll have to run the regulator pre-rail(s), are they aftermarket rails or factory?

-Garrett
Old 03-31-2014, 11:54 AM
Teching In

edelbrock rails .... so run line to regulator then one line to fuel solenoid and another to rail... then return back to fuel cell directly out of rail?
Old 03-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

edelbrock rails .... so run line to regulator then one line to fuel solenoid and another to rail... then return back to fuel cell directly out of rail?
You can run a single entry to one rail, and make a crossover line to the other rail, or you can run a line to each rail, if it is a return style system, you'll need a return line from the regulator back to the tank. There should be a port somewhere on the rail to pull fuel from, or you can pull it from the regulator as well, just make sure you pull from one of the main fuel ports, not the one you can screw a gauge into, because sometimes those only flow enough fuel to give a gauge reading.

-Garrett
Old 03-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Teching In

I was going to cross over from one rail to the other ... so I will just do regulator pre rail then ... everyone was telling me I had to run the regulator after the rail but that cleared it up for me

thanks man I appreciate the help
Old 03-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

I was going to cross over from one rail to the other ... so I will just do regulator pre rail then ... everyone was telling me I had to run the regulator after the rail but that cleared it up for me

thanks man I appreciate the help
Anytime, PM me if you have anymore questions.

-Garrett

Quick Reply: Routing Fuel system for nitrous help?