Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contemplating an -8AN feed line? Read this first!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Probably supposed to be 68 not 58.

I'm curious, if I run a single -6 to a plate and a fogger, and use a 1 in 3 out shower head attached to a firewall bulkhead what I'm losing thru the shower head if I'm only using the plate, meaning 1 of the 3 outlets on the shower head, or just. The fogger, 2 of the 3 shower head outlets. 71-78 jet in he edelbrock plate, 36-40 in the e3 edelbrock annular nozzles.

Bottle in the passengers seat area standing up, 1/4 turn ball valve next to shifter, filter in line before ball valve. Large arc 90 degree off the bottle to filter, filter, 3 feet of line to the ball valve, 4 feet after valve to firewall, bulkhead fitting in firewall, 45 degree with shower head attached, short -6 feeds to plate and fogger noids, purge right before each noid. I'm logging nitrous pressure right after the ball valve, also have a large liquid filled nitrous gauge right after the ball valve as well.

Just curious if any of that sounds like a restriction point that makes it worth going with a -8 line. Majority of he time I will only have to use the plate, fogger used for unlimited/go as fast as I can. Car will be run as a single stage car just want the ease of tuning with 1 system, and I know I can put 600 thru the fogger, if I need more than that I'll build a bigger motor.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Probably supposed to be 68 not 58.

I'm curious, if I run a single -6 to a plate and a fogger, and use a 1 in 3 out shower head attached to a firewall bulkhead what I'm losing thru the shower head if I'm only using the plate, meaning 1 of the 3 outlets on the shower head, or just. The fogger, 2 of the 3 shower head outlets. 71-78 jet in he edelbrock plate, 36-40 in the e3 edelbrock annular nozzles.

Bottle in the passengers seat area standing up, 1/4 turn ball valve next to shifter, filter in line before ball valve. Large arc 90 degree off the bottle to filter, filter, 3 feet of line to the ball valve, 4 feet after valve to firewall, bulkhead fitting in firewall, 45 degree with shower head attached, short -6 feeds to plate and fogger noids, purge right before each noid. I'm logging nitrous pressure right after the ball valve, also have a large liquid filled nitrous gauge right after the ball valve as well.

Just curious if any of that sounds like a restriction point that makes it worth going with a -8 line. Majority of he time I will only have to use the plate, fogger used for unlimited/go as fast as I can. Car will be run as a single stage car just want the ease of tuning with 1 system, and I know I can put 600 thru the fogger, if I need more than that I'll build a bigger motor.
I would leave the 6 on it. An 8 is going to hurt you when you run the plate by itself.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That's what I was thinking, if I was going to do the -8, all the bottles were going to get the nitrous supply ball valve on them too, which wasn't going to be cheap. If the -8 is needed, then the valve probably would be a good idea I would think

Quick Reply: Contemplating an -8AN feed line? Read this first!