Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct port not necessary for only 100 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct port not necessary for only 100 shot?

I know our manifolds are not designed to flow fuel, and that most people say spraying fuel into the tb won't be smart, because it can pool, or not distribute evenly.

However, it seems smaller shots are ok. Everyone is making awesome power on the TNT 100 shots, and I figured I might want to try it.

I was initially thinking of running the Venom, but if spraying a wet TNT shot is safe for our cars, I'll do that.

I currently have 6.0 heads/cam & 10.8:1 CR on stock bottom end.

The heads/cam are a nitrous setup. I know most TNT 100 shots dyno around 120rwhp. With my heads/cam, how much more than 120 (the norm) would I dyno, approx?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Direct port not necessary for only 100 shot?

no matter what size the shot you still have the potential for a backfire. that being said there are a lot of guys running the kits trouble free.. but if money is not the issue the safest wet system is direct port adn there are plenty to choose from.. i prefer the NOSzle which was fairly straight forward to install but would not recommend for a first timer... unless you are pretty handy with a wrench and understand the basics.. as to power each setup is different depending on the setup of the car but a 100 shot is usually a 100 shot plus or minus a few hp.. bottle pressure would determine hp output more or less. the only way to know is dyno it. depending on where your car is for power now you may need to add a secondary pump or change the intank for optimum fuel delivery.. you definitly don't want to starve it. good luck

wes
Old 03-30-2003, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Direct port not necessary for only 100 shot?

What nitrous kit do you have?

I was planning on the TNT 100.

Thanks!