Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing my plugs, somewat of an adventure

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing my plugs, somewat of an adventure

ok so im installing nitrous for the first time (01 c5z 100 shot), was about to change my plugs for tr6's and 6 out of 8 of the wires actually broke while pulling them out ( metal crimp stayed on plug and wire pulled out of crimp) and the plug where so hard to unscrew i wanted to cry (almost did).

Now i have question concerning the plugs, cuz i dont want to have these kind of issues ever again.

first off wat should i gap them at? they came at 45 out of the box
should i use some coper anty seize on the plugs?
for tightening the plugs actually have the torq rating on box so il chek it out
i ordered some granatelli wires to replace my old *** w/e **** wire that broke.

other then that my install is going great, im installing a NX proton kit with the shark nozzle
Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I would go with a BR6 or BR7 gapped at 30-35
Old 07-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Definitely use anti Seiz. Sorry if I misspelled that. But use that anytime you are bolting any thing into any part of the engine that's alumnium... Like the heads. Spark plugs and so on.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

I second the br6 or br7 with the mentioned gap. If u plan on going with a bigger shot. The br7s will be good for that. Also use antiseize when ever a metal goes into aluminum. Also not mentioned it some dielectric grease on the wire boots. Will add another barrier against moister and help the boots slide off when u go read ur plugs
Old 07-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Teching In

thx for the replys guys, il be putting some anty seize for sure then, and i already got the tr6's and i dont plan on going bigger then 100 shot for now.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
ok so im installing nitrous for the first time (01 c5z 100 shot), was about to change my plugs for tr6's and 6 out of 8 of the wires actually broke while pulling them out ( metal crimp stayed on plug and wire pulled out of crimp) and the plug where so hard to unscrew i wanted to cry (almost did).

Now i have question concerning the plugs, cuz i dont want to have these kind of issues ever again.

first off wat should i gap them at? they came at 45 out of the box
should i use some coper anty seize on the plugs?
for tightening the plugs actually have the torq rating on box so il chek it out
i ordered some granatelli wires to replace my old *** w/e **** wire that broke.

other then that my install is going great, im installing a NX proton kit with the shark nozzle

Always a good idea to use some anti seize on the plugs for when you come back later. I would gap the plugs at .032, you won't have any idle issues at that gap. We recommend running a br7ef NGK plug for nitrous. The proton system is a great system for what you are wanting to do. If you have any questions about the install or anything else I can help with please let me know.

-Garrett
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

One thing to note on the anti-seize. You don't have to use a lot of it. Eventually it will build up and you will be wondering what the metallic stuff on the porcelain of your plugs is. It tends to throw guys for a loop when learning to read plugs. It's not necessary to use every time you pull a plug. It's still in there. Listen to the guys on the BR plugs.

Quick Reply: changing my plugs, somewat of an adventure